Manning not wanted back by Broncos???

Scott Dierking

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All of the other Patsie Trolls put together can't hold TX's jock....jus sayin'

He can get annoying as hell

But he also knows when not to take the bait and let something die...

The #1 Cardinal rule for effective trolling is this:

Pick and chose your threads very carefully.  Do not attempt to troll in a thread that:

1) you can not win the arguement

2) you can not piss off other posters

3) you can not crack funny jokes to make your point.

Just to give you an example.  My all-time favorite thread to troll in is the Jets annual "Predict the Jets Record for the Upcoming Season".

That thread for trolling is like stealing candy from a baby.

Yea, but that was an epic comeback that humiliated Belichick and the Patriots in the AFC Championship, a pretty big deal. And then he came through again and won his Super Bowl

If Manning and Brady switched places, I think Manning wins more Super Bowls then Brady has...Brady's always been on the better coached, better prepared team, I don't hold that against Manning...

I disagree.  Do you see Manning checking his ego or wallet at the door?  No way. 

he's got 7 months to heal, he'll be fine 

And he is about to be 39.  If the reports are true and it is a quad tear, that takes months of receovery and he is 39.

Disagree.. Dungy is criminally under rated because he was correctly viewed as riding Manning's coattails in Indy. Tthe job he did building the team and changing the culture in Tampa is better then anything belicheat has done by far. That franchise had 1 winning season in 20 years and Dungy only had 1 losing season (his first) in his time there.

Belicheat has a worse record then Rex, Herm and Mangini without Brady. Guy made the playoffs 1 time in 6-7 years, he lucked into an all time great at QB and has sucked without him, Meanwhile Dungy was winning with trent Dilfer and Brad johnson.  

Dungy built a team during the cap era.  As Belichick, Rex and many coaches have shown in the salary cap area, a quick  turnaround is not as difficult as the salary cap makes good to great players available every year.  Turning around the disaster in Cleveland  was accomplished before FA and in a FA era that was not as open as it is now.

Anyone that thinks Brock freakin Osweiller will get Denver anywhere near what Manning did is nutso. Manning, age and arm and all is still one of the best QB's in the league. Giving up on an old guy hof too early is a mistake, ask the Jets re Favre.

Biggest mistake ever was not sticking with Favre one more year. Granted he wanted to go to the Vikings but Woody and Tammy really wanted him back they could have made it happen instead they listened to the know-nothing media saying Favre was done and trading for him was stupid

Something I would be very in favor of (assuming Peyton does somehow becomes a Free Agent), bring him in for a year or two, and trade for glennon and have glennon learn from one of the best. 

That would never happen though. 

Glennon isn't going anywhere since the Bucs let McCown go yesterday. Glennon will be the transition QB until Winston or Mariota is ready.

The #1 Cardinal rule for effective trolling is this:

Pick and chose your threads very carefully. Do not attempt to troll in a thread that:

1) you can not win the arguement

2) you can not piss off other posters

3) you can not crack funny jokes to make your point.

Just to give you an example. My all-time favorite thread to troll in is the Jets annual "Predict the Jets Record for the Upcoming Season".

That thread for trolling is like stealing candy from a baby.

Take notes, wannabes

Biggest mistake ever was not sticking with Favre one more year. Granted he wanted to go to the Vikings but Woody and Tammy really wanted him back they could have made it happen instead they listened to the know-nothing media saying Favre was done and trading for him was stupid

I tend to think the biggest 3 mistakes were letting Thomas Jones and Leon Washington go and naming Holmes captain.

I think Leon especially would have pushed us over the top in Pittsburgh and sent us to a Super Bowl.

Jets management is always a day late and a dollar short.

BTW, after Favre texted his dick to that chick AND him and the Jets were accused of whatever it was by those masseuses there was no chance of him coming back.

Good point and add in the Pete Kendall fiasco...It all seems to point to Woody wanting to save money, sadly, and forcing it on the FO.

Didn't the Jets lose Faneca or Kendall over something like $600K?

I'm pretty sure one of them walked away over some miniscule number.

Didn't the Jets lose Faneca or Kendall over something like $600K?

I'm pretty sure one of them walked away over some miniscule number.

I think it was Kendall they were playing hardball with, but it may have been a similar situation with both...I do remember they tried to sell off the Faneca situation as him being old and not a good run blocker anymore, blah, blah, blah...

My whole life has been spent watching the Jets turning strengths into weaknesses with no logic behind any of it...

