The most dangerous team in the NFL...

Villain The Foe

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

knowshon moreno, edgerrin james, joseph addai, even CJ Anderson from last year. Do you not watch football?

Well a good passing game would help the running game would it not?? James had some 1,000+ seasons with a bad Card team and injuries did in Moreno and Addai ..

Well a good passing game would help the running game would it not?? James had some 1,000+ seasons with a bad Card team and injuries did in Moreno and Addai ..

that was my point! That manning doesn't necessarily need a great talent at RB to have a productive running game. That's why I'm saying don't write off the Broncos offense yet

my point is that you were only able to cherry pick 2 seasons out of manning's 15 years where the running game wasn't good is my point. Nice try though Sherlock 

I didn't cherry pick anything, you said these backs were made by Peyton.  I showed you that was incorrect.

that was my point! That manning doesn't necessarily need a great talent at RB to have a productive running game. That's why I'm saying don't write off the Broncos offense yet

what does he need to thrive in January?  we know how great he has been in the reg season but what about January when it really matters?

Meh, the Cardinals are beating up on the dregs of the NFL.   Saints, Rams, 49'ers, Lions - literally the worst of the worst (except the Jags).  And they lost to the only decent team they played in the Rams.

It's the Patriots.  No question about it.  They're unstoppable right now.

That Denver D though.  Scary as hell.  That pass rush is fierce.  So is the Pack.

So go figure; its Rodgers, Brady and Manning's team.  

Parody in the NFL though...

what does he need to thrive in January?  we know how great he has been in the reg season but what about January when it really matters?

I don't even know what you're talking about now. The Broncos are 5-0 with the top defense in the league and you're worried about January? I see a team that is still adjusting to a new offense so I'd assume they would be doing better by then 

I don't even know what you're talking about now. The Broncos are 5-0 with the top defense in the league and you're worried about January? I see a team that is still adjusting to a new offense so I'd assume they would be doing better by then 

you told me how he makes those around him better, why doesn't it continue into January?  what peyton does Sept-Dec is meaningless, it's all about what happens in jan/feb where he usually disappears.

you told me how he makes those around him better, why doesn't it continue into January?  what peyton does Sept-Dec is meaningless, it's all about what happens in jan/feb where he usually disappears.

Manning could play like an average QB with this defense and they could still win it all. It looks to me like they wanted this team designed to be able to win without manning (which is probably coming soon)

Meh, the Cardinals are beating up on the dregs of the NFL.   Saints, Rams, 49'ers, Lions - literally the worst of the worst (except the Jags).  And they lost to the only decent team they played in the Rams.

Their opponents have a combined record of 6-19. Bit early to crown them.

That said, they are definitely better than they were last year. Massively improved in converting red zone opportunities, they usually score whenever they get close. A significantly better run game too; Ellington was averaging 3.3 ypc last year, now they have Chris Johnson going at 5.1. Hard to believe that this is the same CJ2ypc that played for us last season.

I can't see anybody beating the Packers though. Packers won't lose if they get home-field in the playoffs

Manning could play like an average QB with this defense and they could still win it all. It looks to me like they wanted this team designed to be able to win without manning (which is probably coming soon)

we'll see, he's had plenty of D's capable of winning with and he always comes up small when it matters most.  even great Ds need plays to be made.  how they are winning now will be difficult to do in January.

That said, they are definitely better than they were last year. Massively improved in converting red zone opportunities, they usually score whenever they get close. A significantly better run game too; Ellington was averaging 3.3 ypc last year, now they have Chris Johnson going at 5.1. Hard to believe that this is the same CJ2ypc that played for us last season.

I can't see anybody beating the Packers though. Packers won't lose if they get home-field in the playoffs

Palmer is healthy...that's the difference. 

They lost to the 10-6 and 9-7 Giants at home in the playoffs 2007 and 2011.. But this year may be different..

I didn't include Faulk, but okay since you brought it up how did Moreno, James and addai do once they left a manning offense? In 2001 when James got injured backup RB Dominic Rhodes was able to step in and the running game didn't skip a beat (4.7 ypc). If you insist the Denver OL was responsible for the running game success last year then I'm sure you also noticed that it took about 8 games for that OL to start really playing well

Didn't James go to Arizona and play decent on a sh*t team for a while? Addai, I thought his career ended via injuries. Moreno looked excellent in Miami, but injuries.

Dominic Rhodes is the only good example you have.

You can't make the argument that Peyton has a history of "making great RBs" when 90% of the RBs he's played with were first round picks. That's ridiculous.

You sound insecure. Cause at no point did i ever mentioned anything in this thread about the pats. My post had nothing to do with the pats more to do with (as i said) it's too early to be considering ANY TEAM MOST dangerous, including the patriots.

yea, thank you!

PS:

and for the sake of your patriots comment. They met the giants for the 2nd time in the SB with a sh*tty defense. Still I wouldn't consider any team Most dangerous yet.

I'm insecure... yet you are going to lengths to clarify and claim. 

