Jets Report To OTA's

KRL

You really don't get it do you.  It's not even close. At his age and with his injury history and his past he is not even in the Top 20 wishlist of NFL GM's. Period.

You can list him in your 5 all you want but teams were not scrambling to get Marshall once he was made available by the Bears. Usually when teams start exploring trade options more often than not they end up cutting the player. Why would a team cut a Top 5 player, specially when if people on this board are to be believed his existing salary is very reasonable. Ask yourself that.

well your wrong, only way to say it.   It would also appear your way to pig headed to ever admit it so there you go.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's easier to whine and moan and never back it up with facts. Seems to be a recurring theme on every thread. I am going to follow the advice of JetBlue and utilize the ignore button as well. Life is too short to waste on those who get a high off of being a contrarian.

Think I'm going to take that advice as well.

You really don't get it do you.  It's not even close. At his age and with his injury history and his past he is not even in the Top 20 wishlist of NFL GM's. Period.

You can list him in your 5 all you want but teams were not scrambling to get Marshall once he was made available by the Bears. Usually when teams start exploring trade options more often than not they end up cutting the player. Why would a team cut a Top 5 player, specially when if people on this board are to be believed his existing salary is very reasonable. Ask yourself that.

You do not know if teams were not scrambling to get Marshall.  There could have been many inquiries from different teams and I would imagine a guy with his talent did get calls from more than just the Jets. As to why a team would cut a top WR it could be for many reasons and usually salary is the #1 reason.  There is a new coach and GM and perhaps Marshall yielded too much locker room power/distraction.  They have Jefferey and can allocate that money somewhere else.  I think it was a no brainier for the Jets to get him.  Give our coach the pieces on defense that he needs to succeed with and get your QB, the pieces he needs to be successful.

Maybe I'm getting old, but where do I go to put on ignore?

You probably cannot get there fast enough, right?  Go to "my settings" in the top right under your username and then go to "ignore preferences".  Enter the name of the person who is annoying as bloody hell in there, click on ignore next to each medium you want him ignored, and go back to enjoying this great site!

-signed Proud member of the newly formed McCag Gang!

was skrine wearing some hipster hat ?  please tell me that was a hat

kerley looked like a junky

Skrine's hair.  Wow.  And Kerley's not alone with that scraggly-assed look.  Its the beard thing.  Everyone wants to rock a beard and its getting a bit stupid at this point.

1) He had a bit of a falling out with Cutler who they probably wanted to get rid of but couldn't due to a bad contract with him.

2) They pick at #7 this year and getting rid of Marshall would help justify them drafting a WR over a position where they have more need.

3) They wanted to clear out some cap space so that they could make other move to improve the team in free agency and they already have 2 other solid receivers in Jeffery and Bennett (Te)

4) New leadership in the team wanted his own players as opposed to ones he inherited (see Chip Kelly)

I could think of plenty of other reasons however at the end of the day we got Marshall for a 5th round pick and he is clearly the most talented WR we have had on the roster in a long time. How many 5th round picks have we drafted who have been as talented as Marshall? Yes we get it Marshall is getting old and he has been injured, by trading for him we have him on a deal that allows us to dump him without having to lose money on our cap next season in the event that he gets seriously hurt this season, if we got him in free agency (even if it were on a cheaper deal (doubtful)) we would have had to give him guaranteed money probably over three seasons and then if he got hurt we are out $$. Why don't you do yourself a favor and make one of those pro vs con charts and I bet you could figure it out. I wasn't a huge fan of acquiring Marshall before I found out we got him for only a 5th round pick but in hindsight seeing how he has bonded with Geno and knowing that there is literally no risk for the team in having him I have no complaints.

Archived