Deep thoughts

Jetster

We missed Bilal Powell when he was out with that ankle! Probably would have put us over the top in New England when Ivory got tweaked. I've said many times he reminds me of Kevin Faulk, actually he's better than Kevin Faulk at this point.

Why is Chan Gailey using Ridley? I do not get it. His rushing numbers must be like 14 for minus 8. Plus Gailey had the audacity to hand it to him on 1st & 2nd down in one series for -1? WTF? It's maddening & has to stop. 

Brandon Marshall was coasting in the 1st quarter. That ball right on his hands was an embarrassing drop for a player of his stature & Decker almost got killed as a consolation. I honestly think BM thought they just needed to show up. He came up big in the 2nd half.

Our tackles were HORRENDOUS last night, OMG! They were a step slow on everything, letting guys just crash down & hitting Ivory 3/4 yards behind the line. (Ivory should have given them a piece of his mind).

Honestly looked like the refs were trying to help Dallas along! Cost us 3 points on an absolutely ridiculous call on the "shift", the horse collar was complete BS & was a huge quick momentum changer the fired up the Cowboys. Hell the 1st Marshall catch & drop the CB was tackling him before the ball even arrived. Then you had the Breno holding call on a big play that they didn't even show a replay? 

Todd, please stop leaving points on the field! 1st quarter, on the road, kick the f*cking FG! Stop giving momentum to the opponent. Reminded me of the Buffalo game. He kicks that FG, no missed FG or extra point & Jets cruise to easy 7-10 point win. That game was much harder than it had to be.

Riddle me this, how the hell do we keep allowing receptions on 2 seconds throws when we blitz? That's the difference between a team like Carolina (Davis & Keuckly) and us, (no cover LBs). 

Most embarrassing moment of the game? 1st & 25 vs a QB playing in his FIRST GAME and we give it up! WTF! I'm sorry but you can't even BEGIN to call yourselves a great defense & do that. It all started with Henderson passing up Witten & leaving him WIDE OPEN? Let's see, stop Dez & Witten & force them to go elsewhere, right? Young QB, TE is QBs friend, STAY ON WITTEN! Sorry for the excessive rant but that series pissed me off to no end.

Where was the pass rush? Run defense? I'll just say this, Dallas even though they're record sucks DOES HAVE one of the best Olines in football. Everyone knows if Romo didn't get hurt Cowboys win NFC east. They pushed us around a little bit. Pats & Bills Olines are not nearly as good. Harris getting hurt, changed things a lot. We're just so thin at LB, not a good place to be against a good Oline. Give them some credit, they were creating some lanes & they are especially good at sealing the edges (Demarco Murray lived out there last year).

But, with all that said we won a game with everything going against us. Huge penalties nullifying huge gains, bad calls taking points off the board. Never apologize for winning. Look at the cheap wins KC has been stacking! 

We take the sloppy road win and get the hell out of there. It's a lot easier stomach knowing that they'll review the slop from the vantage point of a win rather than a loss. Learn from it and on to the NE game.

Dallas' defense is better than their stats indicate and deserve props. They're on the field far to often to have gaudy yardage stats, but they are tough as nails. Also prone to brain farts as we saw on the big play to Tompkins. Their Oline is good too.

I was there, it was fun.

Dallas fans, super nice, super cool.

Tackling was real bad.

That last int of the game, we got LUCKY.  Witten shook coverage, and was totally alone at the 50.  Like, really, really alone.   Moore sees him, he is close to FG range, and they had enough time to clock it.

Jets bite so hard on any mis-direction.

Decker is really tough.  That shot he took was huge, even Dallas fans were like, "Damn"

Our tackles were HORRENDOUS last night, OMG! They were a step slow on everything, letting guys just crash down & hitting Ivory 3/4 yards behind the line. (Ivory should have given them a piece of his mind).

The Dallas DL is small but very quick.  When you are playing someone quicker than you, it makes you look slow; but yes, we need to improve the OL over the next few years.

Archived