Ryan Mallett anyone?

Joe Jets fan

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mallet stinks.

People here think Genos inaccurate, wait until you see this guy.

Talk about overthrowing your receivers.

Plus he has no touch, everything's fastballs.

You can tell who has actually seen Mallett play. And I'm not talking about the fair weather pats trolls who saw Mallett play against 3rd stringers in the preseason 2 years ago.

Matt Simms is better than Mallett. The guy will be living under a bridge in 5 years book it

Mallet being bought here to compete is no big deal I don't see what the fuss is, he could be a diamond in the rough and if he sucks just cut him.

If the choice is between Mallett at the league minimum or $3-4 mil for some loser like Matt Moore or Jake Locker i would go Mallett

If those are the bodies in camp there is a 99% chance that Mariotta is the starter on opening day.

Even if the Jets somehow acquire Mariotta, he isn't going to start this year. Kid will need to sit and learn for a bit unlike Winston who is much more pro ready.  It was a huge mistake to start Geno Smith in year 1.  But playing Sanchez in a meaningless pre season 4th quarter forced the issue.

Mallet stinks.

People here think Genos inaccurate, wait until you see this guy.

Talk about overthrowing your receivers.

Plus he has no touch, everything's fastballs.

It's like replacing poopie with poopie that you convince yourself is a Wonka bar with a golden ticket. Mallet is suck.

No to Mallet. He never 'grew' into what the Patriots wanted in a backup, wtf would we want him as a starter?

Because he has that incredible pedigree and knows the patriot way just like his fellow overrated scrubs Matt Cassel and Brian Hoyer

He watched Brady all those years so he must know everything Brady knows duh

Okay hot shot them why isn't Bill O'Brien bringing back Ryan Mallett if he's so good?

1. O'Brien may be trying to bring him back. 

2. If it did come down to a bidding war, the Jets likely have more money to spend than the Texans and have less attractive QB options than the Texans. 

3. Mallett would likely prefer to have to compete against Geno Smith rather than Ryan Fitzpatrick. 

4. To the other posters who have argued that Mallett will stink because Cassell and Hoyer have not panned out, Mallett was a much better prospect coming out of college than the latter 2. 

Look, no one is saying that Mallett is Andrew Luck, but neither is any other quarterback that is going to be available. 

1. O'Brien may be trying to bring him back.

2. If it did come down to a bidding war, the Jets likely have more money to spend than the Texans and have less attractive QB options than the Texans.

3. Mallett would likely prefer to have to compete against Geno Smith rather than Ryan Fitzpatrick.

4. To the other posters who have argued that Mallett will stink because Cassell and Hoyer have not panned out, Mallett was a much better prospect coming out of college than the latter 2.

Look, no one is saying that Mallett is Andrew Luck, but neither is any other quarterback that is going to be available.

Ryan Mallett sucks. You can babble on all you want he sucks and wouldn't beat out Simms for the backup job. I've seen him play with a way better supporting cast in Houston he's terrible plus I wouldn't be shocked if he has a drug problem. But yeah let's engage in a bidding war to bring in a qb who's actually worse than Matt Cassell and Brian Hoyer two other clowns people swore to me would save this franchise

No one thinks Mallet is good except a couple jet fans who never saw him play and nice weather pats fans who think any qb who got deflated balls for Brady is a future hall of gamer.

Ryan Mallett sucks. You can babble on all you want he sucks and wouldn't beat out Simms for the backup job. I've seen him play with a way better supporting cast in Houston he's terrible plus I wouldn't be shocked if he has a drug problem. But yeah let's engage in a bidding war to bring in a qb who's actually worse than Matt Cassell and Brian Hoyer two other clowns people swore to me would save this franchise

No one thinks Mallet is good except a couple jet fans who never saw him play and nice weather pats fans who think any qb who got deflated balls for Brady is a future hall of gamer.

And only you and a couple other morons here think Geno does not suck.

Mallett played a game and a half for Houston. Tell me you have seen more then that to say he sucks. I have seen two years if Geno and I know he sucks.

Archived