The curse is real:

Strong teams on the cusp are then dismantled back to also rans.

Good head coaches fired after successful seasons or just one season.

Great players let go for no obvious reasons.

Obvious future stars skipped over on draft day.

Something always goes wrong at the top with this franchise.

They cheaped out on Kendall and Mangini was a dick about it.  It had more to do with him being an NFLPA guy than his play.  I think he complained about some of Mangini's ridiculousness and rule breaking - extra practices and too much hitting.  They got a 4th for him. Faneca was getting paid a ton and I read an article recently where one of the playoff Dlineman said that during the 2009 playoffs they knew they could rush right over Faneca.  He had become a major liability in pass protection.  Ducasse was a bust, but the line actually improved in 2010 with Slauson.

They cheaped out on Kendall and Mangini was a dick about it.  It had more to do with him being an NFLPA guy than his play.  I think he complained about some of Mangini's ridiculousness and rule breaking - extra practices and too much hitting.  They got a 4th for him. Faneca was getting paid a ton and I read an article recently where one of the playoff Dlineman said that during the 2009 playoffs they knew they could rush right over Faneca.  He had become a major liability in pass protection.  Ducasse was a bust, but the line actually improved in 2010 with Slauson.

Sounds right, but I wouldn't doubt that Tanny was also thinking that guard was a spot to save money with young draftpicks as opposed to expensive veterans...hence a wasted draft pick on Ducasse...every dumb or cheap move trickles down.

They cheaped out on Kendall and Mangini was a dick about it.  It had more to do with him being an NFLPA guy than his play.  I think he complained about some of Mangini's ridiculousness and rule breaking - extra practices and too much hitting. 

Didn't Mangini make him bunk in the rookie dorm during training camp???

I thought that was pretty funny.

I tend to think the biggest 3 mistakes were letting Thomas Jones and Leon Washington go and naming Holmes captain.

I think Leon especially would have pushed us over the top in Pittsburgh and sent us to a Super Bowl.

Jets management is always a day late and a dollar short.

Funny, but one of Max's former writers had a piece on most of this stuff.  The Jets got a pick for Leon, but they burned it on the Terminator.  Wasn't Leon getting to be a distraction?  He was coming off the destroyed leg and looking for a long-term deal. I don't think you can fault them much.

http://www.jetnation.com/2012/11/02/jetnation-myth-busters/

1)      The Jets should never have gotten rid of running back Thomas Jones:

While Jones had some very memorable moments with the Jets and was a quiet leader, Shonn Greene was handling the bulk of the running back duties during the 2009 playoffs as Jones was dealing with a knee issue.  Many fans point to the Greene’s injured ribs during the AFC Championship against the Indianapolis Colts as a turning point in that game as Jones, forced into a full-time role, was not playing up to his usual level.

The Jets wanted to re-work Jones 2010 salary, something he was unwilling to do, so they released him.  Jones would eventually sign a two year contract with the Kansas City Chiefs while the Jets signed veteran running back LaDainian Tomlinson to replace the departed Jones.

Both the Chiefs (10-6 AFC West winners) and the Jets (11-5 Wildcard) made the playoffs during the 2010 season but neither team made the playoffs in 2011, Jets (8-8) – Chiefs (7-9).

Here are the 2010 regular season statistics for both Tomlinson and Jones:
  • Tomlinson: 914 yards rushing (4.2 Avg) / 52 receptions for 368 yards.
  • Jones: 896 Yards rushing (3.7 Avg) / 14 receptions for 122 yards.
2011 Season:
  • Tomlinson: 280 yards rushing (3.7 Avg) / 42 receptions for 449 yards.
  • Jones: 153 Yards rushing (3.1 Avg) / 5 receptions for 43 yards.

While Jones was a fan favorite and played hard the stats would show the Jets got more production out of Tomlinson and releasing Jones was not a mistake. Both players retired after the 2011 season.

2)      The Jets shouldn’t have released guard Alan Faneca:

Signed before the 2008 season Faneca was considered to be the best free agent guard available at the time.  He had previously played 10 seasons with the Pittsburgh Steelers and was a major upgrade to Adrien Clarke who had a miserable 2007 season starting at left guard eventually being benched.

After two seasons with the team the Jets decided to release Faneca, 33 at the time, after he had a mediocre 2009 season allowing 6.5 sacks.  A training camp battle between second year player Matt Slauson and rookie Vladimir Ducasse to replace Faneca followed with Slauson winning the job.

