YJF'S Top 10 Draft Prospects

YJF

I am going to hold off on any mock drafts until April. I want to see what teams do leading up to the draft before I make my predictions.

Here are what I believe are the top 10 players in this years draft. Just my opinion. I realize that it's probably going to be seen as radical but this is how I see it.

I think that this draft has some value but is very thin at the top. Does not compare to last years top players.

TOP 10 2005 NFL DRAFT PROSPECTS

1-Mike Williams-WR-USC

2-Derrick Johnson-OLB-Texas

3-Braylon Edwards-WR-Michigan

4-Ronnie Brown-RB-Auburn

5-Jammal Brown-OT-Oklahoma

6-Antrel Rolle-CB-Miami

7-Cedric Benson-RB-Texas

8-Alex Barron-OT-Florida State

9-Thomas Davis-S/LB-Georgia

10-Mark Clayton-WR-Oklahoma

I'm ready to get blasted here. Go right ahead.

... cadillac, cadillac ...

... i'm actually not too knowledgable about the draft ... bold call not even having 1 qb in the top 10 though ...

l_j_r

I was hoping that my post would spark some debate or interesting discussion. I guess not. This thread will be on page 43 by 8pm tonight.LOL

ljr, I am not high on the two QB's in this draft. Both will be picked in the top 10 maybe even top 5.

I don't see them as franchise QB's. They both have a chance to be good NFL QB's but I don't see them as star players.

Alot of the players on my list will not be drafted in the top 10. These are The 10 players that I like the most and that I feel will be good NFL players at the next level. I'm pretty confident in all 10 of these players being very good pros.

I am going to hold off on any mock drafts until April. I want to see what teams do leading up to the draft before I make my predictions.

Here are what I believe are the top 10 players in this years draft. Just my opinion. I realize that it's probably going to be seen as radical but this is how I see it.

I think that this draft has some value but is very thin at the top. Does not compare to last years top players.

TOP 10 2005 NFL DRAFT PROSPECTS

1-Mike Williams-WR-USC

2-Derrick Johnson-OLB-Texas

3-Braylon Edwards-WR-Michigan

4-Ronnie Brown-RB-Auburn

5-Jammal Brown-OT-Oklahoma

6-Antrel Rolle-CB-Miami

7-Cedric Benson-RB-Texas

8-Alex Barron-OT-Florida State

9-Thomas Davis-S/LB-Georgia

10-Mark Clayton-WR-Oklahoma

I'm ready to get blasted here. Go right ahead.

Only three defenders? Two tackles? Mark Clayton? Bloody hell! You've gone off the meds, haven't you YJF? :lol::lol:

Only three defenders? Two tackles? Mark Clayton? Bloody hell! You've gone off the meds, haven't you YJF? :lol::lol:

LOL

Look at last years top 10 players in comparison. Not in this particular order.

1-Ben Roethlisberger

2-Kellen Winslow

3-Sean Taylor

4-Robert Gallery

5-Eli Manning

6-Phillip Rivers

7-Roy Williams

8-Larry Fitzgerald

9-DeAngelo Hall

10-Dunta Robinson

This years class doesn't compare to that group.There are a ton of other players that I left out from last years draft, that would warrant top 10 consideration in this years draft.

To me, Top 10 players are guys you think that are going to great NFL pros.

There are alot of prospects that I think could be good.

Not that many prospects on that great level in my opinion.

YJF, what's the chance that Johnson falls all the way to #32? :shock:

Well, There's always that chance he can get injured or run into a legal altercation before the draft.

Maybe a drug scare or some new medical concern. Something along those lines.

I think, The Browns are going to take him. Romeo and his staff was scouting him big time at the combine. They need a potential star defensive player in their front 7 desperately. Early projection is that Cleveland takes him.

Well, There's always that chance he can get injured or run into a legal altercation before the draft.

Maybe a drug scare or some new medical concern. Something along those lines.

I think, The Browns are going to take him. Romeo and his staff was scouting him big time at the combine. They need a potential star defensive player in their front 7 desperately. Early projection is that Cleveland takes him.

I agree Romeo grabs him.

They guy will have a great NFL career.

Thank god.

A Top 10 without Injury Proned Broken Down Car Williams.

