Fitzpatrick's Familiar Situation Should Have new Feel

AFJF

Cool...I guess the other points I made dont factor into a Win or Loss, so you'll just ignore those.  

lmfao - you're ridiculous.  I'm going to leave you in peace so you can enjoy your daily Fitz masturbation session.  We've arrived to the pointless part of this battle.  

JiF.... we only have 2 options at QB this year, Geno or Fitz. Are you telling me you feel Geno has a better chance to win games with this team than Fitz?

All the stats aside, and your obvious disdain for Fitz as our savior.... who gives this team the best chance to win?

No wrong answer here!

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JiF.... we only have 2 options at QB this year, Geno or Fitz. Are you telling me you feel Geno has a better chance to win games with this team than Fitz?

All the stats aside, and your obvious disdain for Fitz as our savior.... who gives this team the best chance to win?

No wrong answer here!

I think both are terrible options and we're ****ed either way.

That said, I'm not sure who gives the Jets the best chance to win.  We've seen Fitz in Gailey's systems and he's not good.  We've seen Fitz under numerous Head Coaches, different systems, different weapons, etc and he's a career journeymen who's never won more than 6 games in a season and sucks.

So, maybe Geno does.  Who knows?  I'd prefer to see what Geno can do with extra weapons, a beefed up OL, better RB's, etc, under a new HC, OC, etc.  And not see the same old same old with Fitz. 

The only solid argument?  You've literally lost you're ******* marbles over this turd. There's bunch of things this article doesnt factor.  How many times did he score 21 in blow outs, how many times did his play assist the other team in taking the lead (ie; turnover and 3 and outs), how many times was the 21pts a factor of something else on the field and Fitz held them back from scoring more.  In the wins; how many times was it the run game dominating and Fitz sucking, or the defense scoring, or the defense creating numerous turnovers, or special teams scoring and ultimately making the difference, or the other team making fatal mistakes. 

None of this was taken into account.

I agree with a lot of what you're saying Jif, there are tons of factors that go in to the results, but IMO, if the three-and outs and pick 6's were so much worse than your average NFL QB, Fitz wouldn't have lasted in the league for this long IMO.  Stuff happens...every QB has bad games and sometimes bad months and bad seasons.  However, when a guy lasts ten years in the league, all that stuff tends to balance itself out so I just went for the bottom line...how many times did he give his team a chance to win?

I agree with a lot of what you're saying Jif, there are tons of factors that go in to the results, but IMO, if the three-and outs and pick 6's were so much worse than your average NFL QB, Fitz wouldn't have lasted in the league for this long IMO.  Stuff happens...every QB has bad games and sometimes bad months and bad seasons.  However, when a guy lasts ten years in the league, all that stuff tends to balance itself out so I just went for the bottom line...how many times did he give his team a chance to win?

Mark Sanchez is going into his 7th year in the league. Tim Tebow is employed by an NFL team that actually thinks he will make the final roster.  Josh McCown are Matt Cassell have legitimate shots at being starters.  The Texans prefer Brian Hoyer to Ryan Fitzpatrick. Charlie Whitehurst has been in the league since '06.  The Jets started Michael Vick last season.

His tenure in the league is meaningless. 

Mark Sanchez is going into his 7th year in the league. Tim Tebow is employed by an NFL team that actually thinks he will make the final roster.  Josh McCown are Matt Cassell have legitimate shots at being starters.  The Texans prefer Brian Hoyer to Ryan Fitzpatrick. Charlie Whitehurst has been in the league since '06.  The Jets started Michael Vick last season.

His tenure in the league is meaningless. 

I think he does a solid job of putting points on the board and with a top-5 or top-10 defense, that could be a good thing.  If you don't think he'll put any points on the board then you're absolutely entitled to your opinion.

Cool...I guess the other points I made dont factor into a Win or Loss, so you'll just ignore those.  

lmfao - you're ridiculous.  I'm going to leave you in peace so you can enjoy your daily Fitz masturbation session.  We've arrived to the pointless part of this battle.  

You said none of it was taken into account.  Of course it's not, because it would take months to analyze each and every game Fitz has participated in.  The point is that all of the data makes Geno look terrible whereas at least some of the data makes Fitz seem like a decent option and the best one we've got.  We don't have a Peyton on this roster. 

The only solid argument?  You've literally lost you're ******* marbles over this turd. There's bunch of things this article doesnt factor.  How many times did he score 21 in blow outs, how many times did his play assist the other team in taking the lead (ie; turnover and 3 and outs), how many times was the 21pts a factor of something else on the field and Fitz held them back from scoring more.  In the wins; how many times was it the run game dominating and Fitz sucking, or the defense scoring, or the defense creating numerous turnovers, or special teams scoring and ultimately making the difference, or the other team making fatal mistakes. 

