Cardale Jones

redman81

2 minutes ago, flgreen said:

It sure did, he was the hottest item in the country after the National Championship game.  If he came out he might have been an early 1st rounder.

Thing is, he couldn't come out.  He was a true Sophomore.   

Okay, I thought that he was contemplating entering the draft last year. Atleast thats what I understood. Makes all the sense in the world now! lol. 

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, bitonti said:

this thread is gold, Jerry 

as for the value of Cardale Jones he's worth a 3rd round pick

QB values are jacked up. And teams are thirsty as hell. 

my prediction is that someone will use a top 100 pick on a guy with those rare physical gifts, who goes to a factory, just on four miracle games two years ago. 

Whether it's a good idea or not is a different discussion entirely. But if the Eagles can mortgage the future for Carson Wentz, maybe a 3rd rounder for Cardale Jones isn't the worst gamble. 

and for the record, no one is worse than Geno Smith. 

Jones is not a NFL QB.  Good arm but that is it.

10 hours ago, rillo said:

Meyer doesn't groom QBs for the NFL. No thanks.

Maybe so, but Jones did not fit Meyer's system, Tom Herman (OC) planned the offense for that championship run, and then left to coach Houston before the next season. 

The new OC gave away a sloppy game to the weakest Spartan team in four years, Zeke may have spoke out of turn but spoke the truth

Nobody knows what Jones is capable of in the right system, we do know he can hit Devon Smith on a deep ball, accounting for 36% of Jones passing yards and 4 of 5 TD's in those epic 3 games, kid deserves a chance

2 minutes ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

Maybe so, but Jones did not fit Meyer's system, Tom Herman (OC) planned the offense for that championship run, and then left to coach Houston before the next season. 

The new OC gave away a sloppy game to the weakest Spartan team in four years, Zeke may have spoke out of turn but spoke the truth

Nobody knows what Jones is capable of in the right system, we do know he can hit Devon Smith on a deep ball, accounting for 36% of Jones passing yards and 4 of 5 TD's in those epic 3 games, kid deserves a chance

Just curious, who do you root for in college football?  J\K.

3 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Must be a great atmosphere!

Good fun, and plenty of talent at the tailgate parties

Top 10 stadiums;
1. University of Michigan — Ann Arbor (Ann Arbor, MI): Michigan Stadium = 107,601 seats
2. Pennsylvania State University — University Park (University Park, PA): Beaver Stadium = 106,572 seats
3. Ohio State University — Columbus (Columbus, OH): Ohio Stadium = 104,944 seats
4. Texas A&M University — College Station (College Station, TX): Kyle Field = 102,733
5. University of Tennessee at Knoxville (Knoxville, TN): Neyland Stadium = 102,455 seats
6. Louisiana State University — Baton Rouge (Baton Rouge, LA): Tiger Stadium = 102,321 seats
7. The University of Alabama (Tuscaloosa, AL): Bryant-Denny Stadium = 101,821 seats
8. The University of Texas at Austin (Austin, TX): Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium = 100,119
9. University of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA): LA Memorial Coliseum = 93,607 seats
10. University of Georgia (Athens, GA): Sanford Stadium = 92,746 seats

I cannot see anything other than a 5th round pick being worth it for us.

I'm a Buckeye graduate and huge OSU fan, I've seen Cardale Jones play as much as anyone.  I remember watching his recruiting film before he got to OSU and my first comparison is the one I still believe is true and that's Ben Roethlesberger.  He's a giant man with plenty of mobility, but he can keep his eyes down field and has the arm strength to get it there.

I also think that the Jamarcus Russell comparison is lazy, and that his intelligence being questioned isn't exactly right.  He's still a bit immature, but he handled  this season coming back and losing the job to JT Barrett like a pro.  Truth is Urban Meyers best offense is not a vertical attack but one in which you need to option the run and swing the ball laterally.  Barret is just infinitely better than Jones at making the QB option read and he's also a better ball handler for sweeps, jets, pitches etc...

The problem with Jones is that he's indecisive with the ball at times, and his ball handling can be downright sloppy.  When things breaks down he doesn't have the patience to just go down and tries to let his athleticism make a miracle play.  I remember fearing this vs Alabama, I can only imagine what an All-Pro defensive end would do to him.

He's got a big arm, and all the physical tools.  I just don't think he has the killer instinct to be 100% focused on EVERY SINGLE PLAY, which is imperative at this level.  Also like I said before, he's sloppy with the ball and would turn the ball over a ton.  If he wasn't able to handle Urban Meyers set of sweeps, jets, pitches with ease, I don't think he'll be sharp enough with NFL play action.

I know I'm rambling here, but the ideal scenario for him is a QB rich team like the Panthers or Packers late in the draft.  No pressure and just learn as much as possible.

42 minutes ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

Good fun, and plenty of talent at the tailgate parties

Top 10 stadiums;
1. University of Michigan — Ann Arbor (Ann Arbor, MI): Michigan Stadium = 107,601 seats
2. Pennsylvania State University — University Park (University Park, PA): Beaver Stadium = 106,572 seats
3. Ohio State University — Columbus (Columbus, OH): Ohio Stadium = 104,944 seats
4. Texas A&M University — College Station (College Station, TX): Kyle Field = 102,733
5. University of Tennessee at Knoxville (Knoxville, TN): Neyland Stadium = 102,455 seats
6. Louisiana State University — Baton Rouge (Baton Rouge, LA): Tiger Stadium = 102,321 seats
7. The University of Alabama (Tuscaloosa, AL): Bryant-Denny Stadium = 101,821 seats
8. The University of Texas at Austin (Austin, TX): Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium = 100,119
9. University of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA): LA Memorial Coliseum = 93,607 seats
10. University of Georgia (Athens, GA): Sanford Stadium = 92,746 seats

They all have one thing in common, I have never been to any of them. Hope to get an RV one day and hit them all!

10 hours ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

Jones and Devin Smith had undeniable chemistry.  Smith is a deep ball home run hitter and Jones can friggin chuck it and accurately to down the field.   Fitz can barely throw 15 yards and Geno is as accurate as Shaq at the free throw line

6 hours ago, bitonti said:

Lynch is not further along than Petty either

Its funny because I love these comparisons. The bottom line is no one knows what these guys will do when they get their chance to play in the Pro's. Its like the Tom Brady Effect if anyone knew what he was he certainly would not have been a 6th round draft choice. In a sense Brady and the Pats lucked out because what happened to Bledsoe made the damn decision for them or Tom Brady might never have seen the field, ever. 

On 4/25/2016 at 5:34 PM, Smashmouth said:

Its funny because I love these comparisons. The bottom line is no one knows what these guys will do when they get their chance to play in the Pro's. Its like the Tom Brady Effect if anyone knew what he was he certainly would not have been a 6th round draft choice. In a sense Brady and the Pats lucked out because what happened to Bledsoe made the damn decision for them or Tom Brady might never have seen the field, ever. 

Tom Brady is the greatest cheater in the history of the game. That's why there's never been a 6th round FQB, before or since. Occam's razor. 

On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 7:18 PM, Tony The Wiz said:

Jones is worst than Geno. Is this answer your question.

And they are both probably more intelligent than you.   I believe the words you are looking for would be "worse" and "does".

Archived