The Jets finished 11th in the league that season in total offense, 4th in rushing, allowed 28 sacks, and made the AFC Championship game for a second straight year.

Faneca signed a one year deal with the Arizona Cardinals in 2010 which turned out to be his last year in the NFL.

Sounds right, but I wouldn't doubt that Tanny was also thinking that guard was a spot to save money with young draftpicks as opposed to expensive veterans...hence a wasted draft pick on Ducasse...every dumb or cheap move trickles down.

I'm not so sure.   The only reason they broke the bank to sign Faneca was because they proved they couldn't do that with the Adrien Clarke fiasco in 2007.

Didn't Mangini make him bunk in the rookie dorm during training camp???

I thought that was pretty funny.

Yeah  Kendall asked for his release and the Jets played hardball with him.  They ended up getting a pick which they used in the trade-up for Shonn Greene. They looked pretty petty, especially when it turned out Adrien Clarke couldn't play. 

Funny, but one of Max's former writers had a piece on most of this stuff. The Jets got a pick for Leon, but they burned it on the Terminator. Wasn't Leon getting to be a distraction? He was coming off the destroyed leg and looking for a long-term deal. I don't think you can fault them much.

http://www.jetnation.com/2012/11/02/jetnation-myth-busters/

I'm not so sure. The only reason they broke the bank to sign Faneca was because they proved they couldn't do that with the Adrien Clarke fiasco in 2007.

IMO they got into a habit of dumping and replacing veterans and it tends to trickle down into the negotiations with alot of the veterans down the road. Successful organizations reward their hard working and sucessfull vets and in turn future vets trust the FO a little more and resign and so on and so on and build a unified T E A M.

Wether or not the replacements produced is immaterial to me, with each successive dump of a solid veteran they created a revolving door cast of players with less and less loyalty which eventually was like the George Steinbrenner/Ken Phelps Yankees where we had a bunch of players who didn't give flying fvck about the T E A M.

And he we are: 4 straight crappy seasons

IMO they got into a habit of dumping and replacing veterans and it tends to trickle down into the negotiations with alot of the veterans down the road. Successful organizations reward their hard working and sucessfull vets and in turn future vets trust the FO a little more and resign and so on and so on and build a unified T E A M.

I disagree with that.

Successful organizations do not reward veteran players for past results, rather they reward them on perceived future value/contributions.

Releasing players sooner, rather than later, is a good thing in the NFL.

Wether or not the replacements produced is immaterial to me, with each successive dump of a solid veteran they created a revolving door cast of players with less and less loyalty which eventually was like the George Steinbrenner/Ken Phelps Yankees where we had a bunch of players who didn't give flying fvck about the T E A M.

And he we are: 4 straight crappy seasons

It works for the Steelers.  They dumped his ass two years before us.  Leon is the only one of those guys that lasted at all. Thomas Jones lasted two more crappy years, Faneca one.  Bringing in Faneca and Jones in the first place is the kind of thing that probably grates on the "T E A M" concept.

I disagree. Do you see Manning checking his ego or wallet at the door? No way.

And he is about to be 39. If the reports are true and it is a quad tear, that takes months of receovery and he is 39.

Dungy built a team during the cap era. As Belichick, Rex and many coaches have shown in the salary cap area, a quick turnaround is not as difficult as the salary cap makes good to great players available every year. Turning around the disaster in Cleveland was accomplished before FA and in a FA era that was not as open as it is now.

he turned it around by making playoffs 1 time and getting fired after a 5 win season? interesting klogic

I disagree with that.

Successful organizations do not reward veteran players for past results, rather they reward them on perceived future value/contributions.

Releasing players sooner, rather than later, is a good thing in the NFL.

It works for the Steelers.  They dumped his ass two years before us.  Leon is the only one of those guys that lasted at all. Thomas Jones lasted two more crappy years, Faneca one.  Bringing in Faneca and Jones in the first place is the kind of thing that probably grates on the "T E A M" concept.

Obviously I dont mean keeping guys that are done, I mean keeping guys that aren't done...Thomas Jones deserved to remain with the Jets and they dumped him, Kendall was dumped before his time, Washington broke his leg and came back with Seattle at the end of the season and had more TD returns for them then we had all season without him...You said yourself, getting rid of Faneca was a bad move...Those guys were all important locker room leaders....All of that turnover ended up with Tanny picking up an selfish idiot like Plaxico and another solid leader, Cotchery actually asking to be traded or released...Tanny, Mangini and Then Tanny and Rex turned the Jets into a disaster of selfish free agents.

