Kingmaker Mafia - Game Thread

Oh and AVM gets points for saying that 80 was one of his suspects when 80 asked him for his top 3. I can respect that. EY on the other hand restricted himself to the options 80 gave vs giving his reads. He had Crusher and 80 both as top lynching candidates but when 80 became king he just fell in with 80's plan and candidates. If he was legitimately scum reading Crusher he should have tried to do something. Anything. He doesn't care. 

2 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

Oh and AVM gets points for saying that 80 was one of his suspects when 80 asked him for his top 3. I can respect that. EY on the other hand restricted himself to the options 80 gave vs giving his reads. He had Crusher and 80 both as top lynching candidates but when 80 became king he just fell in with 80's plan and candidates. If he was legitimately scum reading Crusher he should have tried to do something. Anything. He doesn't care. 

EY has also been doing some "buddying" up to me while I've been King.  Praising my Smash pick (which Crusher called him out on), repping me when I said I didn't think his behavior regarding Smash was indicative as scum, calling himself my "frenemy", etc.....he could very well be scum using his Psychology jedi mind tricks on me this whole time.  It's why I've never truly ruled him out of being scum and had him in the middle instead.

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

EY has also been doing some "buddying" up to me while I've been King.  Praising my Smash pick (which Crusher called him out on), repping me when I said I didn't think his behavior regarding Smash was indicative as scum, calling himself my "frenemy", etc.....he could very well be scum using his Psychology jedi mind tricks on me this whole time.  It's why I've never truly ruled him out of being scum and had him in the middle instead.

I could have been wrong. Maybe he faps to your picture.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Nynaeve said:

I'll keep reposting this quote repeatedly because.... come on. Smash was in his top 3, but when he had to pick a top candidate when 80 was king for the first time, he went with Lily over Smash. JC he was less interested in lynching and haven't actually talked about AT ALL up until that point. No idea if he spoke about AVM, but I have every intention on checking later today.

Having your teammates spread out is sort of a "go to" method. Usually you have one in your suspects, that you conveniently dance around (like EY did irt Smash), one in the nulls and one in the town read area. I know he blabbed on about this not being a read list, but lynching order is equivalent in my eyes because at the end of the day it displays who you think is most likely scum and should be lynched next, no? If there are 5 scum out there, I'd say his teammate is one of JC/AVM purely on placement.

FTR, 80, you said it seemed earnest that AVM would defend Lily. But Lily was imo a more prominent pick for you because you felt iffy about her (as did others), where he was more mentioned as a deep wolf option by most, vs actually being scummy. She was most likely getting lynched and if he knew her alignment beforehand, it would behoove him to defend her. It's a smart play I've seen done before (Lee, if you recall, the minions game and what Shad did, defending Eldrick). 

JC is a tough one. Like I've legitimately never seen him be this extensive in rereading stuff but at the same time he only had eyes for Smash the majority of the game and the only real thing he has going for him is that he was right about him. Also EY attempted some subtle nudges in my general direction and I'm not sure how I feel about JC starting to nudge too. I don't mind the questions, per say, but I would have expected them to come early on when he was trying to read me... vs putting me in his town read and then only starting to question me recently. Seems really backwards to me. Where were all those questions when Halli flipped?  For a while I wondered if they were keeping Lizzie alive to try something because of his god awful reads, but I'm guessing they chose a different direction.

Gun to head? I'd say it's EY/JC. Mostly based on EY's actions. But I need to reread some stuff irt EY/AVM interactions too.

FTR...I voted Hallia early...kept the town's radar on Smash...I contributed as much as others...yes, I went back and re-read, especially you...because your are universally town read at this point...and I still do not like the exchange with Calder and then a quick move to Hallia without explanation...not saying your actions scream scum...just do not like taking it for granted that you are town.  You're are more than capable to pull off some kind of gambit...and deep wolf hunting has a high value when we are up against it like we are now.  The challenge with Verbal's Kingmaker format is the inability to clear the King.  For instance, 80 did execute scum but this action alone does not safely put him in the town pile just like your push on Hallia or my insistence on Smash clears either of us.  So that means we town need to read, reread and make sure we put the game flow in proper perspective.

Sorry for the wait... It's my fault... So, here's the deal.  I'm the second Kingmaker.  To vet myself, my first choice for King today is AVM.  I trust her the most of anyone right now, though this could be a mistake.  The second choice, should AVM be NK'd is JC.  I'm hopeful that 80 is the one who's killed.  If he's not, we really need to wonder why that is.  Could he have bussed his teammates for a spectacular end game?

