Competent coaching could equal competent players

Villain The Foe

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, jetrider said:

It still wasn't a guaranteed first down. McKnight turned around and stopped two yards short and if the ball hit him that very nanosecond he still had work to do.

And he couldn't wait for the ball either, it had to already be there (perfectly timed laser). 

Those are facts, your crap is hypothetical. He might've gotten the first down but not "absolutely."

Would've been better to take the route and cushion past the marker - the original argument - then all is needed is a catch.

No, the ONLY facts are 

1) Sanchez made the wrong read given the play and defense

2) Sanchez threw the ball late

Your entire case is the hypiothetical one, not mine 

9 hours ago, win4ever said:

I do think systems make a large difference when it comes to QB performance.  I think I mentioned this last year, but might as well say it again.  Short sample size example, so not 100% reliable.  

Mark Sanchez's stats with the Jets and Eagles:

QB Rating:  71.7 with Jets.  86.6 with Eagles.  That's a 15 point uptick in performance.  Or a 20% improvement essentially.  

Y/G:  195 with Jets.  233 with Eagles.   Almost 20% uptick as well.   

TD/G%:  3.6% with Jets.  4.5% with Eagles.  25% uptick.  

Completion %:  55.1% with Jets.  64.3 with Eagles.  Almost 17% uptick from the Jets.  

let me guess, INT % wasn't listed cause it wasn't as flattering?

4 hours ago, Jetster said:

This is a great point regarding Vick. Vick was absolutely HORRIFIC in our system & with the players we had on offense. It was f*cking UNWATCHABLE! Every single poster on Jetnation said "Vick is Done!".

Than he goes to a real organization & holds the fort while throwing to actual pro football players,lol. You can't make this sh*t up. Personally, I think when the talent pool slipped, Rex & Marty coasted knowing the jig was up & they were going to be exposed in the sense they have very little TEACHING ABILITY. Hand them a group of veterans & off they go but give them a group that truly needs to be coached up & they suck! Belichick can coach circles around those guys. The Jets succeeded in 2009 & 2010 because Rex was blessed with the BEST OFFENSIVE LINE IN FOOTBALL!  And he had maybe the best 2 years a CB has EVER put together in Revis. Just go back & look at the WRs Revis took out of those games BY HIMSELF with no help allowing Rex an extra defender to do with as he pleased.

Absolutely, we had a stellar defense in 09 and 10 and a hall of fame O line, and all we got was 2 embarrassing losses in championship games.  Rex will last 3 to 4 years in Buffalo before they realize he is cow chips, he finds a way to lose4 to 5 games a year by himself, for all his blabbering and bluster he manages to take any offense down with him, from an offensive stand point he make Schotty look intelligent, which is very hard to do.  Bowles learned to keep his nose out of the O equation last season after the 5 game losing streak, that was one of 

the many benefits the Jets gained from that losing streak.

1 hour ago, Greenseed4 said:

Every time I've ever thrown Joe McKnight a football he throws up all over the place.  So who knows what would've happened. 

He's trying out for my hometown CFL team (Edmonton) this year along with Jacoby Ford as a matter of fact.

12 hours ago, Mainejet said:

Our CS and FO sucks a$$. They are very clearly NOT competent. Therefore, there's NO way in hell this team even so much as has a winning record. GUARANTEED.

What is your issue? Seriously, you talk about trading down ect., well you need someone to trade with. You give your ideas of what they SHOULD have done like anyone here gives a sh*t. You put down Macc & Bowles after 1 year at the helm. We're coming off a 10-6 season, I can't even imagine what you'd be saying if we were 8-8 last year. Every year is different in the NFL, no one knows how teams will perform next year. 

Archived