BTW, I was not only talking about Faneca, I was talking about all of the moves as a whole turning us into a team that talks shlt about each other, points fingers and falls apart.

Obviously I dont mean keeping guys that are done, I mean keeping guys that aren't done...Thomas Jones deserved to remain with the Jets and they dumped him, Kendall was dumped before his time, Washington broke his leg and came back with Seattle at the end of the season and had more TD returns for them then we had all season without him...You said yourself, getting rid of Faneca was a bad move...Those guys were all important locker room leaders....All of that turnover ended up with Tanny picking up an selfish idiot like Plaxico and another solid leader, Cotchery actually asking to be traded or released...Tanny, Mangini and Then Tanny and Rex turned the Jets into a disaster of selfish free agents.

OK, I guess I missed the point you were making.

I agree with what you said above.

he turned it around by making playoffs 1 time and getting fired after a 5 win season? interesting klogic

Typical JN BS logic.

He took over a 3-13 that was horrible in an age were there was no FA.

He built the team and got them into the playoffs.  His last year, the team started well, but his sh*tty owner informs the world they are moving to Baltimore at the end of the season.  Essentially cutting their legs out from under them and they went in the tank.

Here is the thing.  You do not even have to believe me.  They did a 30 for 30 on it.  Very interesting.   

Differences of opinion are fine, but I certainly never said getting rid of Faneca was a bad move. 

Differences of opinion are fine, but I certainly never said getting rid of Faneca was a bad move.

Sorry, that was a response to TX...just sent it to you instead of retyping most of it...I just look back on all of those moves as too much change too fast... i dont pretend to know it all, its just my opinion after the fact...

Typical JN BS logic.

He took over a 3-13 that was horrible in an age were there was no FA.

He built the team and got them into the playoffs. His last year, the team started well, but his sh*tty owner informs the world they are moving to Baltimore at the end of the season. Essentially cutting their legs out from under them and they went in the tank.

Here is the thing. You do not even have to believe me. They did a 30 for 30 on it. Very interesting.

he was on the hot seat in NE before mo Lewis gave belicheat the sense to start Brady

quit rewriting history u taint

he was on the hot seat in NE before mo Lewis gave belicheat the sense to start Brady

quit rewriting history u taint

According to JN.

Kraft had just spent a 1st round pick on him.  He is not going to pull the plug after 2 seasons when he had to scrap the first season due to salary cap issues.

This is an owner who bought the old sh*thole stadium in the 70s/80s to position himself to own the team 10+ years later.

You do understand that he took over a very old team that was one of the worse in the nfl and 4 years later was in the playoffs, and this was before FA. Don't throw out the last year when 1/2way thru the year the team knew they were going to move and the wheels fell off and they started the year 3-1.

You do understand that he took over a very old team that was one of the worse in the nfl and 4 years later was in the playoffs, and this was before FA. Don't throw out the last year when 1/2way thru the year the team knew they were going to move and the wheels fell off and they started the year 3-1.

sounds like he lost the team ..

True or False Belicheat has a worse record the Rex, Mangini and Herm w/out Brady

Something I would be very in favor of (assuming Peyton does somehow becomes a Free Agent), bring him in for a year or two, and trade for glennon and have glennon learn from one of the best. 

That would never happen though. 

I wouldn't do it if I was making decisions for the jets. I know I could make better ones than most that come out of that building. We have for way too long failed to draft and prepare our own guys. We wind up picking up Neil O'donnell or Art Monk who either aren't good enough (Neil) or are way past their prime looking for 1 more check (Monk). Curtis Martin is the exception to the rule. I say put together the absolute best scouting dept and improve it each year. Then select players who will come in and play their butts off, give them the best coaching possible, use UFA to fill holes without overspending, and of course, resign the guys who were somehow good picks (Wilk, Richardson). Now with Rex gone, we can stop running off at the mouth which only gets the opponent up for the game. Most importanly, we need to have an identity, talk soft, and come Sunday knock the crap out of them! That is what I call walking the walk rather than talking the talk!  BTW i liked Rex just wish he could have shut his mouth

sounds like he lost the team ..

True or False Belicheat has a worse record the Rex, Mangini and Herm w/out Brady

Do you take the best player off each of the teams that those guys coached? What is Rex without revis? ( Mangini Mangini without Farve 

Archived