Report: Raiders Interested in Wilkerson

JetNation

1 minute ago, SenorGato said:

It isn't the least bit surprising that what you take out of this is "Wilkerson secretly sucks, I'm using pure undulerated science" instead of asking yourself whether you might be overrating the sack. 

I think Mo is a excellent player and hope he can be retained for a reasonable contract but not one that will lose the team other players that are also needed to succeed.. I think team first and don't fall in love with one player..:wub: Not that there's anything wrong with that..LOL

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Savage69 said:

I think Mo is a excellent player and hope he can be retained for a reasonable contract but not one that will lose the team other players that are also needed to succeed.. I think team first and don't fall in love with one player..:wub: Not that there's anything wrong with that..LOL

Your "team-first" approach is to give a Nose Tackle big money when run-stopping isn't important, and hand Wilkerson's money to Richardson so he can spend it all on blow and hookers.

:wub::wub::wub:

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Your "team-first" approach is to give a Nose Tackle big money when run-stopping isn't important, and hand Wilkerson's money to Richardson so he can spend it all on blow and hookers.

Show me a post where I said Snacks should get big Money?? I think around 5 should be the limit.. Are you getting acid flashbacks by any chance?? Sheldon isn't a thought at this point he's under contract Mo isn't unless they franchise him come March.. Sheldon to me is a wait and see player if he gets on the straight and narrow and keeps out of trouble.. But trading him at this point isn't going to get you much back considering his recent problems.. Where did you get blow and hookers from are you confusing him with LT??:blink:

19 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

In his first 2 years starting 31 games Mo had 8 sacks and 71 tackles..Coples who sucks starting just 15 games had 10 sacks and 46 tackles in his first 2 years.. When Mo and Snacks were added in 2013 Mo played much better.. As bad a you think Sheldon is he did make ROTY the great Mo didn't..

So who made Klecko?  Gastineau?  

Mo never has had the help that Gastineau brought to that DL

Or was it the other way around? 

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

So who made Klecko?  Gastineau?  

Mo never has had the help that Gastineau brought to that DL

Or was it the other way around? 

No doubt Mark made playing much easier for Joe just like the addition of Sheldon and Snacks made things easier for Mo..

3 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

No doubt Mark made playing much easier for Joe just like the addition of Sheldon and Snacks made things easier for Mo..

Those two combined never rang up 20+ sacks that Gastineau provided.  Never had to be accounted for in the game plan like Mark.  And I loved Joe.  

8 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Those two combined never rang up 20+ sacks that Gastineau provided.  Never had to be accounted for in the game plan like Mark.  And I loved Joe.  

OTOH, those guys from the 80's didn't face as many good and great passing offenses as teams do today, played much weaker T and OL talent in general, and played in an era where defenses weren't flagged for every lovetap delivered in the vicinity of a QB. Whole different game from 30 years ago. Should also be noted that Wilkerson is hitting an age where both of those guys started having the best years of their careers as far as the almighty sacks were concerned.

39 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

Exactly why Harrison will not be resigned and Wilkerson will.

37 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yeah but Richardson has so much ceiling. At 26, he has plenty of time to what I imagine his ceiling to be because of his potential at foozeball. He's so much younger than Wilkerson, and had 8 sacks his second year! Imagine what that might be in the future! He won ROTY, did Wilkerson? That's like 8 sacks right there - putting him at 8 sacks a season or MORE than Wilkerson per season. Also, Harrison is essential because NTs are important to 3-4s. Without a big run stuffing NT playing half the snaps, how is the defense supposed to stop Tom Brady or Ben Roesthlisberger or Aaron Rodgers or Cam Newton?

2 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Exactly why Harrison will not be resigned and Wilkerson will.

Yeah but Richardson has so much ceiling. At 26, he has plenty of time to what I imagine his ceiling to be because of his potential at foozeball. He's so much younger than Wilkerson, and had 8 sacks his second year! Imagine what that might be in the future! He won ROTY, did Wilkerson? That's like 8 sacks right there - putting him at 8 sacks a season or MORE than Wilkerson per season. Also, Harrison is essential because NTs are important to 3-4s. Without a big run stuffing NT playing half the snaps, how is the defense supposed to stop Tom Brady or Ben Roesthlisberger or Aaron Rodgers or Cam Newton?

Remember that time the Bills' running game cost us a shot at the playoffs, after we spent all day shutting down Tyrod Taylor?

Me neither.

Bills RB's Week 17:  33 carries, 62 yards.

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Remember that time the Bills' running game cost us a shot at the playoffs, after we spent all day shutting down Tyrod Taylor?

Me neither.

Bills RB's Week 17:  33 carries, 62 yards.

Yep Bills suck other then beating us twice and costing us the playoffs..LOL

19 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

For a Guy Marks size he ran a 4.6 40 one of the fastest big guys ever..

Think it was sub 4.6, more like 4.52

Either way, rediculous given his size and position.  

16 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

^^^^^ Missed my point completely because of his love for Rex Ryan.

What I said is fact the Bills beat us twice did they not?? It's easier to crap on a team when you beat them was MY point.. And that includes losing to the Bills when Rex was the HC as well..

16 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

OTOH, those guys from the 80's didn't face as many good and great passing offenses as teams do today, played much weaker T and OL talent in general, and played in an era where defenses weren't flagged for every lovetap delivered in the vicinity of a QB. Whole different game from 30 years ago. Should also be noted that Wilkerson is hitting an age where both of those guys started having the best years of their careers as far as the almighty sacks were concerned.

OTOH, given how much passing they see, how many drop backs QBs take today, they would likely have higher sack totals in n today's game.  

OL talent is bigger today.  As is DL.  Doesn't make them better.  

