Empire State Mafia: Game Thread

Jetsfan80

40 minutes ago, AVM said:

This was the post where I'm supposedly admitting to just trying to get under his skin.  Just because I say I'm "poking and prodding" doesn't mean I'm only trying to get under his skin.  I said in the very same post that his "case" is bullsh*t.

BTW, Ape -- you have neglected to weigh in on the fact that he included posts that were you discussing Leelous legitimacy and tried to pass it off as the multiple "great points" you were making against me.

I mean...JiF can go on til he's blue in the face, but it is what it is...

No, I didn't. I just didn't beat it to death like I would normally do in the past. Again, tilting my meta. You how hard it is for me to step back and be quiet and wait for the rest of you lazy ****s to react? It's an exercise in patience for me. I feel like this is a good game for me to do it in though.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, Verbal said:

I'd argue I've played more than you have this entire game, and I've barely played, lol.

Yeah, you're scum.

Indeed - that was her only move of the game.  Come out early for what she thought was an easy move, and then I got on her case and she backed away until somebody went at me......and now she's back and doing what?.....wait for it.......OMGUSing me.  What a novel concept.

You can try to do whatever you want to your meta, but it isn't going to change.  You've cemented your meta over the past handful of years, and no amount of tweaking on your part is going to change that.  Sorry bub.

1. are you voting Hess?

2. I think you're confusing personality, with gameplay meta. We'll see how it goes. There's really no harm in trying.

27 minutes ago, CTM said:

lol avm vs jif does feel 100% manufactured.

lets kill the twink

or leelou

Told you.

I'd vote either AVM or JIF, Leelou for soft claim... Pac for not being here. Verbal for being way, way too bitchy as a grown man.

52 minutes ago, AVM said:

Are we really going back to this today?  You know if you keep calling me a liar, I'm not going to stop coming at you -- because I'm NOT lying.  You misrepresented a bunch of quotes and STILL have never answered the "give more than one point Ape made that was great?" question.  So how about you ******* stop it, instead of bitching about me and whining and running off upset?

Don't ******* say you're done, then keep on bitching how I spun and lied -- when I didn't -- when you come back.  Was genuinely about to move back off you as you seemed genuinely frustrated, but considering you can't give more than ONE "great" point Ape made -- genuinely GFY.

51 minutes ago, AVM said:

But don't worry -- JiF is TOTALLY done defending himself.  And, btw, JiF -- if me responding to you and Ape voting me was showing my ass (or whatever you called it) -- what exactly is this?

I said I was done responding to you because I've done everything you've asked = town friendly.  

You've antagonized and played OMGUS off 1 vote You've lied, misrepresented the truth and spun, spun and spun some more = not town friendly.

Facts are facts.  It will go ignored or I'll look bad because you chose to have this battle with me.  And that's fine.  

It's out there for everyone to see.  They can do with it what they want.  I think you're scum. 

And GFY, I do what I want, when I want and how I want. 

Official Vote Count

JiF (3) - AVM, CTM, Ape

Verbal (3) - Hess, Lily, decker

decker (2) - Crusher, Spoot

Lily (2) - Verbal, Leelou

Leelou (1) - No Penis

Spoot (1) - Brett

AVM (1) - JiF

Not Voting (2) - Pac, Ballin

With 15 Alive it takes 8 dumbasses to lynch.

DEADLINE:  TUESDAY, 3 PM EST

I didnt want to do this but I'm going to because I'm jam packed the rest of the day and wont be around during the deadline.  Plus, I think we need to focus before the deadline and scum hunt.  That and I dont trust this town to see my point and back off this utter b.s. that's drawing me heat. 

I'm vanilla town and can be vetted through a Mason partner.  I dont really see the need for that person to come forward right now but our alignment was shared in a QT by the mod.

For consolidation efforts because I wont be around even though my #1 is AVM.

