Adam Schefter ESPN says Josh McDaniels wants to be a head coach again

joewilly12

3 minutes ago, RSJ said:

I know right? Who could **** up Cleveland and SF? 

Btw, 9 different starters? What are you even talking about?

The jets had 9 different starters in 2009 that weren't here in 2008.  That's a fact

There's a reason Mangini isn't even in the NFL now

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Yeah, the guy making essentially his first start didn't set the world on fire, shocker.... The Jets were eliminated weeks ago. That Bowles can't figure this out is ridiculous. If he's truly worried about the vets quitting he's a sh*t coach and those vets need to go.

Exactly. Based on the way they're playing, it seems like the vets have quit already, so it's a moot point.

Just now, drdetroit said:

The jets had 9 different starters in 2009 that weren't here in 2008.  That's a fact

Yeah so most of the team was Mangini's as well as several important role players like Brad Smith and Leon Washington. Also there were some important guys that never got a shot because Rex was such a bafoon like Danny Woodhead.

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Just wait until the "Bills fire Rex should we Bring him back ???" Threads start

Thats when I realize that Foxboro is the same distance from my house as MetLife and just give up on this franchise finally.

3 minutes ago, RSJ said:

Yeah so most of the team was Mangini's as well as several important role players like Brad Smith and Leon Washington. Also there were some important guys that never got a shot because Rex was such a bafoon like Danny Woodhead.

First off, there's this thing called a general manager and front office that picks players and makes signings.

Second even if what your saying is accurate Rex elevated the defense and made it much better. Mangini was a very conservative defensive playcaller he would go in quarters coverage against Matt Cassel.

Not to mention all the players hated him.  Was it a coincidence the year Mangini becomes the 49ers DC half the roster retires or leaves via FA?  

Just now, drdetroit said:

First off, there's this thing called a general manager and front office that picks players and makes signings.

Second even if what your saying is accurate Rex elevated the defense and made it much better. Mangini was a very conservative defensive playcaller he would go in quarters coverage against Matt Cassel.

Not to mention all the players hated him.  Was it a coincidence the year Mangini becomes the 49ers DC half the roster retires or leaves via FA?  

The same GM existed for both coaches. The management structure was such that the coach had the final say on players. You can see this by what both coaches did after they left plus go back and look at the quotes after the draft. The Mangini time period was the richest for Jets personnel of any time since Parcells coached the team

Mangini only had three years. No one knows what adjustments he would have made in his forth year. Also, sometimes just like in real life guys are collecting a paycheck. It's better to push them off the roster than have them hang around.

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Bowles wont even get another opportunity once the Jets fire him, 

Joe. Bowles is an idiot and I don't care what happens to him once Jets get rid of him. No to Daniels. He is a nobody. Bellichick and Brady made him. We need proven winners.

Just now, Fibonacci said:

Joe. Bowles is an idiot and I don't care what happens to him once Jets get rid of him. No to Daniels. He is a nobody. Bellichick and Brady made him. We need proven winners.

Proven winners very short list there Fibs would you prefer Tom Coughlin..... 

McDaniels is a rising star he has learned from his mistakes... 

I am not sure why the Jets never gave Bob Sutton a shot for that matter. The guy is tearing it up in KC and takes every guy hanging out at a bus stop and turns him into an edge rusher. He is older - but what the heck at this point. At least the guy can coach.

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Proven winners very short list there Fibs would you prefer Tom Coughlin..... 

McDaniels is a rising star he has learned from his mistakes... 

You know what Joe. I wouldn't mind Coughlin. At leash he will bring accountability to the Jets. Yes he wasn't very good the last few years but change of scenery will do him good. Bottom line is, Daniels might be good in his next job but I doubt it. 

Just now, Fibonacci said:

You know what Joe. I wouldn't mind Coughlin. At leash he will bring accountability to the Jets. Yes he wasn't very good the last few years but change of scenery will do him good. Bottom line is, Daniels might be good in his next job but I doubt it. 

Coughlin as GM would work for me....McDaniels head coach...raid the NE staff for coaches.......weaken BB and NE....get a decent QB and we can compete for the AFC East otherwise you stick with Bowles get used to losing and bad decisions....

Just now, rangerous said:

little joshy is the heir apparent to the bellichicken.  i predict the bellichicken will be stepping down after he wins the next superbowl and name joshy.  and if you want an offensive coach go get charlie weis.  he's available and probably wants to coach again.

NO to Charlie Weis 

5 minutes ago, RSJ said:

I am not sure why the Jets never gave Bob Sutton a shot for that matter. The guy is tearing it up in KC and takes every guy hanging out at a bus stop and turns him into an edge rusher. He is older - but what the heck at this point. At least the guy can coach.

another coach who was run off by the jets.

1 minute ago, rangerous said:

little joshy is the heir apparent to the bellichicken.  i predict the bellichicken will be stepping down after he wins the next superbowl and name joshy.  and if you want an offensive coach go get charlie weis.  he's available and probably wants to coach again.

I actually think Matt Patricia has more potential though that defense has looked crap since trading away Collins.

The day Brady retires will also be the same day Belichick retires

Archived