9 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

What I said is fact the Bills beat us twice did they not?? It's easier to crap on a team when you beat them was MY point..

You read what you wanted to read.  I wasn't bashing the Bills or your boy Rex there.  I was saying that stopping the running game had no bearing on our ability (or inability) to earn a playoff spot. 

Investing resources into run-stuffing seems to me to be counter-productive.  Even the $5M limit you're suggesting for Snacks is too high, and money that could be spent better elsewhere.  I believe Macc drafted a NT in the 7th round last draft, which is around where we as a franchise have historically been able to locate NT's.  Jason Ferguson (7th), and Snacks (UDFA) are examples of that.

YOUR inability to understand context there had everything to do with your kneejerk reaction anytime someone bashes your boy's team.  You read it quickly, your "Rex bashing" radar went immediately off the charts, and you made your standard Rex defense post.  It's comical at this point.

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You read what you wanted to read.  I wasn't bashing the Bills or your boy Rex there.  I was saying that stopping the running game had no bearing on our ability (or inability) to earn a playoff spot.  In fact, investing resources into run-stuffing seems to me to be counter-productive.  Even the $5M limit you're suggesting is too high, and money that could be spent better elsewhere. 

YOUR inability to understand context there had everything to do with your kneejerk reaction anytime someone bashes your boy's team.

You may want to read my post again I included losing to the Bills when Rex was the Jets HC as well..

Just now, Savage69 said:

You may want to read my post again I included losing to the Bills when Rex was the Jets HC as well..

No, you didn't.  You said the Bills beat us twice and cost us the playoffs.  And right now you're still not responding to the actual point I was making. 

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

OTOH, given how much passing they see, how many drop backs QBs take today, they would likely have higher sack totals in n today's game.  

OL talent is bigger today.  As is DL.  Doesn't make them better.  

The DL of today are totally better. The league as a whole is bigger, stronger, and faster than 30 years ago. While they saw fewer dropbacks, they were also playing OLs and offenses geared far more towards running the ball. Klecko, at 263, played a role that guys 40-50+ heavier player nowadays. Apples to orangers, but yeah - Mo's on pace to be the overtake either guy as the best DL in Jets history. 

Just now, SenorGato said:

The DL of today are totally better. The league as a whole is bigger, stronger, and faster than 30 years ago. While they saw fewer dropbacks, they were also playing OLs and offenses geared far more towards running the ball. Klecko, at 263, played a role that guys 40-50+ heavier player nowadays. Apples to orangers, but yeah - Mo's on pace to be the overtake either guy as the best DL in Jets history. 

It's all relative.  Both sides of the ball are bigger, stronger and faster. 

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You read what you wanted to read.  I wasn't bashing the Bills or your boy Rex there.  I was saying that stopping the running game had no bearing on our ability (or inability) to earn a playoff spot. 

Investing resources into run-stuffing seems to me to be counter-productive.  Even the $5M limit you're suggesting for Snacks is too high, and money that could be spent better elsewhere.  I believe Macc drafted a NT in the 7th round last draft, which is around where we as a franchise have historically been able to locate NT's.  Jason Ferguson (7th), Sione Pouha (UDFA), and Snacks (UDFA) are examples of that.

YOUR inability to understand context there had everything to do with your kneejerk reaction anytime someone bashes your boy's team.  You read it quickly, your "Rex bashing" radar went immediately off the charts, and you made your standard Rex defense post.  It's comical at this point.

Pouha was a 3rd round pick. 

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No, you didn't.  You said the Bills beat us twice and cost us the playoffs.  And right now you're still not responding to the actual point I was making. 

Yes we lost in week 17 when they had just 62 yds rushing and we lost in week 10 when they had 148 yds rushing..OK

1 minute ago, SenorGato said:

Well, that's the copout I offer. Really, Klecko and friends would be very different players against today's bigger and more refined NFL athletes and passing games.

Right, Klecko wouldnt be near the player he was against todays OL

But he didnt play against them.  He played against similar players to him. 

7 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Right, Klecko wouldnt be near the player he was against todays OL

But he didnt play against them.  He played against similar players to him. 

Yes, yes he did - to his advantage relative to the DL of today. The point is that Wilkerson is awesome, and stacks with any Jets DL in franchise history through age 26.

4 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Yes, yes he did - to his advantage relative to the DL of today. The point is that Wilkerson is awesome, and stacks with any Jets DL in franchise history through age 26.

I have been around for all of Jet history have you?? :rolleyes: Now if you said Mo has been one of the best since you have been a fan that's a bit different..

49 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

He had no advantage, he was short and light, playing against shorter, lighter OLmen.  No advantage in relation to todays players

I'm a fan of Mo and youre as wrong as wrong can be, he's not in the same class as what other could do.  Start with Klecko since we're talking about him.  

11 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

I have been around for all of Jet history have you?? :rolleyes: Now if you said Mo has been one of the best since you have been a fan that's a bit different..

Sounds like enough time to have fallen in looooooove, long ago. :wub::wub::wub::wub::wub: LOLZ Best since I've been a fan for sure, but yeah on a solid pace to be the best in franchise history if things keep going well.

8 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Sounds like enough time to have fallen in looooooove, long ago. :wub::wub::wub::wub::wub: LOLZ Best since I've been a fan for sure, but yeah on a solid pace to be the best in franchise history if things keep going well.

If the Jets trade Mo will you become a Fan of the team he goes to?? At the very least your post count will be a lot lower..LOL

Just now, SenorGato said:

LOLZ post count doesn't shrink when you post less often. If the Jets keep Mo, will you wipe your tears with the poster of your favorite early 80's Jets player? 

That would be the 60's not 80's and I meant if Mo was gone you would post less here and more on the board of his new team..

Archived