Other than QB, what position do you view as 2015 Jets biggest question mark?

SouthernJet

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Being ranked 3rd without having a single back break 1000 yards is a good thing. The committee got the job done, and the committee looks to be improved this year. Yes, I would've liked for the Jets to draft a nice pass-catching RB, but they did add two RBs thru other means and -while I get the injury concerns- it's unlikely that the RB position will fall the way the CB position fell last year.

Hard to fault the running game for a lack of TDs when the whole offense was inept. It's not like there were a ton of red zone opportunities that they failed to convert. Five of those league leading fumbles were Michael Vick's, so I'm not sure if that's really an area of concern, either.

Year Team G Att Att/G Yds Avg Yds/G TD Lng 1st 1st% 20+ 40+ FUM 2014 New York Jets 10 26 2.6 153 5.9 15.3 0 24 10 38.5 1 0 2

That is Vicks rushing stats from last season according to nfl.com, 2 rushing fumbles, Geno Smith had 5 rushing fumbles , Ivory had 2 none of the other rushers (including Harvin or Kerley) had a fumble so idk where the 10th came from but you are right 2 rushing fumbles from our running backs is not a bad season stat, 7 rushing fumbles from QBs is not good lol. I like the two running backs they added in the offseason and I think they were smart moves with minimal risk behind them, I just don't like that the three best rushers on our team all have a history of injury as we have been burned like that before (corners last season are a prime example)

How the f can RB be a question mark when we had a top tier running game last years and we've added talent this year?  Please get real.

RB isn't a question mark unless you count the fact that we don't really have a great pass catcher out of the backfield.  Powell is maybe decent I guess.

I don't think that RB is a real question mark, but Johnson is gone and got he played every game and wasn't far behind Ivory in carries. I know that nobody liked him, but there is no guarantee that Ridley and/or Stacy can replace him

I think Ridley sucks and Stacy is mediocre but rb is almost becoming irrelevant in today's nfl. Other than Lynch - who plays Wilson and a great defense - none of the really elite backs play on super bowl contending teams. It's such a passing league now.

RB isn't a question mark unless you count the fact that we don't really have a great pass catcher out of the backfield.  Powell is maybe decent I guess.

agree, a nice pass catching RB would be great and a nice safety valve also

He wasn't good in Seattle why does everyone think this guy will become Larry Allen here? Wilson was running for his life behind this guy.

I'm not assuming anything. All I'm saying is that I hope he reaches the potential that everyone thought he had when he was drafted. If he does, our OL will be a rock

Archived