Coffee is for Closers

Jetster

I saw this reference in another thread & I think it does pertain to the Jets & some of their older highly paid players. I understand the Jets are on the hook if they cut Revis next year for 7 million. Any chance a team would trade for him next year & pay him the 7 million? I'd be interested in finding ways to get rid of him next year without having dead money. He's probably worth 7 million but not for a rebuilding team that needs some new leadership (I've never seen Revis as anything but a solo guy). I really feel Macc has to cut ties with the old guys who won't be here for the rising,lol. With Revis & Harris gone that alone is 25 million. What's Mangolds contract? He's another guy with no team mojo, good declining player, pro bowler on reputation now, but another guy that's not a vocal leader. I mean the Saints once won a Super Bowl with a non descript center named Goodwin (ex-Jet). Why? Drew Brees. Centers don't win Super Bowls, especially old overpaid, over weight ones. One of the Seahawks knocked Mangold on his azz after another Fitz pick & he didn't even get pissed?

Our older overpaid players are soft & slow now. They have zero fight left in them. Maccs gotta see this right? Gonna be an interesting offseason & no one should feel safe. 

36 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Please start more threads just like this one.

Well, there's certainly nothing left to talk about THIS SEASON so I'm just getting a start on the Jets offseason moves. It's what Jet fans do. And by the way, two weeks from now it will be the only thing discussed here other than getting Petty some reps with the young WRs. You know it & I know it.

Not sure the point here.  If the thread is mostly referring to Revis; the answer is not cutting or trading him.

I didn't want them to sign the mercenary back, but now that they have, you move him to safety and see if he can revive his career there.  He no longer has the speed to play corner... but he is a good tackler, uses good technique, and won't blow assignments.  Which is way better than the crap at safety they are using now.

Archived