ESPN Grades the Offseason

CrazyCarl40

2 hours ago, Mainejet said:

And you know that I am only figuratively speaking how? Were you out on the field when he was getting knocked into oblivion? When he was so woozy he had to be helped over to the sideline? But yet you still know he was able to control his bodily functions? You're an amateur it seems when it comes to debate, so I'll let you think you won this debate of jibberish. You win.

Did you see any sh*t stains seeping through his uniform? Please post this proof, unless you are alleging he vomited the feces he'd eaten before the game, and that's the sh*t that you claim literally got knocked out of him.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Did you see any sh*t stains seeping through his uniform? Please post this proof, unless you are alleging he vomited the feces he'd eaten before the game, and that's the sh*t that you claim literally got knocked out of him.

Like I said, if you want to argue about something as minor and trivial as the difference between literally and figuratively then you are the idiot with nothing else to debate. You win I lose. Now go back to bed.

Well, there you have it... The media just said the Jets sucked a$$ this offseason and you guys are in total denial. Is there ever a moment when you guys ever accept scathing criticism of your team? Or is it just because your team is never wrong that it's always someone else's fault?

Well, there you have it... The media just said the Jets sucked a$$ this offseason and you guys are in total denial. Is there ever a moment when you guys ever accept scathing criticism of your team? Or is it just because your team is never wrong that it's always someone else's fault?

It's the green kool aide.

2 hours ago, legler82 said:

1)  Gailey prefers multiple WR sets vs utilizing TEs in the passing game and Amaro will be back this year.

2)  I wrote before Mac prefers to draft OLs in the mid to late rounds and have them develop into starters.  You may not like that approach, but attention is being paid.

With regards to the "small fry linebacker", Bowles has already pretty much confirmed that Lee was drafted to play the MoneyBacker role is sub packages which we will probably run twice as much as our base.  Personally, I don't believe in drafting sub package players in the first round, but I know there is a method to the madness.

First of all, the idea that Gailey uses multiple WR sets instead of the TE and doesn't care about the TE is complete BS. Please tell me the next time ANY team wins the SB without a real world, pass catching and blocking TE. Amaro is a f*cking joke that can't catch a cold and cannot block to save his life. He'll get surpassed on the depth chart by Sudfeld, not that he's any real live solution either.

Brandon Shell is not a starter, nor will he ever be. He'll be depth at best. Meanwhile, the OL was completely neglected in the short term. A very shaky and suspect OL that already had many questions, now has more questions and Mac did NOTHING to confront that. The approach SUCKS in fact and netting depth in mid to late round draft choices is just that - DEPTH, but certainly not starters which is what this teams needs to begin with......

1 hour ago, Mainejet said:

Did they literally or figuratively say the Jets sucked ass? Like, did they just say it was not a good offseason, or did they say the jets offseason opened up and lips on ass, sucked?

3 hours ago, BowlesMovement said:

Did they literally or figuratively say the Jets sucked ass? Like, did they just say it was not a good offseason, or did they say the jets offseason opened up and lips on ass, sucked?

the question remains however, whose ass did the Jets suck? the "suckee", if you will. And which Jets did the sucking?

5 hours ago, Mainejet said:

Haven't scrolled through all of this yet but if I read this post right:

when the media criticizes the Jets we should give their point validity.

you are also one of the loudest voices denying the accolades to Mac for winning the Executive of the Year.

Stop talking out of both sides of your mouth ... Which is it ... Does what the media say matter or doesn't it?

8 hours ago, ljr said:

Haven't scrolled through all of this yet but if I read this post right:

when the media criticizes the Jets we should give their point validity.

you are also one of the loudest voices denying the accolades to Mac for winning the Executive of the Year.

Stop talking out of both sides of your mouth ... Which is it ... Does what the media say matter or doesn't it?

No. Mac won Executive of the year. I personally would not have given that award to him, but I don't make those decisions. So he won it and it is legitimate. I am just wondering how much importance fans will give to it after this season and the Jets have gone 6-10, maybe 5-11? 

21 minutes ago, Mainejet said:

No. Mac won Executive of the year. I personally would not have given that award to him, but I don't make those decisions. So he won it and it is legitimate. I am just wondering how much importance fans will give to it after this season and the Jets have gone 6-10, maybe 5-11? 

fans are idiots as well as the media.  we never want to give anyone time, the best organizations give their HC's and GMs time, it's why we are always stuck in the cycle of mediocrity. 

4 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

fans are idiots as well as the media.  we never want to give anyone time, the best organizations give their HC's and GMs time, it's why we are always stuck in the cycle of mediocrity. 

Well, Jets fans never have John Idzik enough time and quite frankly I agree with it. If after this season and the Jets finish the season at 6-10 or 5-11, will you still think Mac should be given 7? 8? 10? years to finally unf*ck the team and get us in the SB? With that said, Marvin Lewis has been the HC of the Cincinnati Bengals since 2003 and the Bengals have still NEVER won the SB.

10 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

while I wholeheartedly agree, I would argue we also have made a lot of painfully bad choices as well. The bottom line is we have had pretty horrid ownership for most of our franchise history, and it all starts at the top.

24 minutes ago, Mainejet said:

Well, Jets fans never have John Idzik enough time and quite frankly I agree with it. If after this season and the Jets finish the season at 6-10 or 5-11, will you still think Mac should be given 7? 8? 10? years to finally unf*ck the team and get us in the SB? With that said, Marvin Lewis has been the HC of the Cincinnati Bengals since 2003 and the Bengals have still NEVER won the SB.

