A proper rebuild is long overdue.

Joe W. Namath

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/19/2016 at 11:01 AM, FidelioJet said:

Hack similar to Geno (Jury is still out on Geno)

Sheldon similar to Williams (Sheldon does NOT and has NOT sucked)

Pryor similar to Lee 

Amaro similar to Smith (the jury is still out on Amaro)

If you want to look at Mac with rose colored glasses so far - I commend it.  Wish I could...or if you want to irrationally find flaws even when they're not there with Idzik's I can understand that as well...

Mac may very well turn out to be a great drafter and the picks mentioned above may all turn our to be all-pro's...But I've seen nothing so far to make me think Mac is a much better drafter than Idzik.

Hope I turn out to be wrong.

LOL - that's funny...

Since we don't know about Hack (although his ceiling is amazing) - I will ignore this one.

Yeah, Sheldon similar to Williams (although Williams may be the best player in last year's draft - certainly best non-QB).

LOL - Not even in the same category; Pryor as a 1st rounder is a failure; forgetting the round, not like he is great. Lee is already showing more dividends in hist first year, then Pryor has in 3 years.

Of course you conveniently left Milliner out; Idzik had 3 1st round picks; has one very good pick in Sheldon (although he took a risk), 1 okay/good player with Pryor and a waste with Milliner. At best Idzik is 66% (I would argue 33%). Meanwhile at appears (yes it is too early to tell) that Mac is sitting at 100%. 

Smith may end up sucking - which would make them similar, but if Smith does anything he is better.

I would say  that:

Jenkins/Mauldin > McDoogle/Winters

Burris/Petty >> Sanders/Evans/Dozier

Harrison/Shell = (equally sucky) George/Aboshi

(nothing) < Dixon/Q/IK/Boyd/Cambell - Q is great but he hit 1/5 - not very good but Q pick saves him as only good player in that draft (only 1 other starter).

Edwards/Peak/Deon S >>> Reilly/Bohanon.

It is too early to tell, but Idzik got 4 (Pryor/Q/Sheldon/Winters - not counting Geno) players out of 19 (and Ivory) while so far it looks like Mac got at least 8 (Lee/Jenkins/Burris/Peake/Edwards/Williams/Mauldin/Deon - not counting Hack/Petty) out of 13 and Marshall/Fitz (who was okay that year).

So Mac is hitting almost 66% (100% in 1st) while Idzik is hit over 20% (66% being generous).. big difference there...

On 10/19/2016 at 1:50 PM, Beerfish said:

leads the team in tackles 10 yards down the field, playing strictly due to injury.  Despite some of his good play he has had a net zero effect on the defense because ILB is not a premium position.

If all of our players played as poorly as Lee , we'd probably have a few more wins. 

Archived