All the good teams playing it COOL!

32EBoozer

NE, GB, Carolina, Seattle, Denver. Nobody's overpaying.

Jets and MacDaddy slow playing this hand, watching the kids play with their monopoly money.

Hoping in the next few days we start to see "the plan" develop.

Forte..... nice piece.

What I'd like to see is strengthening the OL and the LBs. Was hoping for a punter but not that pressing a need.

Getting a veteran TE in here is important.

RB has been upgraded. We need another one, so if Powell is expensive we can pick someone else up. Young, hungry, and fast. I'd like some speed please.

QB situation sorted. I don't want big money put into Fitz. Bring someone else in. Someone who has talented. Kaep, RG3, someone not Greg McElroy or Geno Smith level.

TE, Amaro is back, Sudfeld hopefully won't run into Pryor this preseason. 

We need a backer. A mean one.

10 minutes ago, pointman said:

RB has been upgraded. We need another one, so if Powell is expensive we can pick someone else up. Young, hungry, and fast. I'd like some speed please.

QB situation sorted. I don't want big money put into Fitz. Bring someone else in. Someone who has talented. Kaep, RG3, someone not Greg McElroy or Geno Smith level.

TE, Amaro is back, Sudfeld hopefully won't run into Pryor this preseason. 

We need a backer. A mean one.

I think Powell was fine, but if Maccagnan spends a good amount of what little cap space we have, to bring Powell back with more than $1 guaranteed now, he should be fired.

15 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

NE, GB, Carolina, Seattle, Denver. Nobody's overpaying.

Jets and MacDaddy slow playing this hand, watching the kids play with their monopoly money.

Hoping in the next few days we start to see "the plan" develop.

Forte..... nice piece.

What I'd like to see is strengthening the OL and the LBs. Was hoping for a punter but not that pressing a need.

Getting a veteran TE in here is important.

THIS.

2 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I think Powell was fine, but if Maccagnan spends a good amount of what little cap space we have, to bring Powell back with more than $1 guaranteed now, he should be fired.

I think he was fine too, but now suddenly he is being talked about as a "get". If his number is inflated at all, I'm with you..

2 minutes ago, pointman said:

I think he was fine too, but now suddenly he is being talked about as a "get". If his number is inflated at all, I'm with you..

If his number is at or near his last year # it's still too much for us after signing Forte. 

Forte + rookie + league min veteran or two added after the draft. If Powell is still out there after the draft, after Mo has been traded and Ferguson cut/traded, then maybe consider picking him back up at $2M for 1 year again. 

Just now, Sperm Edwards said:

If his number is at or near his last year # it's still too much for us after signing Forte. 

Forte + rookie + league min veteran or two added after the draft. If Powell is still out there after the draft, after Mo has been traded and Ferguson cut/traded, then maybe consider picking him back up at $2M for 1 year again. 

You get it. I hope we get something for Mo... doesn't feel like we will though.

2 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

after Mo has been traded and Ferguson cut/traded,

I really would like to see Jets do what Giants did to Cruz.... Take less or take a hike.

I apprecioate all Brick has done, but we need to get a solid young tackle in here. Tanny screwed us.

Brick should be able to get by on $7m like other 2nd tier OT. If not..... ciao!

Just now, 32EBoozer said:

I really would like to see Jets do what Giants did to Cruz.... Take less or take a hike.

I apprecioate all Brick has done, but we need to get a solid young tackle in here. Tanny screwed us.

Brick should be able to get by on $7m like other 2nd tier OT. If not..... ciao!

Problem is that solution still doesn't help us much. He'd still be an 8 figure cap hit, he's still terrible + getting worse, and now we'll have guaranteed his has-been ass the starting job yet again instead of replacing him like we should.

Draft replacement, then cut. Or just cut. Either is ok with me. No restructuring that guarantees him the starting job for even this upcoming season. 

Just now, Sperm Edwards said:

Problem is that solution still doesn't help us much. He'd still be an 8 figure cap hit, he's still terrible + getting worse, and now we'll have guaranteed his has-been ass the starting job yet again instead of replacing him like we should.

Draft replacement, then cut. Or just cut. Either is ok with me. No restructuring that guarantees him the starting job for even this upcoming season. 

I'm ok with that.... It's tough for some fans to cut the cord.

Penn, Beachum, Andre Smith still availabe 

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Depends on the draft plans do we go RB in the 1st round or a LB who can change the defense. 

It really doesn't depend on that. The draft is in a month and a half and we pick 20th. We can't possibly know who will be there or what position we'll be drafting, let alone that there will be a LB available there that will change the defense.

Sign players if they're worth it for your team. Forte was signed, meaning we're no longer painted into a corner to sign Powell now or to draft a RB in round 1 (or even in the first 3 rounds). If it happens and it's a good prospect it will be welcomed. But targeting positions over talent/value leads to reaching which leads to drafting Stephen Hills and any number of sorry picks we've made in recent years.

No need to pick up any RB now who commands any guaranteed money. Particularly for a poor man's Forte right after we just signed Forte.

10 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Depends on the draft plans do we go RB in the 1st round or a LB who can change the defense. 

Potentially good RB & LB in rounds 1 and 2 in this draft, irrespective of sequence, are fine by me.  This draft is deep at both positions, let alone in the first couple of rounds.

Archived