Gruden's QB Camp - Christian Hackenberg

Vader

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my hands are 9.5" by that standard, and I can palm a basketball easily

I think its a silly measurement.  I would rather measure the "grip" between the thumb and middle finger and ring finger.  the pinky doesn't have a lot to do with throwing or holding a ball

14 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Holy fuuck, get off your high horse already.

Lol, no.

Getting DECENT seasons out of complete JAGOFFS like Fitz, Thigpen and Kordell is PROOF.

Then we have different ideas of what developing a QB looks like, and what success with a young QB looks like.

There might not be a better guy to develop Hackenberg especially since he will create an offense just for his strengths.

No one better, eh?  O'Brian (his former coach under whom he had his only success) might be better, wouldn't you say?  Interesting the he preferred Osweiller.

I think that no one agrees with you and just petulantly screaming for "proof" is not debate.

I think people who claim something should support it.  If those Thigpen type years are considered proof, then we disagree of what "QB Guru" means or what success means.

Especially since your posts themselves back up the strength of Gailey with QBs

Only if you think getting below-average performance from bad talent makes one a "guru".

I like Chan, honestly, but I don't see a Hackenberg like situation in his resume that worked out well.

On Saturday, April 30, 2016 at 8:50 AM, JetPotato said:

I'm all for the optimism, but the "bad coaching" aspect has me thinking... what confidence do we have that Bowles and co. have the right people in place to fix and develop a young QB?

it's a good point. have the jets ever developed a qb before? if that's what the jets approach going forward is kudos to them, because as we know landing a blue chip (franchise) QB in the draft is not very likely.  i like this pick for that reason., but at the same time the jets have to get better at developing qbs.

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

No one better, eh?  O'Brian (his former coach under whom he had his only success) might be better, wouldn't you say?  Interesting the he preferred Osweiller.

It's not fair to surmise that he PREFERRED Osweiller. While it could be true, there are many other moving parts.

Even if he preferred Hackenberg there was no guarantee the Texans would be able to draft him. They may have been of the mind to just grab a QB while they could. What if the Texans didn't sign Osweiller while they could and another team drafted Hackenberg before them? What if they did draft Hackenberg after signing Osweiller? Then they would have a situation like the Eagles do. Lastly, the GM may have overridden his preference.

3 minutes ago, Jet Blast said:

It's not fair to surmise that he PREFERRED Osweiller. While it could be true, there are many other moving parts.

Even if he preferred Hackenberg there was no guarantee the Texans would be able to draft him. They may have been of the mind to just grab a QB while they could. What if the Texans didn't sign Osweiller while they could and another team drafted Hackenberg before them? What if they did draft Hakenberg after signing Osweiller? Then they would have a situation like the Eagles do. Lastly, the GM may have overridden his preference.

1) no guarantee the texans could draft him.

2) texans made playoffs last year and don't want a rookie starter this year.

3) o'brien is only the coach not the gm or owner.

4) kubiak has a relationship with osweiler from his denver days.

5) paying osweiler was a better move than giving up mega picks like the rams or eagles did.

Archived