Thank you.

Your welcome. :lol:

I think Carnell could go top 10. He's one of the top 3 ranked RB's in this draft. I think, He's a tad bit overrated. Could be a boom or bust kind of guy.

I agree Romeo grabs him.

They guy will have a great NFL career.

Agreed.

If you wanna project who The Pats may pick. Just go look at the wonderlic scores. That should give you a good idea.lol

This is the first draft in a long time where I see so many defensive prospects that can play 3-4 and 4-3 positions.

The first round has alot of them from Pollak to Ware to Merriman etc etc etc

So that bodes well for New England. They need to get younger in their back 7 on defense. Check that their back 8 and sometimes back 9 depending on the game day scheme. Pats love tweener players. I think, you guys might draft Marlin Jackson.

LOL

Look at last years top 10 players in comparison. Not in this particular order.

1-Ben Roethlisberger

2-Kellen Winslow

3-Sean Taylor

4-Robert Gallery

5-Eli Manning

6-Phillip Rivers

7-Roy Williams

8-Larry Fitzgerald

9-DeAngelo Hall

10-Dunta Robinson

This years class doesn't compare to that group.There are a ton of other players that I left out from last years draft, that would warrant top 10 consideration in this years draft.

To me, Top 10 players are guys you think that are going to great NFL pros.

There are alot of prospects that I think could be good.

Not that many prospects on that great level in my opinion.

No, you're right... I just figured I'd have a lil fun. This draft doesn't seem all that top heavy, y'know? It's kind of deep, but no one on that elite level, in terms of "Oh you've gotta trade up to get him!"

And, as far as DJ falling to the Browns, that's if Miami doesn't take him. Like in the JN mock, Troll took him. So, I had to go with Mike Williams. Yeah, it was a tough decision :lol: But, I see this draft being very defensive heavy for the Browns. I think, if they don't have a chance to trade down from number 3, and DJ isn't there, I think that's the only time they go offense in the draft. But, who knows? Maybe they take Antrel Rolle.

StormShadow

If I was running an NFL team and I was picking in the top 5 and Derrick Johnson, Mike Williams and Braylon Edwards are gone. I'm trading down.

Alex Barron looked like a guy who would go top 20. After todays workout. He's going top 10. It's a fast surface at FSU but he ran two 4.8's and had a tremendous vertical, He also had 37 inch arm length.

There's no way after that workout that he drops to 26 for The Jets. You can forget about that now.

YJF, what's the chance that Johnson falls all the way to #32? :shock:

Hopefully, the same as Wilfork falling like he did. It would be nice if the rest of the teams made a run at a couple of positions to drop people down to us. 8)

Well, in this mock, we can't trade down... :lol:

But yeah, I'd agree. Hell, I'd consider taking the OT at 10, if I'm the Lions. I wouldn't for the Browns. He'd have no one to protect. But, there's no way the Browns won't get a shot at either Braylon, Mike Williams, or DJ. They have the third pick. But, if Braylon, Williams and DJ are gone by the time the Vikings pick, they might be saddled with a high priced player who busts. I won't be saddened by that.

StormShadow

If I was running an NFL team and I was picking in the top 5 and Derrick Johnson, Mike Williams and Braylon Edwards are gone. I'm trading down.

Alex Barron looked like a guy who would go top 20. After todays workout. He's going top 10. It's a fast surface at FSU but he ran two 4.8's and had a tremendous vertical, He also had 37 inch arm length.

There's no way after that workout that he drops to 26 for The Jets. You can forget about that now.

4.8 :shock::shock:

my god, that is one really big man running a shade under a time that most linebackers run! :shock:

I have said this previously, and I stand behind it, the Jets should trade up for Alex Barron

Your welcome. :lol:

I think Carnell could go top 10. He's one of the top 3 ranked RB's in this draft. I think, He's a tad bit overrated. Could be a boom or bust kind of guy.

Injury Proned Broken Down Cadillac = BUST.

YJF your list is very good - the only name i don't particularly like is Mark Clayton (not big or clutch hands - Reggie Brown is more pro-ready and bigger JMO)

also FWIW i think tomorrow DE Shawne Merriman will make a case to be in everyone's top ten - but we shall see.

nice work bro

Archived