The Brilliance Of OAK

KRL

Doesn't Oak need to spend to 89% of Cap? They've had alot of cap room lately?

Way better players still available to spend money on. Oakland is not as bad a free agent location as people say if I get the best money offer from Oakland sure I'd live in the Marin County area it's the most beautiful part of the country besides the Seattle area.

Richardson has top end speed (4.15 40 time) and is the size of a lineman playing runningback (6'5 315 lbs) that size and speed combo is gonna be unstoppable behind the Raiders elite line (combined weight at around 1500 lbs) and with Carr at qb (Lil Jesus) defenses have to play the pass 100% of the time. T-Rich is a lock to break the rushing record.

T-Rich was actually a really good football player.  Trent Richardson is not.  

A two year deal for that f-cking guy?

I wonder what you said when you saw what the Jets paid for David Harris, and Antonio Cromartie. Now compare that to what Raiders are paying a 24 year old RB, whose there to provide competition .( like all Raider contracts can get out of it after one year, without any dead money going forward) .

Can you say that with those contract I mention.

It's silly to try to blow this signing out of proportion . It has minimal risk to the Raiders.( will do these kind of deals Everytime,

Lol, just because there are other bad deals, doesn't preclude this from being a bad deal.   He was released from a team that is a good RB away from being an unstoppable offense, so they could avoid paying him $3 million, so the Raiders decide to pay him 3 million anyway for two years.   

This guy is probably one of the biggest reasons why RBs are devalued now.  He played behind a great O-Line in Alabama that opened up ridiculous holes for him, so when they called a play, he could actually just run to the area because there would actually be space to run through there.  Now he doesn't have that, and he's lost.  I'd be surprised if he lasts the whole season on their roster.  

I guess stupidity has taken up permanent residence in OAK.  Only a fool would sign the "great"

Trent Richardson.  I guess our OAK troll will tell us how this is a wonderful signing and how he'll

turn into the next Jim Brown.  Idiots:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000479521/article/trent-richardson-signs-contract-with-oakland-raiders

Trent Richardson has found another gig.

The Oakland Raiders announced Tuesday that they have signed the former first-round pick to a new deal. NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reports the deal is for two-years and is worth $3.9 million. Richardson, who became available after being released by the Indianapolis Colts last week, can make up to $4 million per season based on incentives.

It's another veteran flier by Raiders general manager Reggie McKenzie, who went hard after DeMarco Murray last week. Richardson is coming off a miserable season with the Colts in which he averaged 3.3 yards per carry, lost his starting job and was suspended during the postseason. He represents the lowlight in the general manager career of Ryan Grigson, who gave up a first-round pick to acquire Richardson from the Browns in October 2013.

Richardson, 24, joins a new-look Raiders backfield that has moved on without Maurice Jones-Drew and Darren McFadden. Promising third-year man Latavius Murray is the favorite to be the team's primary backfield option in 2015.

It's a good landing spot for Richardson, who is running out of chances and could carve out a role on a rebuilding team. Richardson, who has been consistently outspoken despite his subpar play, predicted after his Colts release that he would rise again.

"I'll be one of the top running backs from here on out," he told ESPN's Mike Wells. "They ruled Marshawn Lynch off in his third year. Look at what he's doing now. My next stop, I'll be the starter. I still have my pride and I know who I am."

Richardson now gets a shot to back up that big talk.

If someone wants to take a flyer on him that is one thing. But you don't win a bidding war for him, just crazy.

Yet two NFL teams used a number 1 pick on.

The Browns are Oakland's chief rival for the crown of Worst Run Team in the NFL.

Oh then there's "Snowblind" Jim Irsay, who I'm sure was clear-headed when he decided to trade for Richardson.

LOL

I wonder what you said when you saw what the Jets paid for David Harris, and Antonio Cromartie. Now compare that to what Raiders are paying a 24 year old RB, whose there to provide competition .( like all Raider contracts can get out of it after one year, without any dead money going forward) .

Can you say that with those contract I mention.

It's silly to try to blow this signing out of proportion . It has minimal risk to the Raiders.( will do these kind of deals Everytime,

Were you that Raider91275 guy on JI years ago who told Jamarcus Russell was the right move #1 overall over Calvin Johnson?

Archived