Kingmaker Mafia - Game Thread

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I'll take it as a compliment!  lol.  I actively tried to spend the whole game sitting in the middle.  Not scummy enough to get lynched (at least till late in the game), but not townie enough to get NK'd.  In that respect, my plan worked.  If only I'd pulled the trigger on the right person in my Top 2.

First time back, was so paranoid about literally everything.  Ultimately, had one big decision to make, and I made the wrong one.  Well done by AVM.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Just now, gEYno said:

First time back, was so paranoid about literally everything.  Ultimately, had one big decision to make, and I made the wrong one.  Well done by AVM.

Yep.  His defense of Lily was freaking brilliant.  He seemed so genuine.

I'm so paranoid of everyone now.  This game will only serve to advance my insanity.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, gEYno said:

The self doubt actually held me up with you as scum.  But I went back and reviewed the rest of your stuff and felt good again.

The self doubt was really more specifically for 80.  I felt like I was truthfully his choice at that time, so I did what I thought was best.  At the end, I was worried I telegraphed it...but again I didn't feel like I had much choice.

Just now, JiF said:

Screw you!!!! I had you dead of rights and let you off the hook, just like I did Smash.  Luckily I'm so damn good I still killed Decker. :)

When you were made king, I got pretty nervous.  When Crush told you to hold on a sec, he thought you should kill me?  I knew I was done.

Surviving that as well as the choice with Lily was tough.

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Can you at least provide a summation?

Sure.

1.  RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

2.  Oh ****, I can't edit my QT posts.

3.  ???

4.  Profit

7 minutes ago, JiF said:

Thanks for the game Verbal.

I enjoyed it. 

The real **** up with Pac.  Town would have cruised to victory if that ****ed wasnt the Kingmaker for so long.

Dude, you played really well.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I'm so paranoid of everyone now.  This game will only serve to advance my insanity.

Plot Twist:  it was a bastard game intended to do exactly this to my nemesis.

I win!

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Leelou said:

And yes, I bussed most of my team. 

Ahem...we bussed most of our team.

Seriously, I felt like I couldn't keep screaming I bussed all 3 without looking like scum wanting to get credit but every time I saw "Good job Nyn and Leelou" on snagging scum I couldn't help but the WTF IS THIS S***?!

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Win or lose, this is all that really mattered

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Verbal said:

Plot Twist:  it was a bastard game intended to do exactly this to my nemesis.

I win!

Talia al Ghul: Vengeance...is simply a reward for my patience...
[Verbal twists the knife in 80's side]
Talia al Ghul: You see, it's the slow knife... the knife that takes its time, the knife that waits years without forgetting, then slips quietly between the bones... that's the knife that cuts deepest.
  • Upvote 2

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Talia al Ghul: Vengeance...is simply a reward for my patience...
[Verbal twists the knife in 80's side]
Talia al Ghul: You see, it's the slow knife... the knife that takes its time, the knife that waits years without forgetting, then slips quietly between the bones... that's the knife that cuts deepest.

So you're saying Verb is confirmed lady?

• Upvote 1

Just now, AVM said:

Ahem...we bussed most of our team.

Seriously, I felt like I couldn't keep screaming I bussed all 3 without looking like scum wanting to get credit but every time I saw "Good job Nyn and Leelou" on snagging scum I couldn't help but the WTF IS THIS S***?!

You did an awesome job bussing! 

• Upvote 1

Just now, gEYno said:

I was surprised it was 5.  I think that number allows you to basically split up into two teams, one out front, and one in deep cover, in my mind, makes it significantly harder than 4.

Well, to be fair, they were roleless.  We also managed to get our Doc killed D1.  That was huge from a balance perspective.

18 minutes ago, gEYno said:

I was surprised it was 5.  I think that number allows you to basically split up into two teams, one out front, and one in deep cover, in my mind, makes it significantly harder than 4.

Also don't forget the scum couldn't achieve parity like it other games - 1 to lynch due to the King mechanic meant scum had to go much deeper into the game to remove both Kingmakers and bring the game to a standard lynch.

23 minutes ago, Verbal said:

Also don't forget the scum couldn't achieve parity like it other games - 1 to lynch due to the King mechanic meant scum had to go much deeper into the game to remove both Kingmakers and bring the game to a standard lynch.

Did they need to remove the kingmaker?  I feel like ideally they'd earn trust and kingship.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Did they need to remove the kingmaker?  I feel like ideally they'd earn trust and kingship.

That was my thought as well.  Seemed to me that it would ultimately be a good thing for scum to avoid traditional lynches and keep the run of kings going.  The only thing they had to worry about was hitting the Hero, a possibility you unfortunately removed with your claim, lol.