since 1965

kmnj

my father has had tickets since 1965 -today he turned to me and said this might have been the worst game we have gone to and I tend to agree-

losing is one thing, losing to the god awful team in the rams is even worse but the final nail in the coffin was bowles going ultra conservative not even trying to win the game-

first down run , second down run, third down 3 yard screen -punt-throw in a 12 man in the huddle for the extra proof coaching is beyond clueless

on defense no imagination or intensity and horrible special teams play

woody your team did something today that I have never seen before-you turned a die hard fan since 1965 into a guy that said I think I will pass on going to the rest of the games

3 minutes ago, kmnj said:

my father has had tickets since 1965 -today he turned to me and said this might have been the worst game we have gone to and I tend to agree-

losing is one thing, losing to the god awful team in the rams is even worse but the final nail in the coffin was bowles going ultra conservative not even trying to win the game-

first down run , second down run, third down 3 yard screen -punt-throw in a 12 man in the huddle for the extra proof coaching is beyond clueless

on defense no imagination or intensity and horrible special teams play

woody your team did something today that I have never seen before-you turned a die hard fan since 1965 into a guy that said I think I will pass on going to the rest of the games

It was bad.  Bu I have seen some worse home games from my couch.  The Greg McElroy game comes to mind. 

It did suck though.

The Jets lost some ugly ones to the Colts 9-6 before they changed divisions.

Great post and that sucks i feel your pain I made the decision to cancel my season tickets after 23 years and I'm ok with the decision I'm no longer wasting money on an organization that can careless about its fans and just doesn't get it when it comes to success and winning or at least showing up. 

Seriously, what were you people expecting to see today ? You were told the kid wasn't ready, and you chose not to believe . You were told Fitz gave us the best chance to win and you convinced yourselves that you knew better. It finally came to light why this defense is playing like it is with the poor play of the strength of the unit and you point fingers at the person left to clean up the mess.

You folks know nothing about the operation of the football team, how the team practices or what is told the players yet you formulate opinions base on how you feel after the finish of a game. It is okay to get upset with what you witness, but when you start questioning the intelligence of people whose job you can't even get an interview for, then I start to wonder .

Fitzpatrick could have won this game for the Jets today, and he's a terrible QB. Geno Smith could probably have given us a better showing today than Petty and he's a terrible QB. All that said, had Bryce Petty hit Robbie Anderson on that throw, the Jets win the game .. The same miserable coaches, the same miserable players, and the same miserable fans.

One play, a passing play that wasn't made and the whole conversation tonight is different. This team needs a QB, so quit the bellyaching and get behind Bryce Petty until he proves to the coaching staff that Christian Hackenberg  needs to get the ball. Then get behind him.

Bunch of fair weather horses behinds .

1 minute ago, Tinstar said:

Seriously, what were you people expecting to see today ? You were told the kid wasn't ready, and you chose not to believe . You were told Fitz gave us the best chance to win and you convinced yourselves that you knew better. It finally came to light why this defense is playing like it is with the poor play of the strength of the unit and you point fingers at the person left to clean up the mess.

You folks know nothing about the operation of the football team, how the team practices or what is told the players yet you formulate opinions base on how you feel after the finish of a game. It is okay to get upset with what you witness, but when you start questioning the intelligence of people whose job you can't even get an interview for, then I start to wonder .

Fitzpatrick could have won this game for the Jets today, and he's a terrible QB. Geno Smith could probably have given us a better showing today than Petty and he's a terrible QB. All that said, had Bryce Petty hit Robbie Anderson on that throw, the Jets win the game .. The same miserable coaches, the same miserable players, and the same miserable fans.

One play, a passing play that wasn't made and the whole conversation tonight is different. This team needs a QB, so quit the bellyaching and get behind Bryce Petty until he proves to the coaching staff that Christian Hackenberg  needs to get the ball. Then get behind him.

Totally agree. Great post.

6 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

The play calling and game plan was terrible.  Todd Bowles and Chan Gailey are coaching themselves out of jobs. Woody Johnson has got to be pissed. 

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

The play calling and game plan was terrible.  Todd Bowles and Chan Gailey are coaching themselves out of jobs. Woody Johnson has got to be pissed. 

That's above my Pay grade, but personally, I wouldn't do it. Before our Very eyes, this team is getting younger and faster and gaining experience. We need a field General, and the kind of leader that will do what Bowles did to Wilkerson and Richardson last week. Let me ask you a question.

Did you miss Nick Mangold today ?

Just now, Tinstar said:

That's above my Pay grade, but personally, I wouldn't do it. Before our Very eyes, this team is getting younger and faster and gaining experience. We need a field General, and the kind of leader that will do what Bowles did to Wilkerson and Richardson last week. Let me ask you a question.

Did you miss Nick Mangold today ?

Ive fallen off the Nick Mangold fan club train ever since he hitched his wagon to Fitzpatrick our running game wasnt that great today so do I miss Nick Mangold maybe. 

Archived