As for me, coming into a game I haven't played in a long time, where I didn't know anyone, and those that I did, I hadn't played with for a while, I figured my only strategy would be to survive, and eventually things would click.  In time, I got lucky and was made Kingmaker.  Regardless of that, my plan was quite simple, be scummy enough to not get NK'd, and innocent enough to survive the days.

The NK will be interesting.  

1 minute ago, Jetscode1 said:

FTR...I voted Hallia early...kept the town's radar on Smash...I contributed as much as others...yes, I went back and re-read, especially you...because your are universally town read at this point...and I still do not like the exchange with Calder and then a quick move to Hallia without explanation...not saying your actions scream scum...just do not like taking it for granted that you are town.  You're are more than capable to pull off some kind of gambit...and deep wolf hunting has a high value when we are up against it like we are now.  The challenge with Verbal's Kingmaker format is the inability to clear the King.  For instance, 80 did execute scum but this action alone does not safely put him in the town pile just like your push on Hallia or my insistence on Smash clears either of us.  So that means we town need to read, reread and make sure we put the game flow in proper perspective.

FTR, I had every intention to move back to Calder closer to deadline and I said as much even after Calder's flip. I never stopped suspecting Calder at any point. I just applied pressure on another suspicion. 

I will try to ISO you thoroughly when I have a chance. Like I said, I'm not great at reading you so I'm far from being certain. But that's where I'm at right now. 

Can you please remind me who your top scum reads are atm?

8 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Sorry for the wait... It's my fault... So, here's the deal.  I'm the second Kingmaker.  To vet myself, my first choice for King today is AVM.  I trust her the most of anyone right now, though this could be a mistake.  The second choice, should AVM be NK'd is JC.  I'm hopeful that 80 is the one who's killed.  If he's not, we really need to wonder why that is.  Could he have bussed his teammates for a spectacular end game?

As for me, coming into a game I haven't played in a long time, where I didn't know anyone, and those that I did, I hadn't played with for a while, I figured my only strategy would be to survive, and eventually things would click.  In time, I got lucky and was made Kingmaker.  Regardless of that, my plan was quite simple, be scummy enough to not get NK'd, and innocent enough to survive the days.

So let me get this straight. On the day JiF was king you had 80 second on the copping board.... but then after Decker got lynched, you made 80 King? 

24 minutes ago, gEYno said:

11 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

"Her"??  LOL.

10 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

He's been calling AVM her a lot lol

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

omg that's fantastic. 

9 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

I'm sure he'll make a great Queen  lol

...son of a bitch

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, Leelou said:

AVM is a guy, but our lovely drama princess. 

That's funny.  I kind of thought everyone was saying "him" because everyone used to think it was a guy, and at one point it came out that she was a girl.  This was years ago.

7 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Didn't AVM say she was a lady years ago?  Friends with Jets Voice of Reason.

No, that was Dan :rl: she and I started in the same game.  She was the fake man who's now married to JVoR.

I can't be mad at being confused for the GOAT, though...so I'll take it :rl: 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, gEYno said:

That's funny.  I kind of thought everyone was saying "him" because everyone used to think it was a guy, and at one point it came out that she was a girl.  This was years ago.

The only thing I fake is emo.

and I'm damn good at it

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

So EY, now you don't trust 80 anymore?

I do trust 80.  I didn't think he, or anyone should be king 3 days in a row.  I was comfortable with the Lizzy kill over him, because Lizzy was confirmed town.  But, if he lives another day, I'd be a lot more uncomfortable.

7 minutes ago, Leelou said:

I'm not sure what to make of any of this yet. 

What is there to make of it?  I'm role claiming.  It's time.  When AVM is King, or AVM is dead and JC is King, you can do what you like with that information.  I thought about doing it yesterday, but I don't think it would have done much to change the outcome.

30 minutes ago, gEYno said:

AVM is a chick now?  Won't be long before her and 80 marry.  It's tradition 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, AVM said:

No, that was Dan :rl: she and I started in the same game.  She was the fake man who's now married to JVoR.

I can't be mad at being confused for the GOAT, though...so I'll take it :rl: 

Alright, so I didn't completely confabulate it.

Just now, gEYno said:

What is there to make of it?  I'm role claiming.  It's time.  When AVM is King, or AVM is dead and JC is King, you can do what you like with that information.  I thought about doing it yesterday, but I don't think it would have done much to change the outcome.

If you're being truthful? You're a moron for both claiming at night and making two of the top suspects as King/King reserve. Might as well handed the win for scum and officially beat Lizzie in the race to lameness. I'll wait for day to see if a congratulations is in order or not.