The Emergence Of Enunwa In Jets Offensive Attack

jetfuel

27 minutes ago, Mainejet said:

Yes, you're absolutely right. What tells you about and hands and drops is watching with your own two EYES. Quincy Enunwa, although he fits a specific role in Chan Gailey's offense, is more of a liability right now because HE DROPS THE BALL TOO MUCH.

He's a green player, his first year of NFL football.  He fills a role, does some things better tha others on the roster and has to develop in other aspects of the game.

The point is to just scream he sucks or whatever makes no sense

7 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

He's a green player, his first year of NFL football.  He fills a role, does some things better tha others on the roster and has to develop in other aspects of the game.

The point is to just scream he sucks or whatever makes no sense

I did not say he sucked. I said he needs to start catching the ball more consistently and it is true. Why are you always so worried about what I post? It isn't the end of the world just because someone tells you something you obviously didn't want to read.

11 hours ago, Mainejet said:

I did not say he sucked. I said he needs to start catching the ball more consistently and it is true. Why are you always so worried about what I post? It isn't the end of the world just because someone tells you something you obviously didn't want to read.

The problem is that the evidence you used is from one game. That is a small sample size.

On 2/21/2016 at 7:51 PM, RoadFan said:

Enunwa is not a "weapon."  Calling him one is an exercise in delusional.   He is a poor man's version of Jerricho Cotchery athletically,  with much less natural hands.

Really, that's not a good comparison at all.

Cotchery is not as fast, has better hands, who caught passes from Phillip Rivers in college.  Enunwa came from a running program, looks to be faster and bigger, with worse hands,  with much less polish on his routes.

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Enunwa made me eat some words at the end of last year as he made some very nice plays, I thought he was a total jag previously.  Still not a prime piece on the team but he played well enough and showed enough to justify some optimism.

he's a quality 3rd WR and getting better.  if he was starting we'd look to upgrade but we have one of best starting duos in the league,

1 hour ago, UnitedWhofans said:

The problem is that the evidence you used is from one game. That is a small sample size.

NONSENSE. Did you watch the Jets games in 2015? There wasn't a single game that went by that Quincy Enunwa did not have costly drops in. Not one single game. All you had to was watch and you would've inevitably seen it.

11 minutes ago, Mainejet said:

NONSENSE. Did you watch the Jets games in 2015? There wasn't a single game that went by that Quincy Enunwa did not have costly drops in. Not one single game. All you had to was watch and you would've inevitably seen it.

name them all?

13 hours ago, Mainejet said:

45 minutes ago, Mainejet said:

Define sucks?  Lol  Nevermind I said or whatever. 

Drops, 2 or more per game?  One per wasn't enough of an exaggeration?  So he was on a rate of 32 plus drops, all costly drops?  Set an NFL record for drops? 

And others need to watch games?  Ok

26 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

name them all?

You're making the point that he was SUSPENDED for beating the p*ss out of his girlfriend and he could not have dropped any passes in those games? What a f*cking lame ass, pathetic argument?! So in the 12 games he played he had drops in most every one of those games. He also had to pay the piper for being an honorary member of the slap-a-ho tribe. So there you go. Come back and split hairs some more just because you're all butt hurt by what I posted. :|

Just now, Mainejet said:

You're making the point that he was SUSPENDED for beating the p*ss out of his girlfriend and he could not have dropped any passes in those games? What a f*cking lame ass, pathetic argument?! So in the 12 games he played he had drops in most every one of those games. He also had to pay the piper for being an honorary member of the slap-a-ho tribe. So there you go. Come back and split hairs some more just because you're all butt hurt by what I posted. :|

what are you talking about? I think you have me confused w/ someone else.

58 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

he's a quality 3rd WR and getting better.  if he was starting we'd look to upgrade but we have one of best starting duos in the league,

I wouldn't go that far yet, he only had 22 catches and only started 6 games, also zero tds.  He has potential but he is far from a solid 3rd guy just yet.

I personally like him. And dropping balls is not that unusual for a guy who has never played in the NFL before. I mean Wesley Walker dropped a lot of balls his first few years, etc. But Gailey saw his talent and adapted a role for him even though he wasn't really a tight end. Their receiving tight end Amaro was injured and out for the season. And it could be hard for Jace to win a starting role in this offense. Unless he improves and is a better all around player. If he does and Quincy brings it up a notch we have pretty good weapons to go along with Decker and Marshall and the Rbs whomever they are this season. 

58 minutes ago, Mainejet said:

Well I guess catching 4 passes out of 4 targets against Dallas would not count. Unless you are just being sarcastic. If not, I win

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I wouldn't go that far yet, he only had 22 catches and only started 6 games, also zero tds.  He has potential but he is far from a solid 3rd guy just yet.

I am basing it on him improving.  he showed flashes last year in his first opportunity and I am really excited to see how much better he gets.

Archived