Reality check for those obsessed with the idea of tanking

JetUp91

Francesa was all over this today. Said that it seems that the organization just seems to want to get Fitz out of town as fast as possible.

Said that Jets fans would rather lose with Petty than win with Fitzpatrick.

Said that finding a franchise QB is not just getting a high draft pick. That there is no set formula for finding one. 

Said that they should not be critiquing this win simply because they are not going to the Super Bowl with this guy anyway.

Said that Jets fans only care about a title and if no chance of that, give up and wave the white flag. Mentioned the NBA and their lack of parity.

Mentioned the Lions who have no Super Bowls

Which is what I have been saying for a long time.

1. Jets fans (not necessarily people here) care too much about the end to be concerned with the journey. Last two weeks, people have acted like the Jets are 1-7 instead of 3-5. Least mentioned fact is that the Jets have won 2 in a row.

2. Jets fans have no patience, running scared at the first speed bump. I am guilty of this too. I thought they were dead at halftime. Boy I felt a fool.

3 As an addendum to 1, Jets fans cant enjoy wins. Proof positive.was last year. One bad game at the end of the season erased all the wins prior. 

3 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Francesa was all over this today. Said that it seems that the organization just seems to want to get Fitz out of town as fast as possible.

Said that Jets fans would rather lose with Petty than win with Fitzpatrick.

Said that finding a franchise QB is not just getting a high draft pick. That there is no set formula for finding one. 

Said that they should not be critiquing this win simply because they are not going to the Super Bowl with this guy anyway.

Said that Jets fans only care about a title and if no chance of that, give up and wave the white flag. Mentioned the NBA and their lack of parity.

Mentioned the Lions who have no Super Bowls

Which is what I have been saying for a long time.

1. Jets fans (not necessarily people here) care too much about the end to be concerned with the journey. Last two weeks, people have acted like the Jets are 1-7 instead of 3-5. Least mentioned fact is that the Jets have won 2 in a row.

2. Jets fans have no patience, running scared at the first speed bump. I am guilty of this too. I thought they were dead at halftime. Boy I felt a fool.

3 As an addendum to 1, Jets fans cant enjoy wins. Proof positive.was last year. One bad game at the end of the season erased all the wins prior. 

I think this is a bit harsh.  I think the fans were very much into the team when they were competing, making the playoffs and winning playoff games,  Obviously we want a Super Bowl.

But signing a QB for $12mm who anyone with football knowledge would never win a Super Bowl, and paying too much for too long to a CB who was a big name but declining rapidly, strikes us as quick fixes that for this team were not going to lead to a championship.

We want the team to find a QB and build a line to protect him, like the Cowboys did.  Build a strong defense.  Strive to win sustainably.  We (or at least I) would rather see the team build right for the long haul rather than always trying to be respectable-when you shoot for mediocrity, you often end up worse.  Try to be great-then at least you may get there.

I think the Jets have officially debunked the notion of the competitive rebuild.

8 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

I'm not second-guessing anything. The reports, and statements from Bowles, have been that he's not fully healthy yet. So, I'm echoing what's been reported. He's healthy enough to backup, but not fully healthy. 

And if the team did put Petty on IR, Hackenberg would be the backup right now. However far from ready Petty is, Hackenburg is further. We are in QB purgatory at this time.

10 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

I think we can do just as well with Petty, but the dude is obviously not healthy. What a monumental **** up to not put him on IR designated for return.

Sarcasm?

He was the backup yesterday?  There is no IR Designated for Return anymore. 

10 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

I'm not second-guessing anything. The reports, and statements from Bowles, have been that he's not fully healthy yet. So, I'm echoing what's been reported. He's healthy enough to backup, but not fully healthy. 

Maybe I'm wrong. Hasn't it been he isn't ready yet i.e. shaking off the rust for being down with the injury. He only started practicing again 2-3 weeks ago. 

9 hours ago, JetUp91 said:

Flacco has been painfully mediocre to bad for most of his career. That super bowl run they went on was entirely fueled by the whole Ray Lewis story. Outside of that, he's been pretty bad. It's like Eli Manning.. dude has a couple Super Bowls, but looking at the entire sample size he's been pretty bad for the majority of his career.

I'd take Eli bad for either of the two young QBs on our team 

Archived