One NFL Player You Can Be Sure Won't Be Taking A Knee During National Anthem On 9/11

Nostradamus

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

The **** I'm not. I'm an American citizen just like you. 

I am not more of one or less of one. 

Your attitude is completely ludicrous.

When you go overseas for years on end and leave all of your family and friends behind to go to war for this country and lay your life on the line, day in and day out to protect it - then come and talk to me.

You AREN'T F_cking qualified - whether you like it or not.

You have no concept of the sacrifice that I and other veterans have made so that knuckleheads like you have the freedom to sit on your a$s and preach while your home safe and sound.

4 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

Kleck, give it a rest.

You're not qualified. Period.

When you go overseas and leave all of your family and friends behind to war for this country and lay your life on the line, day in and day out to protect it - then come and talk to me.

Were you drafted?

Just now, ARodJetsFan said:

When you go overseas for years on end and leave all of your family and friends behind to go to war for this country and lay your life on the line, day in and day out to protect it - then come and talk to me.

So you are more of an American than anyone who didn't serve in the military?

**** yourself.

That is insulting to millions of Americans. Clearly civics or American history is not taught in the military. 

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Since Kaepernick's issue is directly with the police, it's just a strange thing to protest would be my guess. Some military guys feel pretty strongly about the Anthem.

I feel strongly about the Anthem, and I'm not a veteran. I get goosebumps and misty-eyed every time I hear it. Every. Time.

That said, I don't take it as a personal affront if others aren't as affected as I am. I understand that my American experience is not everyone's. I respect the soldier who is outraged, even if I don't agree with it, over this show of protest. I also respect the protestor. I don't feel that I have to choose a side. 

Our country is built on pride and conflict. The story of racial inequality is an unfortunate lynch pin to our entire history. It's never going to go away, I fear. That said, I think if the protest is peaceful, well-intentioned and bringing to light necessary awareness, that it is of value to our society. Even if it comes at the expense of perceived disrespect to our patriotic rituals.

When my father-in-law lost his battle to Cancer, I went to church, but I refused to pray. It may seem silly, but I wanted God to know "yea, I'm still with you, but this sh*t ain't fair". 

The most disheartening thing in all of this is that the "outrage over disrespecting the flag" echo has drown out the opportunity to acknowledge the issue. Instead, it has become a pissing contest over the semantics of first amendment rights and patriotism, rather than about the social change being sought.

15 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

Not for nothing, but the article you posted makes no mention whatsoever about the National Anthem. You made it about that by titling the thread the way you did and the comment you made in your OP.

This thread is exactly about what you wanted it to be about. 

All the attention is focused on the guys who are kneeling.  9-11 and the memories of those lost and what happened that day will sadly be hijacked on a day that it should not be.  This day should be reserved for the memory of what happened that day 15 years ago.  Period.   Focusing on a guy who clearly won't kneel and grew up in the area among those those directly effected is a way to put that focus back on what it should be on 9-11.   

5 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

You AREN'T F_cking qualified - whether you like it or not.

You have no concept of the sacrifice that I and other veterans have made so that knuckleheads like you have the freedom to sit on your a$s and preach.

You did a job knowing the risks when you signed up and were compensated for it by the taxpayers.  But this whole "spreading freedom" thing is not an objective truth, sorry to say.

3 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

So far this thread is doing good.  But I have to go take a shower and go meet Mrs Crusher for drinks.  Please behave.  Please. 

2 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

**** yourself.

That is insulting to millions of Americans. Clearly civics or American history is not taught in the military. 

1 damn minute!!! One!!!  

Just now, Nostradamus said:

All the attention is focused on the guys who are kneeling.  9-11 and the memories of those lost and what happened that day will sadly be hijacked on a day that it should not be.  This day should be reserved for the memory of what happened that day.  Period.   Focusing on a guy who clearly won't kneel and grew up in the area among those those directly effected is a way to put that focus back on what it should be on 9-11.   

That's YOUR opinion. Other people clearly disagree with you. 

You made the thread about this topic by mentioning something that not mentioned in the article you posted. 

Deal with it. 

5 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

**** yourself.

It means I'm more of a Patriot then you, hey the truth hurts. And back at you. Reversed Hand With Middle Finger Extended on Microsoft Windows 10 Anniversary Update

1 minute ago, Klecko73isGod said:

You made the thread about this topic by mentioning something that not mentioned in the article you posted. 

Deal with it. 

And i am entitled to my opinion Mr T.....and you damn right thats my opinion.   I could care less what you think of it actually.

3 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

Deal with it. 

9-11 should be about those who were lost and who have suffered 100%........but apparently you disagree.   

18 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

So because I got good enough grades to get into college right out of high school in a country that doesn't require military service I am somehow less patriotic than you?

You don't have the life experience to understand my point of view and perspective.

You know why? Because YOU HAVEN'T DONE IT.

You've never served this country in any branch of the military, you've never fought for this country in a war overseas.

I'm sorry you can't comprehend that, you can get back on the porch now.

2 minutes ago, Nostradamus said:

And i am entitled to my opinion Mr T.....and you damn right thats my opinion.   I could care less what you think of it actually.

Nobody said you weren't.

Since you feel that way, I would think you respect the rights of others who disagree with you to share their opinions. 

Just now, Nostradamus said:

9-11 should be about those who were lost and who have suffered 100%........but apparently you disagree.   

The article you posted is about Catapano, and his point of view on kneeling or not kneeling. Threads often take tangental paths from the opening post.

1 minute ago, ARodJetsFan said:

You don't have the life experience to understand my point of view and perspective.

You know why? Because YOU HAVEN"T DONE IT.

I'm sorry you can't comprehend that.

I have two Grandfather's who served in World War II. I have heard all of their stories. 

You're out of your mind. 

4 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

I have two Grandfather's who served in World War II. I have heard all of their stories. 

You're out of your mind. 

And you're a fool.

You think that gives you perspective and life experience?

Hearing stories falls pretty well short of going and doing it yourself.

2 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

Nobody said you weren't.

Since you feel that way, I would think you respect the rights of others who disagree with you to share their opinions. 

I agree you are entitled to it sure...but i don't respect it, nor do i agree with it.  But you are certainly entitled to your opinion.

1 minute ago, ARodJetsFan said:

And you're a fool.

You think that gives you perspective and life experience?

Hearing stories fall pretty well short of gong and doing it yourself.

This still has nothing to do with having an opinion about patriotic rituals, protest, and first amendment rights. You've pretty well invalidated any perspective you could have added to the subject by acting like a goon. I'm actually doubting your service at this point, too.

Archived