You're a joke.

They lost to the 10-6 and 9-7 Giants at home in the playoffs 2007 and 2011.. But this year may be different..

This sounds really stupid, but maybe a team like Carolina could upset them. They can run the ball well enough to kill clock, keep Rodgers on the sideline, and Newton is playing really well this year. They play great defense too.

This sounds really stupid, but maybe a team like Carolina could upset them. They can run the ball well enough to kill clock, keep Rodgers on the sideline, and Newton is playing really well this year. They play great defense too.

And given day any team can upset another that's not a stupid idea.. Hey in 2010 the year the Packers won the Bowl we held Rogers to just 3 fg's and lost 9-0..LOL

And given day any team can upset another that's not a stupid idea.. Hey in 2010 the year the Packers won the Bowl we held Rogers to just 3 fg's and lost 9-0..LOL

2 of those FGs set up by bogus INts where our receivers were down and then the defenders ripped the ball out.  that was also a windy day, neither O was good.

2 of those FGs set up by bogus INts where our receivers were down and then the defenders ripped the ball out.  that was also a windy day, neither O was good.

Absolutly correct we also led in TOP 3 rd down conversions,passing yds and rushing yds just not in points..:(

Its still very early in the season, a lot of things can happen with injuries.

Right now, it doesnt take a genius to say that the Patriots and the Packers are the cream of the top.  Scary, versatile offenses that don't really have a weakness, two HOF qbs playing lights out, highly underrated defenses that are both in the top 10 in the league in points allowed.  The Pats have one of the best special teams units in the game, and the Pack have a scary pass rush that looks like it can knock other teams qbs out.

Denver is less scary given how bad Peyton looks, and Arizona has a tendency to fold when up against a hard team.  I don't trust Cinci.

Ultimately, Seattle will probably go on a run, im not counting them out, even though that Oline is just a disaster.

Didn't James go to Arizona and play decent on a sh*t team for a while? Addai, I thought his career ended via injuries. Moreno looked excellent in Miami, but injuries.

Dominic Rhodes is the only good example you have.

You can't make the argument that Peyton has a history of "making great RBs" when 90% of the RBs he's played with were first round picks. That's ridiculous.

just because you're a first round pick it doesn't make you a good player-- just look at Trent Richardson for example... James actually had a decently long career but his efficiency dropped in AZ. You could argue it was because of age but it's likely it was both 

just because you're a first round pick it doesn't make you a good player-- just look at Trent Richardson for example... James actually had a decently long career but his efficiency dropped in AZ. You could argue it was because of age but it's likely it was both 

Richardson is a perfect example, even w/ one of the top QBs in the game commanding the attention of defenses he still was a bust.  Peyton didn't make Edge or any of those players.  did he help them play better? sure and they helped him play better too.  It always makes me laugh how people always talk about Peyton making this guy and that guy in order to pretend like he hasn't had elite weapons his entire career.

YPC wise yes, but in this case misleading. His production over 2 seasons without manning was 474 yards and 1 TD combined 

he only played one season w/o Manning.  you can point to only 70 carries w/ his 4 YPC but 2 years earlier w/ Manning and 40 carries he had a 3 YPC.

Richardson is a perfect example, even w/ one of the top QBs in the game commanding the attention of defenses he still was a bust.  Peyton didn't make Edge or any of those players.  did he help them play better? sure and they helped him play better too.  It always makes me laugh how people always talk about Peyton making this guy and that guy in order to pretend like he hasn't had elite weapons his entire career.

that's fair, but just for the sake of this debate if you consider James elite (Faulk is obviously) -- what other elite RB has he has to work with? He's had some decent players but nobody in that tier since 2005 yet the production is fairly consistent 

he only played one season w/o Manning.  you can point to only 70 carries w/ his 4 YPC but 2 years earlier w/ Manning and 40 carries he had a 3 YPC.

small sample size and change of pace/3rd down backs often have higher YPC since they are used more on passing downs

that's fair, but just for the sake of this debate if you consider James elite (Faulk is obviously) -- what other elite RB has he has to work with? He's had some decent players but nobody in that tier since 2005 yet the production is fairly consistent 

I wouldn't consider any others elite but they had some quality backs.  they were built to win behind Peyton's arm and they always had a ridiculous amount of skill players for him to throw to.  when has Brady had elite RBs? MAYBE Corey Dillon for a year or 2?

I wouldn't consider any others elite but they had some quality backs.  they were built to win behind Peyton's arm and they always had a ridiculous amount of skill players for him to throw to.  when has Brady had elite RBs? MAYBE Corey Dillon for a year or 2?

Brady has the same kind of effect in the running game, although belichick is notoriously fickle with rotating his backs 

His efficiency did not really drop there. In his first 2 years he put up two 1200 yard seasons, then he hit the wall... when he got close to 30.

First round RBs rarely bust. Picking out the anomaly doesn't bolster your point. 

You're statement that Peyton "made" all those highly-touted first round RBs he played with has no merit.

Archived