Smurfs Mafia - Game Thread

Gone

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Yeah, in comparison to my previous games, which is entirely untrue. Even CTM came back and said that me being too much of a pussy to vote started before this game.

Blah, don't like this post.  It's as if you're expecting us to assume you haven't been learning how to play this game and gain confidence.  Players change up their playstyle all the time as they figure things out.  And you've been an extremely fast learner despite your constant outward displays of fear that you'll get things wrong.

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Blah, don't like this post.  It's as if you're expecting us to assume you haven't been learning how to play this game and gain confidence.  Players change up their playstyle all the time as they figure things out.  And you've been an extremely fast learner despite your constant outward displays of fear that you'll get things wrong.

I have been learning how to play, but I'm still being cautious about. That hasn't changed yet. It's still essentially only my second game. I'm naturally a very cautious and calculated person who is not eager to show his hand.

As per the bolded:

Again, if you only truly knew me.

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Still think you're town, Spoot, but you're laying it on thick with this rookie talk.  You're not a rookie anymore.  You're one of us.  Own it.

I remember my first game as scum, I think it was game 2. I used the noob card to try and cover up some sketchy play and it almost got me lynched on D1, but I sneaked by. I actually think we ended up winning and that was my 2nd most valuable noob award.

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Still think you're town, Spoot, but you're laying it on thick with this rookie talk.  You're not a rookie anymore.  You're one of us.  Own it.

To be fair. I've never actually called myself a rookie; while others have in this thread. Like I said above, regardless of being a rookie or not, I'm naturally like this.

1 minute ago, StraightCash said:

I remember my first game as scum, I think it was game 2. I used the noob card to try and cover up some sketchy play and it almost got me lynched on D1, but I sneaked by. I actually think we ended up winning and that was my 2nd most valuable noob award.

Nice subtle way of calling me scum.

Do you or do you not want to be my runner-up back-up beau??

Just now, Spoot-Face said:

Nice subtle way of calling me scum.

Do you or do you not want to be my runner-up back-up beau??

It was more reminiscing the glory days. My first game ever I was the cop in Star Wars Mafia (Yoda)... I remember Jif was the emporer, Dan was scum too. Doggin played and he was a 3rd party SK, Boba Fett. We ended up winning.

Game 2 was Lost Mafia, I think SMC was the mod. I was on a 3rd party team with Slats and Crusher. We also won that one!

Now on my return, I haven't gotten to play  in day 2 in either of my first 2 games. Excited for that possibility today.

1 minute ago, Leelou said:

Just because of my overreaction, or is there any other reason? 

You've been coming after me pretty hard. I can't remember if you were the first or not, but I was a pretty easy target.

But yes, you're overreaction to that Hallia thing is what I first noticed. I'm hanging on to the feeling that she's town.

Just now, StraightCash said:

It was more reminiscing the glory days. My first game ever I was the cop in Star Wars Mafia (Yoda)... I remember Jif was the emporer, Dan was scum too. Doggin played and he was a 3rd party SK, Boba Fett. We ended up winning.

Game 2 was Lost Mafia, I think SMC was the mod. I was on a 3rd party team with Slats and Crusher. We also won that one!

Now on my return, I haven't gotten to play  in day 2 in either of my first 2 games. Excited for that possibility today.

Oh, just reminiscing?

Okay.

Sure.

I buy that.

Clever goose.

1 minute ago, Spoot-Face said:

You've been coming after me pretty hard. I can't remember if you were the first or not, but I was a pretty easy target.

But yes, you're overreaction to that Hallia thing is what I first noticed. I'm hanging on to the feeling that she's town.

So, OMGUS? 

11 minutes ago, StraightCash said:

My first scum experience was awesome.  JVOR's "The Office" mafia (The Office is one of my all-time favorite shows) with Hess, Pac, and Verbal on the team with me.  The Mafia QT was hilarious (just looked back...the QT had over 1300 posts).  I lasted pretty long in that game, and we won.  So great.