Idzik was a rare case, he got himself fired w/ that rambling press conference.  

Lewis has never won a playoff game but he gets them there every year and that franchise was horrible before he took over. 

20 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

while I wholeheartedly agree, I would argue we also have made a lot of painfully bad choices as well. The bottom line is we have had pretty horrid ownership for most of our franchise history, and it all starts at the top.

I think hess was a terrible owner for the team but good for fans b/c he didn't gouge us on tickets, I think Woody is the opposite.  Good owner for the team but terrible for the fans as he gouges us.

36 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

best gms take the best players-elway a hall of famer and a superbowl winning gm took Lynch, we took the sh*tty qb nobody wanted just like when we took Kenny O over Marino

Fans are not idiots always either-watch video the Jets passing on Sapp for Kyle Brady-the entire place (I was there) was screaming for Sapp

Just now, kmnj said:

best gms take the best players-elway a hall of famer and a superbowl winning gm took Lynch, we took the sh*tty qb nobody wanted just like when we took Kenny O over Marino

Fans are not idiots always either-watch video the Jets passing on Sapp for Kyle Brady-the entire place (I was there) was screaming for Sapp

Elway has done a great job so far but the jury is out on Lynch.  we'll see.  

O'Brien over marino was b/c of drug rumors and we didn't take hack over Lynch.

Fans are idiots, sometimes fans are right such as w/ Brady-Sapp but the draft is a crapshoot and teams often times don't know what will happen while fans boo or cheer wildly based on a player they may have heard of.  I am glad the draft is out of NY so we can stop seeing our fellow Jet fans make the rest of us look stupid by embarrassing us every year.

5 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Idzik was a rare case, he got himself fired w/ that rambling press conference.  

Lewis has never won a playoff game but he gets them there every year and that franchise was horrible before he took over. 

I think hess was a terrible owner for the team but good for fans b/c he didn't gouge us on tickets, I think Woody is the opposite.  Good owner for the team but terrible for the fans as he gouges us.

REALLY? so I guess going 4-12 had nothing to do with it? The PC had nothing to do with it, it's because the Jets SUCKED and the fans wanted a much better product.

18 minutes ago, Mainejet said:

REALLY? so I guess going 4-12 had nothing to do with it? The PC had nothing to do with it, it's because the Jets SUCKED and the fans wanted a much better product.

it was the PC, trust me.    4-12 was part of his plan, he wanted Rex gone.  he was preparing for that offseason but he never got to oversee it.

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

I don't think anything about Woody has been good as an owner, absolutely nothing. He is a clueless idiot with winning being his secondary or tertiary motivation.

15 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

I don't think anything about Woody has been good as an owner, absolutely nothing. He is a clueless idiot with winning being his secondary or tertiary motivation.

I think he's been really good especially compared to what we had as far as on field product.  again, to the fans he gouges us so it's different but all I care about is wins and losses and we have 6 PO apps w/ Woody in 16 seasons while we had only 8 in 40 years previously.

2 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

I think he's been really good especially compared to what we had as far as on field product.  again, to the fans he gouges us so it's different but all I care about is wins and losses and we have 6 PO apps w/ Woody in 16 seasons while we had only 8 in 40 years previously.

Comparing Woody's PO record to Hess's is not how I really want to judge the owner. I understand the gouging, and I accept that sports are a business. What I cannot except is his making decisions based on who he likes, or forcing Tim Tebow on the team for attention. Owners should hire the best football people they can, and stay the fk away. Woody craves attention, not to Snyder or Jones level, but he very much wants to be a part of the team, and pal around with the HC and GM.

2 hours ago, kmnj said:

I think we've reached the point where every one of your posts compares Paxton Lynch to Marino. We get it. You're on the record. And now we'll see what happens. 

1 hour ago, BowlesMovement said:

Comparing Woody's PO record to Hess's is not how I really want to judge the owner. I understand the gouging, and I accept that sports are a business. What I cannot except is his making decisions based on who he likes, or forcing Tim Tebow on the team for attention. Owners should hire the best football people they can, and stay the fk away. Woody craves attention, not to Snyder or Jones level, but he very much wants to be a part of the team, and pal around with the HC and GM.

I don't buy the tebow thing for attention, the old "Tebow will sell PSLs" BS we heard.  that's nonsense, there's not a person alive foolish enough to get fleeced for a PSL at that awful stadium b/c of the presence of tim tebow.  Tebow was brought in to play the Brad Smith role which we didn't have in 2011.  it didn't work out.

woody doesn't make any decisions other than hiring and retaining the staff.  jerry Jones makes personnel decisions and probably coaching decisions too, Woody does not do that.

2 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

I don't buy the tebow thing for attention, the old "Tebow will sell PSLs" BS we heard.  that's nonsense, there's not a person alive foolish enough to get fleeced for a PSL at that awful stadium b/c of the presence of tim tebow.  Tebow was brought in to play the Brad Smith role which we didn't have in 2011.  it didn't work out.

woody doesn't make any decisions other than hiring and retaining the staff.  jerry Jones makes personnel decisions and probably coaching decisions too, Woody does not do that.

Yeah, I disagree.... If we just signed Brad Smith, I highly doubt we would trot him out for a press conference the way Woody trotted out Tebow. 

32 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

Yeah, I disagree.... If we just signed Brad Smith, I highly doubt we would trot him out for a press conference the way Woody trotted out Tebow. 

he was just coming off that great run with denver, he was huge at that monent but he as never brought here to be a QB.

Archived