Bowles in the postgame presser: "We had a sh*tty game plan...we got our ass kicked"

jetscrazey

2 minutes ago, phill1c said:

"widely recognized..." But to those that actually watched THIS GAME, it was obvious that the QB play and an inability to stop KC on third down through the air were the culprits.

I don't disagree with you there, but my main point is that it's unrealistic to say the defense played well in this game, because they played like crap in the early goings and put the offense in a position where they had to play from behind in a hostile environment, while also giving them poor field position.  That can't happen in a game like this against a good team.  The defense needed to be better today, in addition to the offense.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Only when he is directly responsible. As I said, I believe in fair criticism.

Wow, your logic seems to be deteriorating. Bowles did not have the jets ready to play today. and he didn't seem to make adjustments successfully. Since he doesn't actually play, it probably takes a little more insight than you have to recognize that his coaching has not been very good. If the Jets don't physically beat the other team, most times they lose. Contrast that with playoff teams who find ways to win vs. Bowles's teams that find ways to lose.

Just now, phill1c said:

Wow, your logic seems to be deteriorating. Bowles did not have the jets ready to play today. and he didn't seem to make adjustments successfully. Since he doesn't actually play, it probably takes a little more insight than you have to recognize that his coaching has not been very good. If the Jets don't physically beat the other team, most times they lose. Contrast that with playoff teams who find ways to win vs. Bowles's teams that find ways to lose.

He has a winning record. That's all I care about.

Just now, jetscrazey said:

I don't disagree with you there, but my main point is that it's unrealistic to say the defense played well in this game, because they played like crap in the early goings and put the offense in a position where they had to play from behind in a hostile environment, while also giving them poor field position.  That can't happen in a game like this against a good team.  The defense needed to be better today, in addition to the offense.

We are on the same page then. I'm arguing that the defense sucked. but it was better than the offense and about the same as the special teams (poor but not the worst).

Just now, phill1c said:

We are on the same page then. I'm arguing that the defense sucked. but it was better than the offense and about the same as the special teams (poor but not the worst).

I dont think the defense sucked that much. They bent and, for the most part, didnt break most of the first half and were great in the second hald

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

He has a winning record. That's all I care about.

Wow, so does Ryan Fitzpatrick. And, coincidentally, both Fitzpatrick and Bowles have the same number of playoff appearances as Jets. But you don't care about that, apparently.

Ok, you win. This argument seems like a waste of time: the Jets, as a whole, sucked to the tune of 3-24. And Bowles is the team's head coach, so I don't think he's happy with anyone's performance today.

I dont think the defense sucked that much. They bent and, for the most part, didnt break most of the first half and were great in the second hald

Great? Great?!

No, they were poor in the first half and passable (hahaha) in the second half. But, really, with a large lead it's not like KC was interested in trying high-risk plays against them. And, again, 7-15 3rd-down percentage with 14 coming through the air is hardly "great" by any objective measure. Oh, and lets not forget the HUGE break they got on the TD that was called back.

1 minute ago, phill1c said:

Wow, so does Ryan Fitzpatrick. And, coincidentally, both Fitzpatrick and Bowles have the same number of playoff appearances as Jets. But you don't care about that, apparently.

Ok, you win. This argument seems like a waste of time: the Jets, as a whole, sucked to the tune of 3-24. And Bowles is the team's head coach, so I don't think he's happy with anyone's performance today.

Rex has two playoff appearances. Where did those get him?

I care about having consistent winning seasons, all the while trying to develop our franchise QB so we can take the next step

Rex has two playoff appearances. Where did those get him?

I care about having consistent winning seasons, all the while trying to develop our franchise QB so we can take the next step

They got him his current job. Moreover, you actually have to make the playoffs to win a championship. So, I think it matters.

And, really, how can you in one sentence disparage playoff wins and in another say you care about consistent winning seasons? It seems like you would say anything to keep a stupid thesis going when it's just stupid. Today's defense did not play well enough to win, given Fitzpatricks' **** ups, the lack of turnovers caused, AND with you consider that the Chiefs had a 50% 3rd down percentage.

They weren't the reason the Jets lost, but did very little to help them win.

2 minutes ago, phill1c said:

They got him his current job. Moreover, you actually have to make the playoffs to win a championship. So, I think it matters.

And, really, how can you in one sentence disparage playoff wins and in another say you care about consistent winning seasons? It seems like you would say anything to keep a stupid thesis going when it's just stupid. Today's defense did not play well enough to win, given Fitzpatricks' **** ups, the lack of turnovers caused, AND with you consider that the Chiefs had a 50% 3rd down percentage.

They weren't the reason the Jets lost, but did very little to help them win.

If something is not a negative, what must it be?

4 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Marty Schottenheimer was fired with a 14-2 record. Chargers have never been the same since.

Be careful of what you wish for.

You're the king of irrelevant, moronic arguments.

If and when Todd Bowles goes 14-2, then, and only then, would that statement be relevant to the current Jets.

And, dumb@ss, I haven't wished for Todd Bowles to be fired. I've merely pointed out that he hasn't shown me much in the way of positive influence on games. His gameplans, by his own admission, have sucked, very little successful adjustments, and his teams have played sloppy football, which, so far, have resulted in two losses. Only playing against a coach whose teams play even more sloppy got him his only win so far this year.

This franchise is headed to a dark place unless Petty turns out to be a miracle. 

Offensive line is old, and overpaid.

Two best offensive players are on the wrong side of 30.  Still, amazing Chicago traded one and let the other walk.

Defensive line is overrated, and overpaid.

Secondary is trash, and overpaid.

Head Coach is showing signs of making the same mistakes multiple times.  His team has come out flat three or four times already.  An ominous hint with only a 19 game sample size.

The team owner supports Trump.  Enough said.

1 minute ago, RoadFan said:

This franchise is headed to a dark place unless Petty turns out to be a miracle. 

Two best offensive players are on the wrong side of 30.  Still, amazing Chicago traded one and let the other walk.

Head Coach is showing signs of making the same mistakes multiple times.  His team has come out flat three or four times already.  An ominous hint with only a 19 game sample size.

On the contrary. 

Enunwa, Powell, Anderson, Marshall  Winters, Decker all 30 and under.

Defense has yound stout DL and young LBers.

2 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

I don't know that I completely agree.

The OL has been consistently good. And doesn't need to be younger than 30 to be effective. I thnk the WRs and RB can be productive at their current ages and they have WRs in the pipeline who I believe will be very effective. I think the secondary is underperforming and I have high hopes for Burris, who came in and defended when they tried him.

I agree about the DL. I agree with the fact that the Jets coaching staff hasn't made good in-game adjustments. but it's a relatively small sample and I am not ready to give up on them yet. Try me in two games :-)

I completely agree that the owner's political affiliation troubles me.

Archived