MacCags Interview - 1/14/16 D.Lagreca Show ESPN

Gas2No99

Another interview w/the Jets GM. I hate Michael Kay - pompous loudmouth - so I call it the Don LaGreca Afternoon Rant Show 

24 minutes long. Enjoy.

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/newyork/play?id=14571738

Thanks for that!

How is it that I can get so excited for next season listening to him speak? Especially when the current playoffs--that we missed--aren't even over yet?

I'm really anticipating getting Amaro and Sudfeld back from injury--I even forgot about Sudfeld, but I remember when that happened; I think it was Pryor who hit him during TC. If we can get some decent production out of just either one of those guys, it could really complete our offense. I was really down after that final loss, but I think there is a lot to look forward to with this regime and some of the players that we have. My inner fan has never bounced back so quickly after a season.

Thanks for that!

How is it that I can get so excited for next season listening to him speak? Especially when the current playoffs--that we missed--aren't even over yet?

I'm really anticipating getting Amaro and Sudfeld back from injury--I even forgot about Sudfeld, but I remember when that happened; I think it was Pryor who hit him during TC. If we can get some decent production out of just either one of those guys, it could really complete our offense. I was really down after that final loss, but I think there is a lot to look forward to with this regime and some of the players that we have. My inner fan has never bounced back so quickly after a season.

Speaking of Sudfeld, his brother should be a 6th or 7th round pick in the draft as a QB with some upside.  (Mostly his size, and strong arm).  He will play in the Shrine game this Saturday.  Would be cool if the Jets  got him in the 7th to replace smith

Speaking of Sudfeld, his brother should be a 6th or 7th round pick in the draft as a QB with some upside.  (Mostly his size, and strong arm).  He will play in the Shrine game this Saturday.  Would be cool if the Jets  got him in the 7th to replace smith

"Sudfeld to Sudfeld TD!" would be great to hear.

I gotta watch that game then, thanks for the heads up.

It would be cool.  That's why I mentioned it.   Nate is like 6'7"  240.   Big family .

Also read today that Macc, and almost the entire scouting staff is there

It would be cool.  That's why I mentioned it.   Nate is like 6'7"  240.   Big family .

Nice. Would love to have a big QB like that to develop.

Also read today that Macc, and almost the entire scouting staff is there

Interesting...

The Irishman is on the case!

Nice. Would love to have a big QB like that to develop.

Interesting...

The Irishman is on the case!

Actually Spoot the Shrine game is one of my favorite pre draft games to watch, and always record it.  It doesn't have the big name 1's and 2's the Senior bowl has, but it's expected 100 mid round picks will come out of this game.

Lot of small school guys with a lot of talent.

Fun game to watch

Actually Spoot the Shrine game is one of my favorite pre draft games to watch, and always record it.  It doesn't have the big name 1's and 2's the Senior bowl has, but it's expected 100 mid round picks will come out of this game.

Lot of small school guys with a lot of talent.

Fun game to watch

Yeah, I don't watch much college, as it's hard for me to get into it, but I want to try--if at least just to know a bit more about the players coming into the draft. I did watch the Championship game with Alabama and... I can't even remember who. I can't even remember who won, I'm terrible. I remember there was a RB that I really liked--practically carried the team, if my evaluation is correct. I'll definitely try and give the Shrine game a go--if I remember. Thanks for the tip!

Thanks. Kay or Francesca.  Tough choice to pick who you hate more. I'd go with hating Kay more because of his incessant azz kissing of the Skanks.  

Kay doesn't interrupt and talk over his guests and callers the way Francessa does.  Francessa has to be the rudest, most impolite, arrogant. know-it-all, and uncivil call-in host on all of talk radio.  He is an a-hole to most of his callers, and whether the callers deserve it or not is not the issue.  

What stuck out to me during mccags media tour last week was just his knowledge of the league.  We knew when we hired this guy he was a scout and real talent evaluator not a cap/money guy like we've had in the past.  But to hear him talk about other teams around the league you can tell he's a real football fan.  What that means?  Only time will tell but with past regimes it seems like the Jets were viewed at in more of a bubble with little concern or understanding as to what was going on around the league.  

Kay doesn't interrupt and talk over his guests and callers the way Francessa does.  Francessa has to be the rudest, most impolite, arrogant. know-it-all, and uncivil call-in host on all of talk radio.  He is an a-hole to most of his callers, and whether the callers deserve it or not is not the issue.  

Listen listen listen listen no no no you don't know what you're talking about no no. Kay is worse cmon. Get outta here. What's this guy talkin about.   

From today's Shrine practice.       

Tony Pauline ‏@TonyPauline 2h2 hours ago
Nate Sudfeld/QB/Indiana on the money 8n the early going. Throwing strikes down the field and with his outs. Flame thrower.

Sudfeld just threaded the needle for a terrific reception to Geronimo Allison/Illinois

Highlight of the day at Shrine Game: QB Nate Sudfeld is a sight to see. Big, strong, zips passes everywhere.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-ambnZa2PTOs/TchBMgpLD9I/AAAAAAAAGbE/t8zUlp7207c/s1600/mike%2Bfrancesa.png

From today's Shrine practice.       

Tony Pauline ‏@TonyPauline 2h2 hours ago
Nate Sudfeld/QB/Indiana on the money 8n the early going. Throwing strikes down the field and with his outs. Flame thrower.

Sudfeld just threaded the needle for a terrific reception to Geronimo Allison/Illinois

Highlight of the day at Shrine Game: QB Nate Sudfeld is a sight to see. Big, strong, zips passes everywhere.

Sounds sexy. ;)

I would definitely not mind having him be our 3rd QB and just letting Petty backup Fitz. In a perfect world, though, I'd still like to keep Geno as the backup, in case Petty isn't ready for real-time action; and we've heard how much Macc mentions it's important to be able to sit and develop a QB. I don't think the CS wants to put Petty out there before he's ready, but I'm not sure If we'd be able to stash either Petty or Sudfeld on the PS, and I doubt they'd carry 4 QBs. But, risking putting a young QB out there too soon in case of an emergency (Fitz going down) may be a risk worth taking if to have the chance of having 2 young QBs with upside on the roster for the future.

The future of this team is certainly exciting, and I've never felt so much anticipation after a failed season.

Archived