Who's second to Brady in AFC East?

AFJF

Reaffirms my thoughts that you don't hand medium level QBs long term boat load of money contracts, even ones that have actually got some results for you.  (ie flacco)

Unless you are Tannenbaum.  He has ZERO, ZIP, NO ability to evaluate talent so overpaying is relevant.  he doesnt know what he is buying.

Drafts Vlad, NOT cruz, overpays for Sanchez and trades away picks like candy canes.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Flacco is massively overrated, paid like a brady or rogers and has his team at 0-3.  Half his big p-lays over the years have been heave up a 50/50 ball and then watch a tory smith or steve smith or bolden come down with it.  Is he better than what we have?  For sure, is he better than what we have at the cost of 20 million a year or whatever he is making?  nope.  (imo of course)

He's better than that. 0-3 with a defense that is awful.

That said..had we drafted him, he's be a back up somewhere.

Unless you are Tannenbaum.  He has ZERO, ZIP, NO ability to evaluate talent so overpaying is relevant.  he doesnt know what he is buying.

Drafts Vlad, NOT cruz, overpays for Sanchez and trades away picks like candy canes.

drafts Vlad not Cruz?  NO ONE drafted Cruz!  he built teams that made multiple AFC Championship Games but I guess we didn't have talent. 

the one big knock is he likes to trade away picks, that I can agree w/.  everything else I strongly disagree with.

he would have been like Mark here, flashed for a few seasons then as we allowed the talent to diminish around him he would be the fans scapegoat and we'd get rid of him.

Well, he did draft DBrick, Mangold, Revis, Harris, Mo Wilk, Coples and found Harrison - you know, basically the entire nucleus of the Jets. :)

I'm not so sure I buy that story.  If Ozzie was so unwilling to let him go, why did he eventually let him walk for nothing?  Could be true, but I'm skeptical.

He didn't have to draft Cruz he could have signed him as a UDFA but yeah he could have taken him with a late pick also..

Gee why do you think their defense sucks?  Did you look at all the players they had to get rid of because they signed Flacco to that deal?  Flacoo is a better version of Sanchez, looks good as long as he has an unreal defense and competent running game.  Franchise QB's get you past weaknesses in other parts of your teams, see Brady, Rogers and that ilk.   In any case he is better than what we have, I'm just not sure we would be worlds better.

Gee why do you think their defense sucks?  Did you look at all the players they had to get rid of because they signed Flacco to that deal?  Flacoo is a better version of Sanchez, looks good as long as he has an unreal defense and competent running game.  Franchise QB's get you past weaknesses in other parts of your teams, see Brady, Rogers and that ilk.   In any case he is better than what we have, I'm just not sure we would be worlds better.

neither sanchez or Flacco had "unreal" defenses when mark made title games and Flacco won a SB.

we would be a SB favorite if we had Flacco.

Well, he did draft DBrick, Mangold, Revis, Harris, Mo Wilk, Coples and found Harrison - you know, basically the entire nucleus of the Jets. :)

Really.....  even a broken clock is right twice a year.   7 players...  in how many years?

Coples is a 4th round talent as well.  

I think Tanny is at best, a mediocre GM.

Really.....  even a broken clock is right twice a year.   7 players...  in how many years?

he stockpiled enough talent to have us in position to reach multiple SBs for the only time in our history.

does he not get credit for FAs and trades? just bashed on some picks he missed w/?

he stockpiled enough talent to have us in position to reach multiple SBs for the only time in our history.

does he not get credit for FAs and trades? just bashed on some picks he missed w/?

He mortgaged our future and lost. Im fine with the 2009 draft.  Look at  the 2010 draft.

A monkey could do better.

He mortgaged our future and lost. Im fine with the 2009 draft.  Look at  the 2010 draft.

A monkey could do better.

he did a poor job in 2010 w/ the draft, poor job in FA 2011 and 2012 but that doesn't change the fact that he built those teams into contenders. 

So in 2008 who drafted the Ghost Mangini or Tanny..:rolleyes:

I would venture Mangini but im simply stating Tanny has NO track record as an above average GM.

I dont credit him for Favre either...  I credit him for LOSING favre, Cotch etc. 

Teams with great GMs retain players as all things being near equal, they want to stay where the brains are.

Favre was probably like..fukk this place, batty owner, pushover GM, rookie HC coming in.

Note his picks after mangini.....    He was pushed around by his coaches or owner  because HE had no ability to evaluate talent.

It's comical how much credit Mangini gets for our drafts 2006-2008.  why isn't this man working in a front office? 

I would venture Mangini but im simply stating Tanny has NO track record as an above average GM.

I dont credit him for Favre either...  I credit him for LOSING favre, Cotch etc. 

Teams with great GMs retain players as all things being near equal, they want to stay where the brains are.

Favre was probably like..fukk this place, batty owner, pushover GM, rookie HC coming in.

why would he want credit for favre? the Favre move cost us a division title.

again, the man built multiple SB contenders- in our long history we have never been to back to back title games. 

