Empire State Mafia: Game Thread

Jetsfan80

1 minute ago, StraightCash said:

Please don't make arguments that rely on others to recall past games. According to you that is "bush league"

There's a difference between referencing meta that we've all come to accept about each other over the past 5+ years, and citing specific games and reads you made on me in them. Nice try to shrug that off... this may be the biggest acknowledgement that I'm right that you're scum in all of this.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/28/2016 at 10:15 AM, Integrity28 said:

Except, I'd argue that I haven't met any of my typical meta for how I play D1. I'm not really "beating the grass" the way I normally do when scum hunting on D1. I just haven't had time, and I'm also deliberately trying to shift my meta. So, it's curious to me that you're now crediting me for being a good D1 scum hunter, but at the same time, I'm not actually doing anything with AVM other than guessing. My vote on AVM is literally nothing like my normal D1 cases when I've nailed scum.

The fact that about 1/3 of this game is not participating makes it tough to care about making the effort to, or succeed at scum hunting, anyway.

Typical Ape gameplay.  Nothing to see here.

On 3/28/2016 at 1:33 PM, JiF said:

Ape is his own worst enemy and thinks he's a lot better than he is.  That said, the guy is money on D1.  I hate to give him credit but its true.  

From there, he's scums best friend.

On 3/28/2016 at 1:47 PM, Integrity28 said:

Good, we're finally playing mafia.

Unvote

Vote AVM

JIF's defense is alright. He just needed a push to stop being a lazy slapdick.

I want to throw up at the Ape Jif love fest here.

On 3/28/2016 at 2:21 PM, Lily said:

Hi Verb. Going to come play?

I just literally red through 10 pages and didnt see a post from you.  

On 3/28/2016 at 2:34 PM, The Crusher said:

Dude please stop  polluting this thread with awful disgusting post.  It's annoying the **** out me.  Tone it down man.  nobody wants to look at that crap.  Please.

It just got serious.

4 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

Typical Ape gameplay.  Nothing to see here.

I want to throw up at the Ape Jif love fest here.

I just literally red through 10 pages and didnt see a post from you.  

It just got serious.

Solid observations...I'm guessing on a re-read? My only question is how many games have you played with Ape

On 3/28/2016 at 3:51 PM, JiF said:

I was ready to go there but didnt because of the soft claim.  It's D1.  I'll let her get away with it for now...but it doesnt sit well with me at all.

Really?  AVM is flailing like a little bitch creating pure bull sh*t to defend what is now, 1 vote.  lmfao

This is a no-brainer at this point. 

I too am interested in why you let Leelou "get away with it for now" but so intent on AVM.  

On 3/28/2016 at 4:10 PM, Lily said:

I'm glad to see Verb getting some attention. He buried his vote on me, and if he can read me as well as he says he can, he should know I'm town by now. I can usually read him pretty well, but he needs to play more for me to get a read. 

Unvote

Vote Verb

I just can't figure you out

1 hour ago, StraightCash said:

Spoot is my best bet for scum, but Ape is climbing. He is making a ton of flawed arguments against me to lead a lynch on me... Which he has done to me twice as scum in recent games.

My only hesitation is that I think he exposed Spoot at the end of D1

And I already responded to him and to you about that.

Do you have anything to say to me directly about it? Any questions?

Please, by all means.

34 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I wouldn't call it a war. I'd call it predictable.

I voted him on D1, he took the chill route. I vote him again now, and add the Brett OMGUS's me when town and he's not doing it angle to my case, and as I could have predicted.... he goes OMGUS.

Tell me, seriously, if you think he's been playing his townie game. Calm, cool, collected... after 4 games of being a hot, illogical, paranoid mess. Tell me.

This actually makes sense. I always see Brett as scummy and I haven't this game, so maybe I'm just backwards on him. 

Vote Brett

Just now, Lily said:

This actually makes sense. I always see Brett as scummy and I haven't this game, so maybe I'm just backwards on him. 

Vote Brett

You haven't seen me scummy this game? Really? Let me go back to about Page 20 when you were nice and quick to drop a vote on me

On March 29, 2016 at 9:07 AM, JiF said:

Genuinely frustrated.  Felt like I had to repeat myself over and over again, which was super annoying.

Everything I said, he spun or lied or misrepresented.  And now knowing he was trying to get under my skin, it doesnt sit well at all (from a game play perspective).  Why antagonize someone if you're town?  Especially considering all I was doing was everything he was asking me to do.

I dont feel I was grandstanding at all, fwiw. 

Jif is going a little too hard here.  Maybe I missed it but didnt see AVM spin, lie and misrepresent everything he said.  This is bothering me

1 hour ago, HessStation said:

So to answer your question @Spoot-Face

1. My 1 year old thinks he can walk right off the couch and chairs and I'll miraculously catch him every time, so really didn't have time 

2. To test reactions, especially Brett's who's prob my first choice

3. Your post after Verb's death about me being on him the hardest D1 felt forced like there was a discussion about it and someone had to set it up for d2, and you're probably my second choice

...my reasons

1. Yikes! Good luck with that.

2. Legit reason.

3. Fair, but I assure you that the only discussion about that post of mine was in my head.

On March 29, 2016 at 10:27 AM, JiF said:

AVM, Verb, Brett or Hess

Leelou stinks but I'm willing to at least give her D1 on her bull sh*t soft claim.  We'll be able to flush that out down the road. 