Unvote

Vote Verb

28 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

No, I didn't. I just didn't beat it to death like I would normally do in the past. Again, tilting my meta. You how hard it is for me to step back and be quiet and wait for the rest of you lazy ****s to react? It's an exercise in patience for me. I feel like this is a good game for me to do it in though.

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

Holy hell did you take some Mafia Prozac for this game?

Seriously -- all game play aside, I'm quite impressed.  In retrospect considering how the game has gone, you have to notice his attempt to break his meta.  Made Verbs comment seem...odd.

Official Vote Count

Verbal (4) - Hess, Lily, decker, JiF

JiF (3) - AVM, CTM, Ape

Leelou (1) - No Penis

Spoot (1) - Brett

Not Voting (2) - Pac, Ballin

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Holy hell did you take some Mafia Prozac for this game?

No, lol

I'm perfectly capable of playing like this whenever I want. It's you all that necessitate the regression into Ape-ness. I have to Ape it up to get the games going, because otherwise you'll all just sit around staring at each other, and I have to Ape it up to stay alive... because you dopes thing any deviation from meta = lynch it.

So, since I really didn't care about the pace or progress of this game, this game presented a nice opportunity to just ease in. For once, nobody is losing their minds over it. It's nice. I appreciate not having to have to be the game engine every now and then.

That said, I'm so used to scum hunting from that approach, so ... fighting the urge to be the violent interrogator is the hardest part of this.

2 minutes ago, no psls said:

OK Jetsfan80 , who gets whacked ?

images (10).jpg

hey bud, the occasional image is cool to post... especially if it's actually funny, but a lot of us try to play this from our phones, and when you post images with every comment you make... it makes it hard to load/read along

3 minutes ago, AVM said:

Seriously -- all game play aside, I'm quite impressed.  In retrospect considering how the game has gone, you have to notice his attempt to break his meta.  Made Verbs comment seem...odd.

I'm assuming Verbal was trying to troll me into arguing with him that I can change my meta, to which he'd reply "told you so", or something gay and Verbal-ish.

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

I didnt want to do this but I'm going to because I'm jam packed the rest of the day and wont be around during the deadline.  Plus, I think we need to focus before the deadline and scum hunt.  That and I dont trust this town to see my point and back off this utter b.s. that's drawing me heat. 

I'm vanilla town and can be vetted through a Mason partner.  I dont really see the need for that person to come forward right now but our alignment was shared in a QT by the mod.

Unvote

Vote Verb

Consider it a compliment that I thought you were faking your emo.

Anyway, please confirm that the mod used the term Mason. Unvote

Just now, Integrity28 said:

I'm assuming Verbal was trying to troll me into arguing with him that I can change my meta, to which he'd reply "told you so", or something gay and Verbal-ish.

Yeah, but if he felt pressure enough to need to reveal VT it came across as odd.  Alternatively, if it's truly because he won't be around at deadline then maybe offer up some more concrete thoughts on Leelous soft claim (rather than calling her slightly townish and ignoring it) rather than that.

Just odd.

Brett's interesting, he's not puking all over the thread like he has done as town lately. Instead, he's poking in in strategic spots to nudge things. Like with JIF, what Brett did was quietly come in with "it can't be this easy" comments. That's some dirty play. Problem is, it's Brett, and he's shown recently that he's that much of a scum helper as town.

Official Vote Count

Verbal (4) - Hess, Lily, decker, JiF

JiF (2) - AVM, CTM

Leelou (1) - No Penis

Spoot (1) - Brett

Not Voting (3) - Pac, Ballin, Ape

Just now, JiF said:

Your fault, dumbass

Home slice, you've had maybe 5 people show any interest in voting you at all. Brett, IIRC, said that he agreed you seemed more genuine though.  Think it was him.

But blame me for pointing out the flaw in your "case" -- or should I say Ape's case, that you tacked on a "AVM didn't comment on Leelou" to -- on me.

9 minutes ago, JiF said:

Unvote

Vote Verb

unvote 

person should come forward imo

Archived