b maxwell to eagles

njjetman

If we get Revis I think the four young guys we have will compete for the second spot unless Cromartie comes on the cheap which he very well might

Why is Cro going to come cheap, where all the other corners are getting 9mill, Jackson, Flowers, Maxwell. We discussed this in the FA/Draft, Cro got almost 4 mill last year on a proove it deal.  My guess is close to LB Harris now with the market the way it is. (but less guaranteed)

The Eagles lost Maclin and McCoy and gained

Kiko Alonso. Frank Gore. Byron Maxwell. Chip thinks his offensive system will be fine and is putting his resources into defense.

How is dropping all that money on Frank Gore putting resources into his defense? Everybody knew they were going to spend on CBs.  They had to.

Why is Cro going to come cheap, where all the other corners are getting 9mill, Jackson, Flowers, Maxwell. We discussed this in the FA/Draft, Cro got almost 4 mill last year on a proove it deal.  My guess is close to LB Harris now with the market the way it is. (but less guaranteed)

because Cro is not in his mid 20's like thos other guys and he wants to play on the Jets

@JaysonBraddock

Follow

Byron Maxwell deal is done. Guarantee came in higher after more discussion. Byron Maxwell will become an Eagle Tuesday w/ $25 mil guaranteed

So the best CB in FA is off the board, and it appears we made no effort to sign him.

Did the Jets obsession with Revis get in the way of looking harder at Maxwell?

Maxwell got alot of money for the #2 he was, but it does seem the Jets (Owner, Front office, Fans) are putting far too much into trying to reunite with Revis for our own good.

I laugh each time I see cro mentioned as I said it was a terrible mistake letting a loyal player go that wanted to stay with the team and played hurt and signing a guy (forget about the fact he went awol) in patterson that could never stay on the field and was bashed over and over and over again and now some of the same guys that said cro was old done and they through out his "grade" last year with jets want him back

me personally bring him back and bring revis back and right two wrongs-

Cro was HORRIBLE his last year here, playing hurt or not the guy stunk as did the rest of the secondary the year before this last one.

Archived