Bowles this year

BowlesMovement

13 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

Not sure why you feel the need to make every debate or argument into a personal attack.... Its tiresome. You accuse people of sh!t they didn't say, or you attack them. You made a claim that I don't know what I am watching, and I debunked that and told you I do, and probably know more than you. I am not trying to be any expert on anything. This is a Jets message board, for discussing the Jets. I make points and state my opinions. You disagree with them so you turn it into a nasty argument with personal attacks. You really ought to grow the fk up, you trash this board daily with your nonsense. I cant wait until @Maxman or another mod bans you, so I can sit back and laugh.

put him on ignore like I did

13 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

Not sure why you feel the need to make every debate or argument into a personal attack.... Its tiresome. You accuse people of sh!t they didn't say, or you attack them. You made a claim that I don't know what I am watching, and I debunked that and told you I do, and probably know more than you. I am not trying to be any expert on anything. This is a Jets message board, for discussing the Jets. I make points and state my opinions. You disagree with them so you turn it into a nasty argument with personal attacks. You really ought to grow the fk up, you trash this board daily with your nonsense. I cant wait until @Maxman or another mod bans you, so I can sit back and laugh.

Lol, WTF are you talking about?  Calling me and others out and then taking the above posts and calling them attacks?  Then tag Max and cry for a ban for your amusement?  I haven't said anything ban able, cry is a river.  You troll the board and then want the owner to ban those who disagree with you?  Put me and those who don't agree with you on ignore if you get this twisted over an posing view

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Lol, WTF are you talking about?  Calling me and others out and then taking the above posts and calling them attacks?  Then tag Max and cry for a ban for your amusement?  I haven't said anything ban able, cry is a river.  You troll the board and then want the owner to ban those who disagree with you?  Put me and those who don't agree with you on ignore if you get this twisted over an posing view

I could care less if you have an opposing view, what I care about is the way you go about it. You turn everything into a nasty argument, and fight with anyone you disagree with, and make personal attacks. You are who you are....... I have plenty of debates and civil discussions with people who have opposing point of views, you just happen to be one of many who insist on making them nasty and personal.

8 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

Im not really talking about conservative becasue of his QB. I am talking about having a game plan to run the ball on a team that generally does not stop the run well, and the team stacking the box, and the Jets running with no success despite this. Yeah, Fitz doesnt have a strong arm, but the offense had a very good intermediate passing game with Fitz, Marshall and Decker. Many games that intermediate passing game was ignored becasue they insisted on trying to run the ball into a stacked box.

To me, if its on Gailey, its on Bowles. Bowles is the HC, so the buck stops with him. Just like it did with Rex. I have never been a big Chan fan, and questioned Bowles hiring the second I heard Chan was his OC, but Bowles is the head guy.

Agree on all of your last points.

Sure but again, he's not involved with the offense.  You cant expect a guy who played defense and has only coached defense for his entire career, to all of a sudden be an expert on offensive.  You cant expect him year 1 to start telling a guy who's led Super Bowl offenses, how to run an offense.  He hired Gailey for a reason.  Bowles has zero experience with running an offense. 

This must be a master of both sides of the ball thing, is something fans make up for HC's but it doesnt actually exist in the real world.  Sure, at the end of the day if Gailey fails it is on Bowles but to expect him to be taking full control of the offense year 1, is just not realistic.  He was still learning how to be a Head Coach.  lol

Just now, JiF said:

Sure but again, he's not involved with the offense.  You cant expect a guy who played defense and has only coached defense for his entire career, to all of a sudden be an expert on offensive.  You cant expect him year 1 to start telling a guy who's led Super Bowl offenses, how to run an offense.  He hired Gailey for a reason.  Bowles has zero experience with running an offense. 

This must be a master of both sides of the ball thing, is something fans make up for HC's but it doesnt actually exist in the real world.  Sure, at the end of the day if Gailey fails it is on Bowles but to expect him to be taking full control of the offense year 1, is just not realistic.  He was still learning how to be a Head Coach.  lol

I have no desire for a HC to be a master of both sides, but I do expect them to be a leader and ultimately accountable. If I am the CEO of a company, I will likely have come from the product side, or sales side, or finance, etc. And I will likely not be a master at them all. That said, I still am ultimately responsible for the whole company. If my sales guys aren't cutting it, I need to fix it, not say, shrug, I am not a sales guy.

