Blame Woody's Organizational Structure

JetsFanatic

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

Warfish do you really believe the organization (i.e. Woody) has told Bowles his job is to develop QB's and it doesn't matter if they win or lose? 

Bowles' job is to win games, period.

I believe the organization has told (or damn well should have told) Bowles to do two things, whats best for the Organization AND to try and win games doing what is best for the Organization.

If the Jets have NOT told Bowles this, it's simply evidence of a shoddy organization, organizational structure, and way of doing business.

Bit, my friend, we are out.  The Organization should understand we are out.  

Fitz is the worst QB in the NFL.  There is no saving face now on that fact.

Playing Petty, unrestrained and not coddled, is good for both winning (Petty has performed better) and for the future (evaluation in real games of one of our two potential QB's for 2017 currently on the roster).

I appreciate your Devil's Advocate here, but we both know playing Fitz is a bad decision now.  

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The NFL needs to push back its trading deadline and make it easier to trade players contract-wise.  

In every other pro sport the Jets would be in a good position to dump vets for draft picks or development players and build to the future.  Now, they're stuck in mud with their wheels turning debating over starting Fitz.  Makes no sense.

28 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

No it doesn't.

It just weights the bazillion starts and mistakes that Fitz has had as evidence that 1 start is not a fair period of evaluation. Continually going to Fitz in an effort to help him "come around" is a complete contradiction to the notion that Bowles wouldn't afford Petty an extended tryout. Especially in light of the argument that Bowles has made that "Fitz allows us to do more".

Fact is, Fitz may "know" more of the playbook, but he cannot execute it. Fitz "doing more" has so far equalled rampant turnovers, the inability to score points, and a lost season. So... what part of "doing more" is difference making?

None of it. That's the answer.

I'd rather have Petty, with a slice of the playbook, and the expectation that he's got to go through growing pains. I can accept growing pains in an already lost season. I cannot accept the idea that we're still trying to win, then fielding a player that gives us no chance of winning.

The ONLY circumstance in which this is acceptable at all, is if we beat the Pats. Their defense is a mess, so the opportunity is there... but Fitz isn't leading us there. Nope.

This is or has to be a Woody move because Bowles can't be this stupid!!!

Woody guts the GM's power and expects him to the make the team great!!

Nuts... Nuts... Nuts....

13 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Nuts... Nuts... Nuts....

If Woody and Bowles each had half a brain they'd still have half a brain

53 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

No it doesn't.

It just weights the bazillion starts and mistakes that Fitz has had as evidence that 1 start is not a fair period of evaluation. Continually going to Fitz in an effort to help him "come around" is a complete contradiction to the notion that Bowles wouldn't afford Petty an extended tryout. Especially in light of the argument that Bowles has made that "Fitz allows us to do more".

Fact is, Fitz may "know" more of the playbook, but he cannot execute it. Fitz "doing more" has so far equalled rampant turnovers, the inability to score points, and a lost season. So... what part of "doing more" is difference making?

None of it. That's the answer.

I'd rather have Petty, with a slice of the playbook, and the expectation that he's got to go through growing pains. I can accept growing pains in an already lost season. I cannot accept the idea that we're still trying to win, then fielding a player that gives us no chance of winning.

The ONLY circumstance in which this is acceptable at all, is if we beat the Pats. Their defense is a mess, so the opportunity is there... but Fitz isn't leading us there. Nope.

Fitz is going to get panted Sunday night.  Willbe the lowest rated Sunday Night Football in history.  A lot of Jet fans will not be watching

5 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Yea, real reps are totally a detriment to player development.

Real,reps help if you know what you're looking at, have the ability to decipher what you see.  Practicing or playing bad doesn't make you better.  You have to have a chance, he didn't look like he had a clue last week.  If he leant show more in practices he needs to wait a few weeks.  There's still more than enough time to evaluate Petty.  Just needs to be done right. 

8 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Nuts... Nuts... Nuts....

This is definitely Woody, and its pure business/ego, not team building.

From their perspective, given that Fitz has been much less turnover prone lately, and he did beat the Patriots last year and they are coming off a bye, he thinks that Fitz has the best chance of making them look respectable/not look awful.  He may not be correct, but its his call. 

Once the Jets are officially eliminated from the playoffs, Petty and/or Hack will play, as the media/fans will be more concerned about seeing the young QBs than accumulating meaningless wins.

Archived