Broncos getting tired of Sanchez mistakes

AFJF

13 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

But they scored points.  The mind numbing INTs, especially the one that ended their season mean nothing.

That Sanchez was better than last years Fitz

so I've been told.

You do know that had Philly won that game they still miss the playoffs, right?

you do know their K missed not one but TWO chip shots, right?

You do know he still eld their O to 24 pts and the D allowed 27, right?  how many games should mark sanchez be expected to win when his D allows 27?

but let's ignore reality.

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

You have to use context, the gameplan against the HOTTEST team in football was very conservative.  they played it knowing Rivers would likely make the big mistake and he did.  If they opened it up more perhaps he has a better statistical game.  Remember, he didn't even attempt a 4th qtr pass as they were trying to ruin out the clock.

I am not saying he was Phil Simms SB XXI but to look at his #s and say he wasn't good just isn't being fair.

I am rooting like crazy for Fitz.  Like Mark he is a likable person which makes it easier but the reality is he has never done w/ Mark has done and until he does I will have Mark rated higher.

The run game was highly overrated by folks who just like to look at out of context stats and rankings.  He was a ROOKIE QB whose #2 WR was Chansi Stuckey the first 4 weeks(w/ Cotch as a #1) and he played excellent and we were 3-1.  we then made the trade for Braylon after game 4, Braylon was our most talented WR but he wasn't very good that 2009 season(he was great in 2010).  He had a million drops that year that hurt a rookie QB and Mark had his ups and downs as was to be expected.  year 2 Mark was really good then they stripped most of the weapons in 2011(where he had his best stat year) and after that he had nothing around him.

I discuss reality for players and teams, there's a difference.  I may be biased, I appreciate players that helped/help my team win but you are incredibly biased against him.

Playing through pain is one thing. Playing with a torn bicep is another. Favre made a mistake continuing to play while hurt. But the Jets had no reliable backup to go with, so he chanced it. It was a mistake. But when healthy he had that team at 8-3 after beating New England in Foxboro and an undefeated Titans team. You have to be fair when looking at that. The injury clearly had an impact on his performance down the stretch. If you are going to use the rookie excuse for Mark, you should it least acknowledge that Favre played thru a severe injury that clearly impacted his throws.

2 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

You build your game plan around your teams strengths as well. You don’t just look at your opponents. If the Jets felt they had a QB who could throw the ball with efficiency, accuracy, and skill then they would have thrown the ball more. It’s a moot point though because they won largely due to the defense and running game. They did the right thing and played to their strengths. They knew going into the playoffs, against better competition, that they needed to run the ball and play good defense to be successful. Sanchez was not going to be able to air it out against them. Smart job by Rex and his staff knowing that they had a rookie QB who was limited in what he could do.

Unfortunately for them, and then Philly, and now Denver, he’s remained limited in what he can do after making improvements from 2009-2010. He’s a limited QB whose a backup QB at best.

What you don’t understand about Fitz is that he is a better player at the position than Mark Sanchez is. How far Sanchez went in 2009 and 2010 is great for the Jets. Those were good seasons. But that doesn’t mean Mark Sanchez did a great job. Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl, guys like Dan Marino, and Steve McNair never did. Who would you rather have QBing your team? You can’t judge the QB based off of the teams success. Sanchez held them back in a lot of games. His one saving grace is that he played very well in both Championship games he was in and in the divisional round against New England. He elevated his game in the 2010 playoffs. But that doesn’t make a career.

they built the gameplan around making sure a rookie QB didn't play like big game Philip Rivers .  they knew Rivers would give it to us at some point and the gameplan was to limit mistakes and play conservative.  Even great Qbs sometimes have to play conservative let alone a mediocre rookie.

Baltimore doesn't win the 2000 SB w/o Dilfer.

did you put marino and McNair in the same sentence?

so you are saying mark could elevate his game in the road on the playoffs? yet Fitz couldn't do that against a non playoff bound team and you think Fitz is better?

