Steeler's LB puts price on Jets heads

32EBoozer

Talk about a Sensationalized Thread Title!:tongue2: Happy New Year Boys!!

PITTSBURGH -- Steelers linebacker Vince Williams doesn't get his little brother, Bills rookie running back Karlos Williams, many extravagant gifts. Karlos, after all, was drafted one round higher than Williams, who went in the sixth round in 2013. He should be buying his older brother gifts.

But Williams said he'd get his brother a little something if Williams goes off against the Jets to secure a Bills win, which the Steelers need in the worst way. The Jets can secure the final AFC Wild Card spot by winning in Buffalo.

Williams could do it, too. He's gone for 493 yards and six touchdowns on 87 carries as LeSean McCoy’s primary backup.

"I was like, 'Man, look, we're trying to go to the Super Bowl, bro," Vince told the Beaver County Times. I told him I'd get him a ticket. I told him, 'You could go to the Super Bowl. It's not like ya'll are going to be going."

The Steelers fully believe they can reach the Super Bowl if they can just find a way in. They've tried not to wallow in the Baltimore loss, but guard David DeCastro said this whole week has been one big "sick feeling."

The Williams brothers spoke for about an hour this week, like they always do. The two are close, sharing a room their whole life while growing up in Davenport, Fla. They talked about the 'ironic' playoff setup, said Vince, who knows Karlos doesn't need additional motivation.

"I just think they want to win for them," Vince later told a group of reporters about the Bills.

Archived