This stinks

5 minutes ago, Lily said:

Vote Brett

Just now, Lily said:

Which I already explained wasn't a real vote. Flailing still?

So first you are voting me because you don't think I am scum and you are flip flopped, but now you think I am flailing scum? (I assume you don't think I'm flailing town)

That was quick

3 minutes ago, StraightCash said:

You haven't seen me scummy this game? Really? Let me go back to about Page 20 when you were nice and quick to drop a vote on me

Page 16

So as Lily is now quickly jumping up my scum board the only thing I have to hold onto is the Mason claim with Decker. 

that and she's voting the guy I think is most scummy. 

hmmm.

Where does Deck fit in to your narrative?

Gotta run right now. I'm walking up to the store because the car is in the shop. I can use the exercise anyway. I'll be a while, but I'll be back. 

Just now, Lily said:

Where does Deck fit in to your narrative?

Gotta run right now. I'm walking up to the store because the car is in the shop. I can use the exercise anyway. I'll be a while, but I'll be back. 

With 4 Mason's claimed, I don't think it's a guarantee that they are all town- even if Mafiawiki says "Mason's are town", it's 80- he can word it or do whatever the hell he wants

Ape and Lily here, it's as clear as day.

Ape came after me hard because he wanted to get the focus off of Lily who was a high risk candidate after almost being lynched on D1.

hahahahahahhahahahahaha... 

5AKJeaI.gif

this is the type of ridiculously stupid sh*t i expect from you as town... not bad, if you're faking it

Just now, StraightCash said:

With 4 Mason's claimed, I don't think it's a guarantee that they are all town- even if Mafiawiki says "Mason's are town", it's 80- he can word it or do whatever the hell he wants

I'd consider giving someone the role Mason, and not making them town, to be bastard modding. There are other roles that are connected like Masons, with different semantics around them, that leave open the opportunity for them to be town and scum mixed. 

On March 29, 2016 at 0:14 PM, Verbal said:

100% accurate

Btw, you're voting yourself tomorrow. ;-)

Props to Hess for calling that.

On March 29, 2016 at 0:23 PM, CTM said:

I'll consolidate on verbal if need be, not feeling he's scum but hess' confidence is interesting

For the moment I'd like to see leelou, lilly or brett catch some heat

This is a pretty good list for me.  

On March 29, 2016 at 0:24 PM, Verbal said:

I've been saying that about Lily all day, but for all the talk about you guys not wanting her to get away with lurking......you let it happen anyway.

Then again Verb has a point here.

I just want to point out that Lily has a vote on me, because she is reading me as town. She is not reading me as scum, but she still wants to lynch me.

Please just let that sink in

She said her D1 vote on you was a joke vote. The vote she just put on you is because she thinks you're scum. That's what I"m taking away from the exchange... I'm not sure wtf you are talking about.

Upvote for the GIF, but I still think you are spewing filth

Yea, the more I responded to calmly clarify everything you were muddling, the more obvious it became that I'm spewing filth alright. 

15 minutes ago, Lily said:

Vote Brett

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

She said her D1 vote on you was a joke vote. The vote she just put on you is because she thinks you're scum. That's what I"m taking away from the exchange... I'm not sure wtf you are talking about.

1. Went back to check, she flipped and said it was a 'reaction test'-- never a joke vote

2. Look at the quote above. She says she does not see me as scummy. Try and figure that one out

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Actually, no. She's saying she thinks he's town so she's going opposite LOL wtf. 

If if it wasn't for the mason thing I'd totally be voting Lily right now.

43 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

I thought Spoot was away for the beginning of the game?

I was.

On 3/26/2016 at 11:28 PM, Spoot-Face said:

Certainly.

When have I ever looked good? I've looked scummy in every game I've been so far, and I've never been scum.

44 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

Bad logic. 

Well, it's true.

7 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I'd consider giving someone the role Mason, and not making them town, to be bastard modding. There are other roles that are connected like Masons, with different semantics around them, that leave open the opportunity for them to be town and scum mixed. 

So you honestly think he would allow 4 of 15 players, and maybe more, able to vet eachother as town?

1. Went back to check, she flipped and said it was a 'reaction test'-- never a joke vote

2. Look at the quote above. She says she does not see me as scummy. Try and figure that one out

Are you talking about this... 

17 minutes ago, Lily said:

Vote Brett

She's saying that maybe the way she reads you is backwards, as in, when you look clean, you're actually dirty... and when you look dirty, you're actually town. I think she made that pretty clear. I think you're grasping here...

I have a similar outlook on Dan, CTM and the secondary case I have on you is similar... you're not playing with the reckless abandon that makes townies look scummy, which makes it look like you're trying to look clean.

I totally understand this vantage point... this is a pathetic defense.

So you honestly think he would allow 4 of 15 players, and maybe more, able to vet eachother as town?

I am saying what I'd consider bastard modding. I didn't speculate about what he did or didn't do. 

Archived