1 minute ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Playing through pain is one thing. Playing with a torn bicep is another. Favre made a mistake continuing to play while hurt. But the Jets had no reliable backup to go with, so he chanced it. It was a mistake. But when healthy he had that team at 8-3 after beating New England in Foxboro and an undefeated Titans team. You have to be fair when looking at that. The injury clearly had an impact on his performance down the stretch. If you are going to use the rookie excuse for Mark, you should it least acknowledge that Favre played thru a severe injury that clearly impacted his throws.

he played poorly most of that season whether "healthy" or not.  Chad Pennington w/ a torn rotator cuff helped get us to the playoffs and win a playoff game(and yet Jet fans bash him more than Favre).  He doesn't get the injury excuse

50 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Are making this argument against yourself?

The fact that you opt to ignore every piece of this very info you speak of that doesn't suit your agenda is not really helping your cause.

Hes the smartest poster here. Just ask him or look at his posts. he tells us at least once a day.

5 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

they built the gameplan around making sure a rookie QB didn't play like big game Philip Rivers .  they knew Rivers would give it to us at some point and the gameplan was to limit mistakes and play conservative.  Even great Qbs sometimes have to play conservative let alone a mediocre rookie.

Baltimore doesn't win the 2000 SB w/o Dilfer.

did you put marino and McNair in the same sentence?

so you are saying mark could elevate his game in the road on the playoffs? yet Fitz couldn't do that against a non playoff bound team and you think Fitz is better?

Incorrect. The Jets did not build their game plan assuming that a player would make a mistake. Nobody does that.

No. I put Dilfer, Marino, and McNair in the same sentence. Rank the 3. Who would you rather have start one game?

Once again, you are judging Fitz based off of one game and looking at the teams overall performance to try and prove Mark is/was better when it's proven now that he can't even beat out a second year seventh round pick for a job he was brought in to win.

15 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

You do know he still eld their O to 24 pts and the D allowed 27, right?  how many games should mark sanchez be expected to win when his D allows 27?

You know the game, the playoff chase, the season ended with Sanchez and the Eagles driving for the lead and like too many Sanchez games ended with a crushing INT.  Done, season and playoffs.  Playoffs that were a certainty with Foles at QB crashed with Sanchez.

Reality.

4 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Incorrect. The Jets did not build their game plan assuming that a player would make a mistake. Nobody does that.

No. I put Dilfer, Marino, and McNair in the same sentence. Rank the 3. Who would you rather have start one game?

Once again, you are judging Fitz based off of one game and looking at the teams overall performance to try and prove Mark is/was better when it's proven now that he can't even beat out a second year seventh round pick for a job he was brought in to win.

they were conservative b/c they knew their D could keep them in it and that rivers had a tendency to make the big mistake.

Marino but Marino never had big time talent around him, if he played on the 00s Colts he has 3 SB rings.  Dilfer is obviously not a Marino but he was PERFECT for that team, he didn't make the big mistake and he would make big plays.  the next year they got rid of him thinking a "better" QB would mean more SBs, they never got close again until a new HC came along and they drafted Flacco.

I am judging Fitz off his entire career where last year was the first year he even played in a big game and he was atrocious in that big game.

whatever mark does outside of here will not make me forget what he did for us.

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You know the game, the playoff chase, the season ended with Sanchez and the Eagles driving for the lead and like too many Sanchez games ended with a crushing INT.  Done, season and playoffs.  Playoffs that were a certainty with Foles at QB crashed with Sanchez.

Reality.

I know the game well, the same game the D allowed 27 pts and after the INT the potent Redskin O got the ball at midfield and the great D couldn't get a stop.  the ame game the K missed not one but TWO chip shot Fgs in a 3 pt loss.

oh and AGAIN even had they won they wouldn't have made the playoffs.

The playoffs were far from a certainty w/ Foles, they had a much weaker sched the first half and despit that Mark ELEVATED the O by almost a TD more per game.  Unfortunately for him 5 of his 8 starts were against playoff bound teams which included all 4 div rd teams from the NFC but let's keep making things up, people seem to like to do that in this thread.

3 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

I know the game well, the same game the D allowed 27 pts and after the INT the potent Redskin O got the ball at midfield and the great D couldn't get a stop.  the ame game the K missed not one but TWO chip shot Fgs in a 3 pt loss.

oh and AGAIN even had they won they wouldn't have made the playoffs.

