Point differential in wins

JOJOTOWNSELL

After 4 straight years finishing deep in the negative in net points, how can anyone be anything but ecstatic about how the first 5 games of the Macc/Bowles regime have gone?  This is awesome.

I'm fully confident heading into Foxboro.  Don't care how good the Pats have been or that some people seem to want to use the "we haven't played anyone" card.  I believe that Sheldon played enough snaps last week to shake off the rust, and we're ready to take this division away from New England.  Someone tell me I'm wrong.

I'm fully confident heading into Foxboro.  Don't care how good the Pats have been or that some people seem to want to use the "we haven't played anyone" card.  I believe that Sheldon played enough snaps last week to shake off the rust, and we're ready to take this division away from New England.  Someone tell me I'm wrong

The x factor is the patriots' rampant institutionalized cheating, which never stopped and is even more magnified at home. The Jets will cover the 9 points. Winning? I don't know if I'd put money on that. 

After 4 straight years finishing deep in the negative in net points, how can anyone be anything but ecstatic about how the first 5 games of the Macc/Bowles regime have gone?  This is awesome.

I'm fully confident heading into Foxboro.  Don't care how good the Pats have been or that some people seem to want to use the "we haven't played anyone" card.  I believe that Sheldon played enough snaps last week to shake off the rust, and we're ready to take this division away from New England.  Someone tell me I'm wrong.

You're wrong.

In the long run as in the period of a season point differential is relevant imo.  If you look back on the 2nd last year of Rex with Idzik giving his locker room rex will be back spech, the 8-8 year.  Oh great we are a 500 team!  But the jets won two games in last second fashion due to terrible mistakes by the other team and got blown out in most of their losses.  They were -97 in point differential that year. 

You are wrong.

Just not happening in Foxboro.  They bring home advantage to a whole new level. 

F*ck their advantage.  If Skrine gives it a go we've got this.  If he doesn't go McDougle has got this.  And CrazyCarl will be left in his padded cell telling anyone who listens about how Darrin Walls just needs to get his shot.

Sunday's game is a good example of past results not guaranteeing future performance. The cheaters will be the first team we've played that has a legitimate probability at a playoff spot. Sure, the Colts will likely be the default winner of their division and while we shouldn't discredit that win nobody should seriously talk about the 3-3 Colts in the same discussion as the cheaters, Bengals, Broncos, Steelers or us. This is the first time we'll face a team that could be a legitimate barrier to the Super Bowl this year. The Colts and Browns are not bad teams this year but nobody is seriously considering what these teams will be like the first week of February. This will be the first game that challenges our biggest flaws--even more than the Eagles game--we should not walk around thinking this game is in the bag or that a loss means Bowles is not the guy.

Sunday's game is a good example of past results not guaranteeing future performance. The cheaters will be the first team we've played that has a legitimate probability at a playoff spot. Sure, the Colts will likely be the default winner of their division and while we shouldn't discredit that win nobody should seriously talk about the 3-3 Colts in the same discussion as the cheaters, Bengals, Broncos, Steelers or us. This is the first time we'll face a team that could be a legitimate barrier to the Super Bowl this year. The Colts and Browns are not bad teams this year but nobody is seriously considering what these teams will be like the first week of February. This will be the first game that challenges our biggest flaws--even more than the Eagles game--we should not walk around thinking this game is in the bag or that a loss means Bowles is not the guy.

is there anyone who thinks this game is in the bag?  I am hopeful we can win but NE rarely loses at home and it's never wise to bet against Brady.  we will have a chance if we play our A game.

Archived