Kingmaker Mafia - Game Thread

And I feel like I rarely get lynched, at least early on.  I did (lets say did for now, at least) have a bad tendency to show my ass as scum, but it's been a while since I made a post obviously protecting a scummy suspect and got speed lynched for it :P

However if we play kingmaker again and JiF is king early on, I predict that will change :rl: 

2 minutes ago, AVM said:

And I feel like I rarely get lynched, at least early on.  I did (lets say did for now, at least) have a bad tendency to show my ass as scum, but it's been a while since I made a post obviously protecting a scummy suspect and got speed lynched for it :P

However if we play kingmaker again and JiF is king early on, I predict that will change :rl: 

We're toast the next few games. :rl:

• Upvote 2

Speaking of which, assuming leelou has the time (which I'll let her answer) I have a co-mod but I need the weekend for setting up the game, thinking of a solid theme and working through all that.

I do like more unique setups, but I at least want to go to something that's more normal -- so no crazy cops game or something along those lines, and I'll promise no cults as much as I love to mod a cult game lol

And before I forget, @Verbal I enjoyed the game and appreciate the attempt at something new.  Makes you think things out differently...though as scum, perhaps it was easier to see things that way rather than be frustrated (which I get, too).

Oh and rule 14

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, JiF said:

Pac be like; not enough trees, doesnt remind me of home, there is no character - so I'll stay home.

weird..  look who was on another coolest small town in america list and finished 4th.  that's right the one I live in.  that's in addition to finishing in top 10 places to live in the country a few years ago. 

http://www.budgettravel.com/contest/we-need-you-to-vote-for-the-coolest-small-town-in-america,25/#_

keep thinking flat highways and filthy waters is "paradise".

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, JiF said:

Thanks for the game Verbal.

I enjoyed it. 

The real **** up with Pac.  Town would have cruised to victory if that ****ed wasnt the Kingmaker for so long.

Hey I chose nothing but townies for King including you, putz.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

YAAAAAASSSSSS!

How is everyone? Game looks over now, right?

^^this guy gets it

Good man, hope the vacation was awesome. If you want the cliff notes: confusion, emo, Crusher takes control, more emo, lots of anger, more emo, and EY thinks Im @Dan., apparently.

Oh and Verb sucks. So you know...pretty standard game.

• Upvote 4

oh and I didn't want to talk about it in game and impact anyone's decisions but a few days after the game started one of my best friends growing up od'd and was on life support for a week.  I was going to hospital every night after work and obviously not posting much.  They wound up pulling the plug.  His funeral was last week and I had to write a speech and give it during the service.  His mom loved it and I got a lot of hugs and thank yous.

I'm not saying any of this for sympathy or sorry's...  just saying why I was barely posting.  Although I hadn't hung around with him that much in the last 15 years it hurt pretty bad.  But it did give me an opportunity to have the discussion with my son about what happens when you choose the path of hard drugs.

25 minutes ago, Pac said:

oh and I didn't want to talk about it in game and impact anyone's decisions but a few days after the game started one of my best friends growing up od'd and was on life support for a week.  I was going to hospital every night after work and obviously not posting much.  They wound up pulling the plug.  His funeral was last week and I had to write a speech and give it during the service.  His mom loved it and I got a lot of hugs and thank yous.

I'm not saying any of this for sympathy or sorry's...  just saying why I was barely posting.  Although I hadn't hung around with him that much in the last 15 years it hurt pretty bad.  But it did give me an opportunity to have the discussion with my son about what happens when you choose the path of hard drugs.

I know you said you weren't looking for sympathy, but I'm sorry anyway. That's rough. 

39 minutes ago, Pac said:

My thoughts and prayers to you and yours.

5 hours ago, Pac said:

Sorry you had to go through that Pac ....very nice that you spoke to everyone at the service that can't be easy I'm sure.

9 hours ago, Pac said:

weird..  look who was on another coolest small town in america list and finished 4th.  that's right the one I live in.  that's in addition to finishing in top 10 places to live in the country a few years ago. 

http://www.budgettravel.com/contest/we-need-you-to-vote-for-the-coolest-small-town-in-america,25/#_

Coolest small town ftw

8 hours ago, Pac said:

Sorry for your loss Pac.  Prayers to your friend those that loved him.

3 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Pac you are freakin hilarious where are those pics taken that's a beautiful area.

That's where I live (Fairport, NY).  Those are pictures of main st in the village which is about a 20 min walk for me to get to via the canal path.

10 hours ago, Pac said:

When I think of the authority on travel/lifestyle, I look to 6.7% of readers of BudgetTravel.com.

Are you two still debating the merits of a Florida trailer park vs. Yeti country?

• Upvote 1

Sorry to hear that, Pac.

Thanks for playing, everybody.  I like modding unique setups (hence the bastard mod thing I have going on), and challenging players to think differently.  Overall, I think you guys figured out how to best approach the game as it went on.  Some bad luck in the beginning made it easier for scum to close the game out, but it was close for a while.

As for some of the emo......meh.  Not going to re-hash it, so I'll just say this:  This is just a game.  When I wore a younger man's clothes (anybody get the reference?), I cared more about winning and having a postive w/l record.  Now?  Now I just have fun hanging with my internet buddies and essentially e-shooting the sh*t.  I want to win, but I'd rather lose and have some good laughs than win in a boring game.  That's why I try to bring unique games to you guys once in a while - to keep it fresh and let us have some laughs about how annoying my games can be (making you think more), lol.

I hope you guys had fun and I know I said I won't mod anymore on JN, but.....**** that.  I lied.  I'll be modding again prob this summer with a choice for you guys:

1.  a bastard game designed to allow me to mod you while taunting you and misdirecting you; or

2.  a game literally called "chaos" that has every ******* role, including the kitchen sink, thrown in and I can guarantee absolutely no chance at real balance - a swingy game in the extreme

Up to you.

tl;dr

/BG'd

• Upvote 1