11 minutes ago, JiF said:

He's conservative because of his QB.  You cant be super aggressive with a QB who struggles to complete anything longer than 15 yards.  With that said, that's not on Bowles. Its on Gailey.  Fitz is on record that Bowles has nothing to do with the offense, at all.  From what I read last year, Chan gives him the game plan and basically Bowles ok's it and that's his entire interaction with the offense on a week to week basis.  Fitz said he would basically make a few comments, like, "we need to take care of the ball" or "watch out for so and so", but that's it.  

What I'd like to see from Bowles is better timeout usage, better clock management and let the best players play.  No favoritism b.s. like he pulled with Cro last year.

Lets stop with the bullsh*t myth that Fitz can't throw the ball downfield. Because if your going to make that assertion then what say you about Aaron Rodgers who is ranked 5 slots below him in air yards ?? Not to mention a lot of the QB's on this list also got better YAC yards from their receivers than Fitz did.... QB's ranked 4 to 15 are very close in relation to how far the ball travels down field so how is Fitz so close to all these big guns ??  People need to understand todays NFL the big gun slinger is going away and the shorter high percentage passing game is taking over slowly but surely. More and more QB's are throwing tons of passes to the RB's Jets fans laugh at this because they rarely watch other games to see the trends of what is actually going on. Most wont even realize that a QB like Drew Brees throws 150 to 190 passes each year to his RB's while this number has dwindled for Brees due to diminishing talent for him at the RB position its becoming a main stay in the NFL. Fitz didn't have a TE or a RB worth a crap catching the football last year other than the few games Powell played so you can expect Fitz to have a fantastic check down option with Forte and healthy Powell and Robinson. Fitz will only get better with these options and not ALWAYS having to force the ball to his WR's which were his ONLY options in this offense last year.

People on this board need to stop making up bullsh*t to constantly bash Fitz just like the three Ints in the Buffalo game One coming while Fitz was getting leveled by a Dlineman in the act of throwing and one with 7 seconds left in the game on a desperation throw.

Air yards is defined as the total distance that a football is thrown beyond the line of scrimmage to the point of reception.  Air yards is calculated by taking total passing yards and subtracting Yards After the Catch (YAC). 

CHANGE SEASON: 
Quarterback Air Yards Leaders
Rank Player Team YDS YAC Air Yards AY/Att % of Air Yards % of YAC to Total Yards
1 Carson Palmer ARI 4,671 1,774 2,897 5.39 62.0% 38.0%
2 Matt Ryan ATL 4,591 1,926 2,665 4.34 58.1% 42.0%
3 Blake Bortles JAX 4,428 1,778 2,650 4.37 59.9% 40.2%
4 Jameis Winston TB 4,042 1,514 2,528 4.73 62.5% 37.5%
5 Ben Roethlisberger PIT 3,938 1,469 2,469 5.26 62.7% 37.3%
6 Drew Brees NO 4,870 2,406 2,464 3.93 50.6% 49.4%
7 Tom Brady NE 4,770 2,399 2,371 3.80 49.7% 50.3%
8 Cam Newton CAR 3,837 1,467 2,370 4.79 61.8% 38.2%
9 Eli Manning NYG 4,432 2,095 2,337 3.78 52.7% 47.3%
10 Kirk Cousins WAS 4,166 1,908 2,258 4.16 54.2% 45.8%
11 Ryan Tannehill MIA 4,208 1,951 2,257 3.85 53.6% 46.4%
12 Russell Wilson SEA 4,024 1,818 2,206 4.57 54.8% 45.2%
13 Derek Carr OAK 3,987 1,850 2,137 3.73 53.6% 46.4%
14 Ryan Fitzpatrick NYJ 3,905 1,782 2,123 3.78 54.4% 45.6%
15 Philip Rivers SD 4,792 2,679 2,113 3.20 44.1% 55.9%
16 Tyrod Taylor BUF 3,035 1,137 1,898 4.99 62.5% 37.5%
17 Matthew Stafford DET 4,262 2,402 1,860 3.14 43.6% 56.4%
18 Jay Cutler CHI 3,659 1,808 1,851 3.83 50.6% 49.4%
19 Aaron Rodgers GB 3,821 2,025 1,796 3.14 47.0% 53.0%
20 Andy Dalton CIN 3,250 1,467 1,783 4.62 54.9% 45.1%
21 Brian Hoyer HOU 2,606 909 1,697 4.60 65.1% 34.9%
22 Sam Bradford PHI 3,725 2,048 1,677 3.15 45.0% 55.0%
23 Marcus Mariota TEN 2,818 1,184 1,634 4.42 58.0% 42.0%
24 Alex Smith KC 3,486 1,971 1,515 3.22 43.5% 56.5%
25 Teddy Bridgewater MIN 3,231 1,816 1,415 3.17 43.8% 56.2%
26 Joe Flacco BAL 2,791 1,488 1,303 3.16 46.7% 53.3%
27 Peyton Manning DEN 2,249 975 1,274 3.85 56.7% 43.4%
28 Andrew Luck IND 1,881 721 1,160 3.96 61.7% 38.3%
29 Josh McCown CLE 2,109 1,017 1,092 3.74 51.8% 48.2%
30 Brock Osweiler DEN 1,967 919 1,048 3.81 53.3% 46.7%
31 Blaine Gabbert SF 2,031 1,108 923 3.27 45.5% 54.6%
32 Matt Hasselbeck IND 1,690 798 892 3.48 52.8% 47.2