The dumb thing Tanny did was give Favre his release..Everyone knew he wanted to go to the Vikes. Plus he should have listened to Bradway who was begging him for Wilson.. I get a kick out of the people that thought Mangini was a brilliant HC.. Never won a Playoff game and had 2 winning years with Chad and Favre..Other then that in 5 years as a HC with Jets and Browns he was 10-6, 4-12, 9-7, 5-11, 5-11

The dumb thing Tanny did was give Favre his release..Everyone knew he wanted to go to the Vikes. Plus he should have listened to Bradway who was begging him for Wilson.. I get a kick out of the people that thought Mangini was a brilliant HC.. Never won a Playoff game and had 2 winning years with Chad and Favre..Other then that in 5 years as a HC with Jets and Browns he was 10-6, 4-12, 9-7, 5-11, 5-11

Wilson here w/ no weapons isn't Wilson.  he made the right choice at QB, he surrounded him w/ talent for 2 years then began stripping away those weapons.  that was his biggest mistake.

Favre never wanted to be here and played like it, they had a deal where they'd release him after a year so he could go to Minny.  They hoped they could convince him to stay after playing here for a year but he had no interest.  this was a man on the weekend of his home debut that was busy talking to Lions people about preparing for Gb rather than learning his new playbook to try and beat our biggest rival.

agreed...

Meh, I think he drafted pretty well to be honest.  He's got a HOF player on his resume.  That 2009-2010 team was very talented.  I dont think he has a problem with talent, he has a problem with team crippling contracts, mortgaging the future, the shining object and sacrificing character for talent.   So yeah, he sucks.  haha

Wilson here w/ no weapons isn't Wilson.  he made the right choice at QB, he surrounded him w/ talent for 2 years then began stripping away those weapons.  that was his biggest mistake.

Favre never wanted to be here and played like it, they had a deal where they'd release him after a year so he could go to Minny.  They hoped they could convince him to stay after playing here for a year but he had no interest.  this was a man on the weekend of his home debut that was busy talking to Lions people about preparing for Gb rather than learning his new playbook to try and beat our biggest rival.

Showing your eltie QB evaluations as usual.  Favre had this team at 8-3 and rolling towards the division before he got hurt, he went to Minny the next year and was in serious running for MVP.  33 tds, 7 ints, 4200 yards, 68% completion rate and a 107 passer rating.  So instead we opted for your hero mark with his 12 td and 20 int stats and his gaudy 63 rating.

Showing your eltie QB evaluations as usual.  Favre had this team at 8-3 and rolling towards the division before he got hurt, he went to Minny the next year and was in serious running for MVP.  33 tds, 7 ints, 4200 yards, 68% completion rate and a 107 passer rating.  So instead we opted for your hero mark with his 12 td and 20 int stats and his gaudy 63 rating.

So why didn't Mangini replace Favre with his hand picked QB Clemens?? Did he fail to develop him by year 3?? 

Favre had us nowhere, he struggled most of that season and allowed inferior teams to either beat us or almost beat us then he tanked the last month.

He was GREAT in Minny for 2 reasons- a)he wanted to be there and cared and b)he was back in his old system.

Interesting how w/ my hero we made a title game and w/ the great Favre we couldn't make the playoffs w/ weaker sched and no Brady?

So why didn't Mangini replace Favre with his hand picked QB Clemens?? Did he fail to develop him by year 3?? 

Favre didn't tell the team the extent of the injury if I recall.  Clemens was already ruined by that time.  Mangini and sutton deserve a huge part of the blame for that season tanking because they lost their nerve on defense and suddenly we became a 3 man rush zone team.

As an aside, Clemens 5/6, 63 yards and a td last week.  I'm glad he carved out a long term existence as a back up.  He never really had a chance with us, Adrien Clarke and Anthony Clement on the oline, our #1 Wr Justin Mcraphands.

Favre had us rolling:

week 1, we won on a hail mary pass play on a 4th down.

week 2- O put up 10 pts, was outdueled by Cassell in his first career start.

week 3 at SD- INT return for TD to give us 7-0 lead early. trailing 10-7 throws his own pick 6 and we are down 17-7. Leon Washington returns KO to SD 5 and we score TD to cut it to 17-14.  next thing you know it's 38-14 but he was awesome adding 15 garbage time points in the loss.

week 4 vs. Ari- great game.  6 TDs which skewed his #s for the year but Ari in 3 games in the NE that season allowed an average of 50 PPG.

vs. Cin who was awful- fumbles to give Cincy 7-0 lead, yp 17-14 and 20-14 throws INTs but Cincy is inept and we win

at Oak and Jamarcus Russell outduels him.  can only lead us to 13 pts in 5 qtrs. including throwing an INT in the Oak EZ in the loss.

vs. KC and Tyler Thigpen: leading 21-17 throws IBNT for Td in the 4th to give awful KCV team lead.  we wound up winning though.  great job Brett!

where he did play well was at Buf through at ten but other than that and the Ari game he was terrible that season and prevented us from winning a rare div title as we watched former 1-15 Miami take our QB and go 11-5 and win it.

Favre didn't tell the team the extent of the injury if I recall.  Clemens was already ruined by that time.  Mangini and sutton deserve a huge part of the blame for that season tanking because they lost their nerve on defense and suddenly we became a 3 man rush zone team.

As an aside, Clemens 5/6, 63 yards and a td last week.  I'm glad he carved out a long term existence as a back up.  He never really had a chance with us, Adrien Clarke and Anthony Clement on the oline, our #1 Wr Justin Mcraphands.

Without Rex being there?? Impossible...LOL

Archived