None of this was taken into account.

Because I feel there is some validity to the pick-6 claim, I took some of the notes I already had but didn't include in the article and did a little more research.  To avoid spending hours and hours and hours on this, I'm going to focus on Fitz's time with Gailey for two reasons. 

1) It was his most extensive playing time in one system

2) They're reunited now with the Jets

2009:

One pick six in relief with 1:00 to play in a 41-17 loss

2010:

Fitz threw one pick 6: 

His only pick six in 2010 came in the second quarter of a game in which the Bills were already trailing 21-7 against the Bengals.  Johnathan Joseph intercepted a Fitz pass and ran it back to make it 28-7 Bengals.  Following the pick-6, Fitz would go on to throw four touchdowns in a 49-31 Bills victory.

2011: 

Against the Cowboys, Fitz went without an interception through the first three quarters.  By the end of the third quarter, Buffalo was trailing 34-7.  Buffalo starts airing it out and Fitz throws three fourth quarter INT's.  The last one being a pick six with 5:00 remaining in the game and Buffalo trailing 37-7.

Second pick-6 came late in the third quarter against the Chargers with Buffalo trailing 23-10 and the pick-6 made it 30-10.

Third pick six came in week 17 against the Patrioits.  Fitzpatrick and the Bills jump out to a 21-0 lead in the first quarter.  Bills defense allows the next 42 points before Fitz throws a pick-6 with 2:55 left in the game.

2012:

Fitz throws tow pick-6's in 2012, the first of which comes against Antonio Cromartie and the Jets.  Already trailing the Jets 27-7 in the third quarter, Fitz throws a pick-6 to Cro.  Jets score two more TD's after that for 48-28 final.

Trailing the Seattle Seahawks 40-17 late in the third quarter, Fitz throws a pick-6 to Earl Thomas.

In all, seven pick-6's over his 3 1/2 seasons as a starter.

In those games, defense surrendered 24, 24, 37, 30, 42, 41 and 43 points. 

Could you imagine Sanchez/Geno's respective W-L records with those Bills defenses?  Mah gawd.

No need for the "W" in all likelihood..just a tally of running losses.

Good pick-6 info AFJF thx!

Basically in games where his team was trailing big in the second half he took some chances airing balls out & rolling the dice ... I'd prefer my QB to do that over lying down with 3 yard dump off's into the flat

I think he does a solid job of putting points on the board and with a top-5 or top-10 defense, that could be a good thing.  If you don't think he'll put any points on the board then you're absolutely entitled to your opinion.

Never said he couldnt put points on the board. 

Because I feel there is some validity to the pick-6 claim, I took some of the notes I already had but didn't include in the article and did a little more research.  To avoid spending hours and hours and hours on this, I'm going to focus on Fitz's time with Gailey for two reasons. 

1) It was his most extensive playing time in one system

2) They're reunited now with the Jets

2009:

One pick six in relief with 1:00 to play in a 41-17 loss

Never said he couldnt put points on the board. 

Because I feel there is some validity to the pick-6 claim, I took some of the notes I already had but didn't include in the article and did a little more research.  To avoid spending hours and hours and hours on this, I'm going to focus on Fitz's time with Gailey for two%2

"With a cap figure of more than $10 million it’s likely that the club approached Fitzpatrick to see if he would restructure his contract. Obviously the two sides could not come to new terms." BuffaloBills.com March 2013

They wanted to keep him, but he wouldn't budge on renegotiating... I think he was looking to get out of Buffalo.

I'll bet you Fitz starts more games than Geno..... how about a Jets Jersey as a prize??

I won one last season with Arsis, Have a bet with Raiderholic for one this

season.... how about it?

I'm not betting anything on Geno ******* Smith, but that was three teams ago.

• 5 months later...

Yep...short season is better looked at in terms of "how often did this guy give his team a chance to win" IMO.

Even when Fitz had one of his better years in Buffalo, he had a  horrid three-game stretch in which I believe the Bills scored just 26 pointsand another game in which the scored just 10.  That's four clunkers that would kill your overall stats if you just look at the average at the end of the season, but in the other twelve games they scored 41, 38, 34, 20 31, 24, 23, 24, 17, 23, 40, 21.  If the Jets offense did that this season, they could pull out 10-12 wins.  I'd take that.

Somebody asked me a few days ago if I could show where I said this could/should be a 10 win team...just found it by accident.

This was a fun thread.

Bump.

Archived