The playoffs were far from a certainty w/ Foles, they had a much weaker sched the first half and despit that Mark ELEVATED the O by almost a TD more per game.  Unfortunately for him 5 of his 8 starts were against playoff bound teams which included all 4 div rd teams from the NFC but let's keep making things up, people seem to like to do that in this thread.

So Mark's D giving up 27 points takes Mark off the hook. But Fitz's D falling behind big early and giving up 22 doesn't have any impact on the game? That's all on Fitz?

30 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

He was handed the keys to a 6-2, first place team and missed the playoffs.

Lets blame everyone but the QB for crashing and burning and lets not credit Foles for winning with that same shltty defense.  

Playoffs were  given until the turnover machine was given control of that team

The whole world is wrong, the only person left on the planet who still has a mancrush on Mark is right

And we're ignoring reality.

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Lets blame everyone but the QB for crashing and burning and lets not credit Foles for winning with that same shltty defense.  

The whole world is wrong, the only person left on the planet who still has a mancrush on Mark is right

Agreed

This is what I don't understand. You are totally right. I can buy the argument when Sanchez left the Jets that the Jets were going to regret it, and that we let a good one walk away. I didn't agree with it, but I could see the argument.

But then he went to Philly and failed. And now he's failed in Denver. He is what he is. A bad QB. This isn't debatable at this point. Bad is bad. He wasn't good for the Jets and bad in Philly and bad in Denver. He's a bad player. That's it.

Here's his reality check. 

He blames Favre for missing the playoffs after an 8-3 start.  Screw the torn biceps, means nothing and it's all on Favre, he should have made the playoffs after starting the season 8-3.  

But Sanchez had a great season and gets absolutely no blame for taking over a 6-2 team and missing the playoffs.  It's not his fault, it's the defense.  It's the kicker.  While Foles gets no credit for the 6-2, Sanchez no blame for 4-4

Heard Schlereth on siriusxm and sounds like Sanchez may have lost the job in practice even more so than the games.

During "crunch time" simulated team drills, Sanchez was throwing pick-6s almost daily.  He said he threw at least six or seven during camp.

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

of course....  because if you disagree, you are clearly wrong.

And therefore, destroyed.  Because we are all average fans who don't know how to interpret the information we have.  

All hail, the professor.

1 hour ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

So Mark's D giving up 27 points takes Mark off the hook. But Fitz's D falling behind big early and giving up 22 doesn't have any impact on the game? That's all on Fitz?

Fitz's D allowed 22 and he led the O to 17 w/ 3 INTs and 1 missed Fg, mark led O to 24 pts, D allowed 27 w/ 1 INt and 2 missed FGs

only Jet fans

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Offense got significantly BETTER under Mark, not his fault the D was terrible and that the tough part of the sched was coming up.  5 of his 8 starts were against final 4 NFC teams. 

we don't take sched into account? no big deal that over half his starts were against final 4 NFC teams?  to put that in perspective the entire 2015 season the Jets played ONE team that made it to the final 4 in either conf and he faced 5 in 8 games.  

Thanks for being fair!

30 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Not to mention, literally the only reason we made the playoffs in 2009 is that the Colts laid down to us.  Is this context, or no?

no it's not, we have no idea what happens if Indy doesn't pull starters.  we trailed by just 5 pts midway through the 3rd qtr when they pulled starters.  In the playoffs we trailed SD by 4 at the same point, if that was a reg season game and SD pulls starters folks like you would say we never would have had a chance but they played it out and we won.  we have no idea if we beat Indy that day or not.

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Here's his reality check. 

He blames Favre for missing the playoffs after an 8-3 start.  Screw the torn biceps, means nothing and it's all on Favre, he should have made the playoffs after starting the season 8-3.  

But Sanchez had a great season and gets absolutely no blame for taking over a 6-2 team and missing the playoffs.  It's not his fault, it's the defense.  It's the kicker.  While Foles gets no credit for the 6-2, Sanchez no blame for 4-4

there's that reading thing again, can anyone on here read?

I never said Mark was blameless but the facts are he greatly improved the Philly offense against a MUCH tougher schedule.

only Jet fans can back Brett Favre and Ryan Fitz for missing the playoffs and bash jets Qbs that actually made it.

