Who's second to Brady in AFC East?

AFJF

I think the consensus was Tannehill a few weeks ago.  After three games, it's looking like Tyrod Taylor.  Still plenty of football left though.

Tannehill: 61.4% comp pct.  882 5 TD's, 3 INT's

Taylor: 74.4% comp pct, 714 yds, 7 TD's 3INT's

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reaffirms my thoughts that you don't hand medium level QBs long term boat load of money contracts, even ones that have actually got some results for you.  (ie flacco)

I know, but it's a tough spot to be in.  If you have Tannehill, and you look at what the Jets have had for the past decade, you pull the trigger to avoid being in the abyss for the next ten years.  So damn hard to find  a QB it's ridiculous.

I know, but it's a tough spot to be in.  If you have Tannehill, and you look at what the Jets have had for the past decade, you pull the trigger to avoid being in the abyss for the next ten years.  So damn hard to find  a QB it's ridiculous.

I wouldn't do it, and the fans would hate me and I'd get fired, it would still be the right thing to do.  If you find a truly franchise guy who has had success you pay him.  But you still have to actually look hard at these QB's and ask if they are the driving force of your team or not.  It's hard for a team like the Jets for sure but we had our own little play at this with Sanchez. 

Remember how many laughed at the bumbling idiot for making Tyrod the QB over Cassell and Manuel??:P

Apparently the bumbling idiot tried trading for him multiple times when he was here but Ozzie wouldnt budge. 

I think Greg Roman just runs a really nice, QB friendly system.  

The Bills are averaging 30pts a game and Tyrod Taylor looks like a beast. 

I'd say Taylor.

Doesnt matter though, the Pats are going undefeated. 

Maybe Rex wasnt such a moron for picking the Bills over the Falcons. Rex was the only guy on the planet high on Taylor. Based on where Taylor is coming from and how he made his mark I have to agree, he's looking like a beast. 

Jets "Football luck" at this point is just the worst. lol.

Apparently the bumbling idiot tried trading for him multiple times when he was here but Ozzie wouldnt budge. 

I think Greg Roman just runs a really nice, QB friendly system.  

I'm not so sure I buy that story.  If Ozzie was so unwilling to let him go, why did he eventually let him walk for nothing?  Could be true, but I'm skeptical.

Yep he was 6th on the top 10 rated OC's in the league..

I heard Jaws talking about him the other day and said he's running the exact same offense he did with Kaep in SF because of Taylor's mobility.  Worked alright for a little bit out there.

Maybe Rex wasnt such a moron for picking the Bills over the Falcons. Rex was the only guy on the planet high on Taylor. Based on where Taylor is coming from and how he made his mark I have to agree, he's looking like a beast. 

Stop it please. Dont even go there.

Come'on Bryce Petty!!!! Chance the luck!!!  haha

I'm not so sure I buy that story.  If Ozzie was so unwilling to let him go, why did he eventually let him walk for nothing?  Could be true, but I'm skeptical.

Maybe his price on Taylor was too high than teams were wiling to give.  Who knows.  Rex doesnt seem like the type to lie, especially publicly lie about something that can easily be confirmed.

Yep he was 6th on the top 10 rated OC's in the league..

Interesting that there are 6 more out there...he basically saved Alex Smith's career and clearly propped up a pretty bad QB in Kaepernick and now has the 3rd highest scoring offense with Tyrod Taylor (#1 rushing too).   He's got a great feel for the game and what his teams should be able to do vs. opposing D's and so far, they've executed. 

Come'on Bryce Petty!!!! Chance the luck!!!  haha

Maybe his price on Taylor was too high than teams were wiling to give.  Who knows.  Rex doesnt seem like the type to lie, especially publicly lie about something that can easily be confirmed.

Interesting that there are 6 more out there...he basically saved Alex Smith's career and clearly propped up a pretty bad QB in Kaepernick and now has the 3rd highest scoring offense with Tyrod Taylor (#1 rushing too).   He's got a great feel for the game and what his teams should be able to do vs. opposing D's and so far, they've executed. 

That's the one thing that makes me think it's true...Ozzie could easily come out and call BS. 

I just don't want it to be true in the event Taylor turns out to be the real deal, knowing the Jets tried to get him.

I think the consensus was Tannehill a few weeks ago.  After three games, it's looking like Tyrod Taylor.  Still plenty of football left though.

Tannehill: 61.4% comp pct.  882 5 TD's, 3 INT's

Taylor: 74.4% comp pct, 714 yds, 7 TD's 3INT's

Tannehill has been sh*t. He stunk it up in Washington and couldn't hold on to a lead against the Jags, the same Jags that Pats tore apart. He threw for like 200 yards in the 4th quarter yesterday for 2 TDs while down 27-0. He's had one good game in three wks, that too in a loss. Taylor is clearly better than Tannehill.

Reaffirms my thoughts that you don't hand medium level QBs long term boat load of money contracts, even ones that have actually got some results for you.  (ie flacco)

I'd take Flacco In a NY minute & do backflips all the way home to j*rk it with a nice piece of FieldTurf!

I'd take Flacco In a NY minute & do backflips all the way home to j*rk it with a nice piece of FieldTurf!

Flacco is massively overrated, paid like a brady or rogers and has his team at 0-3.  Half his big p-lays over the years have been heave up a 50/50 ball and then watch a tory smith or steve smith or bolden come down with it.  Is he better than what we have?  For sure, is he better than what we have at the cost of 20 million a year or whatever he is making?  nope.  (imo of course)

Flacco is massively overrated, paid like a brady or rogers and has his team at 0-3.  Half his big p-lays over the years have been heave up a 50/50 ball and then watch a tory smith or steve smith or bolden come down with it.  Is he better than what we have?  For sure, is he better than what we have at the cost of 20 million a year or whatever he is making?  nope.  (imo of course)

he's not Brady, he's not Rodgers but that's not a knock on Joe.  No one is Brady or Rodgers except Brady and Rodgers.  Flacco is still a top 10 QB that has missed postseason ONCE in his entire career.

Archived