Possible Mo Trade Scenario

whodeawhodat

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We know it won't be from the Pats, they lost their 1st for cheating yet AGAIN!

Do you know the Pats have more than twice the number of total draft picks than the Jets?

Do you know the Pats have more draft picks in the top 100 than the Jets?

Good luck with those measly 6 draft picks this year trying to fill a ton of holes.

6 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

Do you know the Pats have more than twice the number of total draft picks than the Jets?

Good luck with those measly 6 draft picks this year trying to fill a ton of holes.

Cool. Maybe you'd like to discuss that here:

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/

Serious question: do you think that Wilkerson is better than Richard Seymour?  

If Wilkerson was on the Pats, he'd be getting a ton of hype and would probably make the pro bowl every year.

IMO, they are pretty damn close.

RS always had the knack to make big plays at crucial times in games.

Wilk needs to make more of those game-changing type plays.

Just now, PatsFanTX said:

IMO, they are pretty damn close.

RS always had the knack to make big plays at crucial times in games.

Wilk needs to make more of those game-changing type plays.

I was a big fan of Seymour.  I'm not sure if Wilkerson is Seymour or Trevor Pryce.  He seems to be a better pass rusher than Seymour.

Leonard Williams sure looks like Seymour.

1 hour ago, PatsFanTX said:

Do you happen to know the price of tea in China?

I would take a high second and a trade up of firsts for Mo in a heartbeat...I don't think the Titans would. I think any potential trade partner we are going to find is going to know that they hold the chips. Every team is likely going to try to lowball us for him because they know we want to move him. That being said I think Mac is pretty smart and probably has a few backup plans in the case where he cant move up for a first to draft a QB I would look for a trade a bit later sending Mo somewhere for someone backup and some draft pick compensation. I love Mo and if he isn't on our roster this season I will miss him but it should be an interesting draft to watch and I will be waiting to see the word trade pop up.

i think this is more about what mac wants in the draft, if he is sold on lynch he may have to trade up with a team like the 49ers, Bears, Eagles to get him...Eagles are probably not interested in wilkerson as they are trying to resign cox to a long term deal.  

Jets just dont have the cap space...with only 4 mill in space and only geno and bryce as the qb's...personally if mac gets an offer to swap picks with the 49ers or bears he should take it, grab lynch and offload mo.  I know posters want a big haul for mo but i just dont see it happening.  If i'm a GM of another team, I'm simply waiting it out to see what happens to the jets qb situation, the jets tried to drum up interest in mo with the media and leaked reports but still had minimal teams showing any sort of interest.  Its just not an ideal situation, the draft is very deep on defensive line, mo wants an inflated deal (thx to vernon's 17 mill/season) and the jets wants their compensation...of these three only 1 can truly budge and that is the compensation...Mo can kill any trade talk if he isn't interested in playing for that team...so far the only team hes said he would love to play for are the 49ers...

On 4/19/2016 at 8:52 PM, detectivekimble said:

I was a big fan of Seymour.  I'm not sure if Wilkerson is Seymour or Trevor Pryce.  He seems to be a better pass rusher than Seymour.

Leonard Williams sure looks like Seymour.

I'll sign for that right now. Seymour was a special, special player.

5 minutes ago, spawn0978 said:

i think this is more about what mac wants in the draft, if he is sold on lynch he may have to trade up with a team like the 49ers, Bears, Eagles to get him...Eagles are probably not interested in wilkerson as they are trying to resign cox to a long term deal.  

Jets just dont have the cap space...with only 4 mill in space and only geno and bryce as the qb's...personally if mac gets an offer to swap picks with the 49ers or bears he should take it, grab lynch and offload mo.  I know posters want a big haul for mo but i just dont see it happening.  If i'm a GM of another team, I'm simply waiting it out to see what happens to the jets qb situation, the jets tried to drum up interest in mo with the media and leaked reports but still had minimal teams showing any sort of interest.  Its just not an ideal situation, the draft is very deep on defensive line, mo wants an inflated deal (thx to vernon's 17 mill/season) and the jets wants their compensation...of these three only 1 can truly budge and that is the compensation...Mo can kill any trade talk if he isn't interested in playing for that team...so far the only team hes said he would love to play for are the 49ers...

The Jets couldn't sign Mo way before that happened..

1 minute ago, Savage69 said:

The Jets couldn't sign Mo way before that happened..

Thats true, the offers mo supposedly received from the jets were lower offers but you cannot tell me that mo's asking price has not gone up even more after seeing free agents like jackson and vernon get paid a ridiculous amount of money for less production.  

5 minutes ago, spawn0978 said:

Thats true, the offers mo supposedly received from the jets were lower offers but you cannot tell me that mo's asking price has not gone up even more after seeing free agents like jackson and vernon get paid a ridiculous amount of money for less production.  

When players like Revis came out and said I want 16 million or I won't play we knew the facts, I wish Mo would be that honest.. The problem with the other contracts is the signing team owed no compensation to the former team..

11 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

When players like Revis came out and said I want 16 million or I won't play we knew the facts, I wish Mo would be that honest.. The problem with the other contracts is the signing team owed no compensation to the former team..

Exactly, so i'd be really surprised if some team offers the jets multiple picks and such for mo while also giving him 50+ mill in guaranteed money...the other thought i had was if nobody decides to trade for mo, what do they do?  they could rescind the tag and make mo a free agent netting them a compensation pick and then resign fitzpatrick or sign some other qb.    

Archived