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

of course....  because if you disagree, you are clearly wrong.

you bring literally nothing to any discussion.  go whine somewhere else or go discuss bad local bands.  you seem to know more about nonsense like that than football.

2 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

there's that reading thing again, can anyone on here read?

I never said Mark was blameless but the facts are he greatly improved the Philly offense against a MUCH tougher schedule.

only Jet fans can back Brett Favre and Ryan Fitz for missing the playoffs and bash jets Qbs that actually made it.

We can, but we don't know what to do with the information once we've read it.

What was it about Kubiak's comments that made it so clear to you, and only you, that Sanchez was going to be his starter, while the rest of us "average fans" we're  so easily led to believe it?

10 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

no it's not, we have no idea what happens if Indy doesn't pull starters.  we trailed by just 5 pts midway through the 3rd qtr when they pulled starters.  In the playoffs we trailed SD by 4 at the same point, if that was a reg season game and SD pulls starters folks like you would say we never would have had a chance but they played it out and we won.  we have no idea if we beat Indy that day or not.

You're right.  Probably had no effect on the outcome.

32 minutes ago, AFJF said:

We can, but we don't know what to do with the information once we've read it.

What was it about Kubiak's comments that made it so clear to you, and only you, that Sanchez was going to be his starter, while the rest of us "average fans" we're  so easily led to believe it?

I read your "article" once, won't make that mistake again unless I want a laugh.

8 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

I read your "article" once, won't make that mistake again unless I want a laugh.

But how did you KNOW?  What did you see that the average fan didn't?

2 minutes ago, AFJF said:

But how did you KNOW?  What did you see that the average fan didn't?

I don't believe everything I read, more often than not the info is incorrect.  it is just coaches, players, execs trying to float something out.  you should try it some time.

9 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

I don't believe everything I read, more often than not the info is incorrect.  it is just coaches, players, execs trying to float something out.  you should try it some time.

So you knew the story was wrong because it was reported?  LOL.  Just keeps getting better. 

I thought you were the one who knew how to interpret the information but the average fan couldn't.

6 minutes ago, AFJF said:

So you knew the story was wrong because it was reported?  LOL.  Just keeps getting better. 

I thought you were the one who knew how to interpret the information but the average fan couldn't.

making things up again?  

all of this b/c you were so mad at me b/c I humiliated you after that "article" last year.  

I think I will read what you write going forward so I can tear into it again.  thanks for making this a fun day, I look forward to more

No matter what Mark gets a million. We've heard the Cowboys don't want him at 4.5. If a trade he'd have to accept a pay cut of some type. If me I'd give him the 4.5 because there isn't anyone better available. And he didn't play so badly with Philly. If the Cowboys keep playing with the Qb position they will be out of the playoffs very soon. I mean it's doubtful that Prescott is going to be great as a rookie. Because they will throw everything at him. If he's satisfactory that's gravy. If he plays like a rookie his "good friends" now like Dez Bryant aren't going to be so friendly if he doesn't get them the damned ball. We've seen seen his behavior on many occasions. 

Just now, nyjunc said:

making things up again?  

all of this b/c you were so mad at me b/c I humiliated you after that "article" last year.  

I think I will read what you write going forward so I can tear into it again.  thanks for making this a fun day, I look forward to more

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I have no idea which article you're talking about. I've written lots of articles.  A couple of people might like them some, most people don't. I'm OK with that.  

That's why I don't get on my soapbox and try to insult people for disagreeing with my opinion. Because if I did do that, I would look like a moron when I was wrong.   Then I would have to try to change the subject  once proven wrong to divert attention from the fact that I  was talking down to other fans and acting as if I were better than them. 

7 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I have no idea which article you're talking about. I've written lots of articles.  A couple of people might like them some, most people don't. I'm OK with that.  

That's why I don't get on my soapbox and try to insult people for disagreeing with my opinion. Because if I did do that, I would look like a moron when I was wrong.   Then I would have to try to change the subject  once proven wrong to divert attention from the fact that I  was talking down to other fans and acting as if I were better than them. 

but you are insulting me and it goes back to when I destroyed your lies from that article.

I don;'t act as if I am better than anyone and I don't attack others when I am proven right.  if people want to attack me that's ok, I can handle myself.  Don;'t whine and cry when I come back at you.

Archived