Im not sure how Fitz grades above average in these categories because Jets fans tell me he's got the worst arm in the NFL. This puts more bullsh*t to bed. 

The 21-30 yard range is essentially the border between an intermediate and a deep pass, and there are a number of different types of throws than can be made at this range.

– Alex Smith threw only 2.5% of his passes at this range, just above Robert Griffin III and Ryan Tannehill.

QB 21-30 grade

– Despite throwing the second-highest percentage of passes in this range, Colin Kaepernick ranked sixth from the bottom in the grading.

– It was a dominant effort from Tony Romo at 21-30 yards despite only a league-average 6.9% of his throws in this range.

– Teddy Bridgewater makes his second appearance at second overall (11-20 yard range), as he made the most of his 21-30 yard throws.

QB 31-40 pct

1 hour ago, BowlesMovement said:

I have no desire for a HC to be a master of both sides, but I do expect them to be a leader and ultimately accountable. If I am the CEO of a company, I will likely have come from the product side, or sales side, or finance, etc. And I will likely not be a master at them all. That said, I still am ultimately responsible for the whole company. If my sales guys aren't cutting it, I need to fix it, not say, shrug, I am not a sales guy.

Like I said, its on Bowles if Gailey fails, so he' will 100% be responsible for the success or failures of the offense.  My point was, I think him becoming more involved in the offense is going to take some time considering he never played or coached that side of the ball. 

1 hour ago, Smashmouth said:

Lets stop with the bullsh*t myth that Fitz can't throw the ball downfield. Because if your going to make that assertion then what say you about Aaron Rodgers who is ranked 5 slots below him in air yards 

Shut up.  This is so ridiculous, I'm not even.

2 hours ago, BowlesMovement said:

I could care less if you have an opposing view, what I care about is the way you go about it. You turn everything into a nasty argument, and fight with anyone you disagree with, and make personal attacks. You are who you are....... I have plenty of debates and civil discussions with people who have opposing point of views, you just happen to be one of many who insist on making them nasty and personal.

Nothing was mostly or personal

Move on already.  I have

5 hours ago, JiF said:

He's conservative because of his QB.  You cant be super aggressive with a QB who struggles to complete anything longer than 15 yards.  With that said, that's not on Bowles. Its on Gailey.  Fitz is on record that Bowles has nothing to do with the offense, at all.  From what I read last year, Chan gives him the game plan and basically Bowles ok's it and that's his entire interaction with the offense on a week to week basis.  Fitz said he would basically make a few comments, like, "we need to take care of the ball" or "watch out for so and so", but that's it.  

What I'd like to see from Bowles is better timeout usage, better clock management and let the best players play.  No favoritism b.s. like he pulled with Cro last year.

Yeah, the variable is Fitzpatrick, since we can compare Bowles's prior body of work with other...

Oh wait a minute, you did not isolate the variable!

And then went on to contradict yourself.  Your post is confusing.

3 hours ago, JiF said:

Shut up.  This is so ridiculous, I'm not even.

so you cherry picked one sentence out of my entire post to make your point ? Typical JIF    Next your going to say I think Fitz is better than Rodgers. Man you are so predictable.

3 hours ago, JiF said:

Like I said, its on Bowles if Gailey fails, so he' will 100% be responsible for the success or failures of the offense.  My point was, I think him becoming more involved in the offense is going to take some time considering he never played or coached that side of the ball. 

This ain't rocket science JIF its football a game any coach like say Rex Ryan that claims he has no understanding of the other side of the ball is an Idiot. They freaking scheme against it for Christ's sake so how could they make such a stupid statement.

3 hours ago, JiF said:

Shut up.  This is so ridiculous, I'm not even going to respond because I really cant comprehend WTF your saying

5 hours ago, JiF said:

He's conservative because of his QB.  You cant be super aggressive with a QB who struggles to complete anything longer than 15 yards. Even though the stats show Fitz is fully capable of throwing the ball downfield.

FIXED !!!

Archived