5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Ape says that people defending everyone else is "really bad play".  But he defended CTM earlier (SEE:  Top of page 29) and seems to be aligning with him against Spoot.

Meanwhile, Brett and I are defending Spoot.

Spoot, you've become the central figure in this game (at least on D1) whether you like it or not.

This post is stupid.

Me weighing in on what "sounds" townie from him is not "defense". Sounding town and being town are two different things. Scum's #1 job is to "sound" townie. If anything, I'm vetting his logic for town agenda. More to see if he falters, than to declare him town like you idiots seem to need to do all the time.

Defending is making the case for why someone IS town, when you don't actually know it, and/or that they shouldn't be lynched or voted. That's more in line with what you dopes have been doing. 

Not the same thing. You guys have been extinguishing pressure on people left and right, not letting anything even play out. It is stupid play.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

My first scum experience was awesome.  JVOR's "The Office" mafia (The Office is one of my all-time favorite shows) with Hess, Pac, and Verbal on the team with me.  The Mafia QT was hilarious (just looked back...the QT had over 1300 posts).  I lasted pretty long in that game, and we won.  So great.

Still one of my favorite games all time.

I was SK, and had town completely eating out of my hand. Between my NKs, some power that allowed me to force a lynch, and my influence on the town I literally accounted for something like 10 deaths in one game. I lost in endgame to Pac, the roles left over made it impossible for me to win, but it was one of the best games I had played up until that point.

So much fun. I miss those two @Jets Voice of Reason and @Dan.

16 minutes ago, JiF said:

I literally dont have time to catch up.  I'm on page 27 and I have to run into a meeting and then I have to conduct an interview at 4pm. (her linkedin page looks hot though).

I'll do my best to at least be around toward deadline.  Or hopefully this next meeting is quick.

Speedlynch JiF FTW?

Every time I try to type a new post, it pre-populates with something I responded to 80 with pages back. This ******* site is the pits.

Anyway, my brain is fried, but here is my take on D1:

• Brett - making obvious trap posts, genuinely seems to be slow-playing certain things and scum hunting
  • JIF - I saw what CTM meant about flakiness re: Hallia early on, but his later play and vote on Verb has come across as "follow my gut" JIF play
  • 80 - I feel like he's using bad logic and narrative again, but the moron did the same last game as town
  • CTM - solid logic, and town sentiment in his posts to Brett/Spoot - when I agree with him, I know I need to be more wary of him
  • Hallia - not a fan of the sulking she's doing, so what if people accused you of something, that doesn't mean go into a shell and contribute out of spite, I haven't second-guessed my DMer theory for believing her VT claim
  • Verbal - has had some townie sounding posts, and has said some things that seem like reaction tests, but his undertone of "why would I do that as scum" is troubling
  • Leelou - everything she's doing feels opportunistic, specifically getting after Spoot using my suspicion, as I watch Spoot defend, I feel like Leelou is sweeping in to just keep pushing him down, basically taking advantage of his inability to defend (now, she could be doing this as town, to scum playing poorly, or vice versa)
  • Spoot - I've struggled to buy his "playing scared of making a mistake" angle, but did  I read someone say they check another game to vet it?

I think Leelou or Spoot has to be the lynch. I'd also lynch Verbal at this point. Could see Verbal and Leelou being mates, hence the over-defensiveness by Leelou early on about them "not being connected by the same body hydra whatever thingy".

1 hour ago, Nynaeve said:

Vote Count

Verbal(1) - JiF

Hallia(1) -  Leelou

80(1) - Hallia

CTM(1) - Brett

Leelou(2) - CTM, Spoot

JiF(1) - 80

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch

Deadline:

click?format=go&jsonp=vglnk_145578501454

56 minutes ago, StraightCash said:

Looking back, too many people I would like to lynch. I'm already ready to go off my original list.

vote Spoot

I'll vote Verbal, which should put him and leelou at 2 votes each.

Archived