Empire State Mafia: Game Thread

Jetsfan80

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, CTM said:

You want in? I'm going to be mostly out of pocket till Monday. You can have my spot

It's a Holiday weekend; not expecting much activity between tonight and Monday.  No deadline coming until mid-late next week, if one is needed at all.

Thanks for handling things here Nyn!

53 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Dismissal attempt of my meta on Brett is noted.

No, I just thought it was dumb to think Brett knows what he's doing.

Besides, I've already said I think he's town.  Don't act like you're cataloging a ping by me - I'm obviously defending him like I would the special kid in a schoolyard.

53 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

The triad of Leelou, Lily and Brett is garner more attention than it probably should. I feel like people are burying votes in that mess, because it's easy, not because anything substantial actually happened... it's just the first thing that happened.

Scum is more likely avoiding the fray, in my opinion. That's why you should vote for AVM with me. 

You scum trying to tilt me early or scum hunting trying to see if I'll tilt?

Either way, I like where this is going.

Just now, AVM said:

You scum trying to tilt me early or scum hunting trying to see if I'll tilt?

Either way, I like where this is going.

Either way, you're right.

Perhaps I asked my magic 8-ball. Or is calling a shot something that is reserved for other players, and not me???

40 minutes ago, Verbal said:

No, I just thought it was dumb to think Brett knows what he's doing.

Besides, I've already said I think he's town.  Don't act like you're cataloging a ping by me - I'm obviously defending him like I would the special kid in a schoolyard.

Why would Brett not know what he's doing? He took a break but he's been playing for as long as I have. 

FLAVOR SCENE

The men in gas masks breathed heavily, as if they were trying to suck the air out of a soup can. 

"Tell me what you know about nineteen fifty."  Said one of them.

"This is Year 19....here....in the Empire State", Rad responded.  "Is....is it 1950 in the other one?"

A pause.

"Very good, Mr. Bradley.  There is something you need to see."

Instantaneously, Rad felt himself lose consciousness.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When Rad awoke, he found himself strapped to a chair.  He became aware that his breathing was difficult and that he was looking through the eyes of a mask.

"Very good, Grieves.  Please, open Mr. Bradley's straps so he can move freely."

"Yes, sir."  Said a large man, whose voice Rad recognized from the alleyway.

As he was cut loose, Rad was now aware that he was wearing the same type of gas mask as Grieves had been wearing.  Panic nearly overtook him as each breath he took no longer seemed to be automatic, but rather he had to actively think about it each time.  It was an unpleasant feeling.

"You will get used to it, Mr. Bradley."  Said another man.  He was smaller than the other two, but his face was oddly familiar to Rad.

"Captain Carson?"

The man let out a friendly laugh.  "Oh no, no sir!  An excellent and astute guess, but I am not your Captain Carson.  I am Captain Nimrod.  These men, who you are familiar with, are Grieves and Jones."

The two men grunted. 

"I am sorry we had to be so, err, forceful with you Mr. Bradley.  But we had to ensure you hadn't been corrupted somehow.  You see, there are men who are bent on the destruction of your world, the Empire State."

"My world?  Do you mean...."

"Yes, Mr. Bradley.  Welcome to New York City."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

new-york-1950-1a.jpg

The 4 men rode in a black car down the streets of New York, as Rad, still in his gas mask, looked out the windows in awe.  Everything was so....different, here.  The way people dressed and went about their business was very unfamiliar.  Yet there was enough similarity for Rad to realize the truth:  The Empire State really did come from this place.

As they drove, Captain Nimrod explained to Rad everything he knew about when the fissure opened.  Evidently, a battle between the Skyguard and Science Pirate in 1931, New York City time, was responsible.  He and his team had been doing secret government research on the fissure ever since.

"Why can't I take off my gas mask?"  Asked Rad.

"We are still studying the effects of crossing through from one world to the other.  The atmospheres of the 2 worlds are incompatible." Said Captain Nimrod.  Currently we have a complex mirror system so that no one need pass directly through the fissure.  But as Grieves and Jones here understand, you must always wear the mask.  At least for a time, before a person can adjust."

As they continued to drive, Rad pressed himself as close to the window as possible.  There it was!  The 'beyond'! 

"That is the Hudson River," said Captain Nimrod.  "Beyond it is a state called 'New Jersey'". 

There was no fog in this place.  No boundary.  Beyond the Hudson Rad could see a vast world.  He now realized all of those pictures on Captain Carson's wall were of this man....Captain Nimrod.

The car pulled into a government military facility.  Hordes of armed men littered the area to protect the location. 

"Here we are."  Said Captain Nimrod.  "The fissure."

Captain Nimrod explained that they were currently in Battery Park, NY.  The fissure was a protected by an egg-like shell, held up in the air by other large structures.  Immense energy seemed to be coming from the egg. 

"And now, Mr. Bradley, you will need to cross back over into your world.  But you will be hearing from us.  Remember everything we've told you.  There are those who wish to destroy this place....or the location of the fissure on your side.  In either instance, both your world and ours.....would be destroyed."

Rad nodded.  He stood on an elevator lift which took him to the point of the armored fissure shell.  It moved close to the object, and the shell opened, revealing a brilliant blue light.  Everyone stared at the light, letting it bathe over them.  Rad stepped through the light, and in an instant....he was gone.

47 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Either way, you're right.

Perhaps I asked my magic 8-ball. Or is calling a shot something that is reserved for other players, and not me???

We all have our sources.  JC has his magic 8-ball.  I have the spirits.  Lizzie picks people based off the number of vowels in our usernames.

Whatever way reveals itself to you is not for us to judge, my dear friend.

Archived