We're not that bad off!!

Smo0v3mik3

Coming off of 4-12 an 8-8 season is great. I also said that with all of the resources the Jets have this off-season that it's very conceivable that they could get that plus much more.

I agree with you here , ironic that most Pats fans have slowly morphed into what they hate the most , Yankee fans , they now smugly talk about any season that doesn't end in a championship is a failure ....ok cool that's all good but in a couple years they are going to come crashing back to reality just like the Yankee Fan is right now.

BS

6 starters? Who were they? Belichick doesn't sit 6 starters, never has. He didn't sit anyone on the Oline

The Patriots held out their top receivers, Julian Edelman and Rob Gronkowski, along with Kyle Arrignton, Brandon Browner and Jamie Collines on the defensive side.

With starting offensive linemen Dan Connolly and Sebastian Vollmer also inactive, New England failed to score a touchdown for the first time since the fifth game last season, a 13-6 loss at Cincinnati. Stephen Gostkowski kicked three field goals.

There are 7 starters who did not play in that meaningless game, including 2 OLine starters.

Know you facts before you post made-up crap.

The Patriots held out their top receivers, Julian Edelman and Rob Gronkowski, along with Kyle Arrignton, Brandon Browner and Jamie Collines on the defensive side.

With starting offensive linemen Dan Connolly and Sebastian Vollmer also inactive, New England failed to score a touchdown for the first time since the fifth game last season, a 13-6 loss at Cincinnati. Stephen Gostkowski kicked three field goals.

There are 7 starters who did not play in that meaningless game, including 2 OLine starters.

Know you facts before you post made-up crap.

Oh, I get it now.

I agree with you here , ironic that most Pats fans have slowly morphed into what they hate the most , Yankee fans , they now smugly talk about any season that doesn't end in a championship is a failure ....ok cool that's all good but in a couple years they are going to come crashing back to reality just like the Yankee Fan is right now.

Even worse. They're the Giambi-never-failed-a-test variety Yankee fan

Last year, with a clearly better roster, another year in the offensive system, and a QB with a year of experience under his belt, the team goes 4-12 and it is somehow not Rex's fault. 

Geno Smith could have 10 years of experience under his belt and still blow goats

the 2013 team overperformed at 8-8. the 2014 team underperformed at 6-10. 

the roster was sh*tty, both years. 

coaches coach and players play

if Bowles has more success than Rex, it will be because the team found some better players. 

Geno Smith could have 10 years of experience under his belt and still blow goats

the 2013 team overperformed at 8-8. the 2014 team underperformed at 6-10. 

the roster was sh*tty, both years. 

coaches coach and players play

if Bowles has more success than Rex, it will be because the team found some better players. 

I agree with you on Geno, but he sucked less in 14 than in 13, the stats are what they are.

The 2014 team was 4-12, not 6-10.

Coaches do more than coach, the NFL disagrees with you. You don't pay guys an average of $4m per year if they don't matter, you just don't. They matter a whole lot more than any Rex lover wants to admit.

Good coaches can evaluate talent, and find the best way to use them. They set the overall strategy as far as what type of team they are going to be, and prioritize certain positions over others, which in the salary cap age is crucial.

They teach, they pick the staffs, they set the culture, and much more. They manage 60 players, and a ton of coaches. Saying coaches coach, and players play is incredibly lazy, or unknowledgeable, or maybe both.

I think last year was a horrible coaching job across the board, from game planning, to preparation, to in game management. I watched several games where the Jets appeared to be the better team on the field, that they lost the game. In the NFL today, the line between winning and losing is a very, very fine line, and horrible coaching can easily make the difference in 3-4 losses in a season.

Going into last year, with what was regarded as a far better roster than in 13, coming off an 8-8 season, nobody in their right mind would have predicted 4-12. Pretty much everyone had the Jets in the 9-7 range.

My point is that prior year record is not the indicator of what a team will do in the next year, we see it all the time in the NFL.

The Jet play calling on offense last year might have been worse than when Schotty was here.  Geno stunk, but the play calling was utter garbage.  MM was terrible.  The special teams were horrible as well.  The D was its usual overrated self, coaching-wise.  Too many long third down conversions, too many drives for score at the end of each half.  It almost seemed choreographed for failure.   I am not sure that these were all failures of personnel. Yes, players play, but for a lot of each game our players played well.  It just seemed that when it mattered, they invariably failed. We have Marty always calling running plays on second and long.  Clueless calls in the red zone.  We have Rex always blitzing on third and long. Pre-snap penalties for too many men, delay of game after a timeout.  Harvin trying to run back every kick and getting stopped inside the 15, an almost guaranteed score (FG minimum) if we three and out) for the other team, I really believe that this team was horribly coached on all three levels.

Archived