Tail Gating - Jets/Dophins

ScottWGN

Hi All,

I am about to attend my first Jet's game this Saturday and thought I'd ask the fans for a bit of advice.

Just to explain this is my first game as I have recently moved to NYC from South Africa for a 6 month period. I am keen to come experience the good football culture at the MetLife Stadium that I have heard so much about and one of the key aspects is Tail Gating. I have managed to rally up some fellow foreigners and there are about 11 to 13 of us going. Since we are all foreigners, we don't own a car but are very keen to have a few cold ones before hand.

Could you offer some advice as to whether it is possible to get into the parking lot where everyone is Tail Gating even if we don't have a car?

Would we be able to bring a whole bunch of beers and just find a space for the 13 of us, or do you need a car to have a spot to chill?

If there is any other advice you have for a footballing novice please let me know, looking forward to my first game!

Thanks

A new upcoming Jets Fan

23 minutes ago, ScottWGN said:

Hi All,

I am about to attend my first Jet's game this Saturday and thought I'd ask the fans for a bit of advice.

Just to explain this is my first game as I have recently moved to NYC from South Africa for a 6 month period. I am keen to come experience the good football culture at the MetLife Stadium that I have heard so much about and one of the key aspects is Tail Gating. I have managed to rally up some fellow foreigners and there are about 11 to 13 of us going. Since we are all foreigners, we don't own a car but are very keen to have a few cold ones before hand.

Could you offer some advice as to whether it is possible to get into the parking lot where everyone is Tail Gating even if we don't have a car?

Would we be able to bring a whole bunch of beers and just find a space for the 13 of us, or do you need a car to have a spot to chill?

If there is any other advice you have for a footballing novice please let me know, looking forward to my first game!

Thanks

A new upcoming Jets Fan

http://www.tailgatejoe.com/

54 minutes ago, ScottWGN said:

Hi All,

Thanks

A new upcoming Jets Fan

How are you getting to the game? Walking?

You can definitely find a spot to just hang out in the parking lot. Nobody checks passes once you are in.

lol you guys.. I'm curious about the answers as well.  I hope to attend a Jets game next season... there's public transportation available isn't there?  Or is the best bet to stay at a close hotel and have them shuttle me over?

Anyway welcome to the club ScottWGN :)

There is a train from Penn Station (33-34th & 7th-8th) to the Meadowlands but it looks as if there might be some service issues on Saturday. Took this once and hated it but it is an each-to-his-own issue. If interested, best call NJ transit and ask. Meanwhile, this was on their website:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
REMINDER: MetLife Stadium: Jets vs Dolphins: NJ TRANSIT Offers Rail Shuttle Service on Saturday, December 17, 2016

Customers should be aware of the stadium bag policy in effect for all events at MetLife Stadium.  Click HERE for more information.

On Saturday, December 17, NJ TRANSIT will offer rail shuttle service to the Meadowlands Sports Complex for the New York Jets vs Miami Dolphins football game.

Customers should note that there is NO direct service between Hoboken and Secaucus.  

• Service to MetLife Stadium will begin at 5:11 p.m. from Secaucus.
  • The final Meadowlands-bound train will depart from Secaucus at 8:51 p.m.
  • The last train from the Meadowlands Sports Complex will not depart Meadowlands Station any earlier than 1:00 a.m.

Please view schedule HERE.

Customers travelling on NJ TRANSIT trains to the Meadowlands Sports Complexshould purchase their round trip tickets fromtheiroriginating station TO THE MEADOWLANDS SPORTS COMPLEX to avoid delays boarding trains. Tickets purchased on the train will include a $5 surcharge for each ticket.

NJTRANSIT offers Meadowlands online ticketing option where customers can purchase round-trip adult tickets from their originating station to the Meadowlands Sport Complex.  Up to eight tickets may be purchased in one transaction.  

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are also buses from the city but I have no idea about them.

Tailgating is going to be tough for this game as there is an almost certainty of snow early, then a cold rain. Normally, folks set tables and chairs on the ground but I doubt we can do that this time. Looks like an inside the car event this time. we're just thankful are seats are covered.

3 hours ago, ScottWGN said:

Hi All,

Thanks

A new upcoming Jets Fan

Ask SAR 1

There is a train from Penn Station (33-34th & 7th-8th) to the Meadowlands but it looks as if there might be some service issues on Saturday. Took this once and hated it but it is an each-to-his-own issue. If interested, best call NJ transit and ask. Meanwhile, this was on their website:   ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ REMINDER: MetLife Stadium: Jets vs Dolphins: NJ TRANSIT Offers Rail Shuttle Service on Saturday, December 17, 2016
Customers should be aware of the stadium bag policy in effect for all events at MetLife Stadium.  Click HERE for more information.
On Saturday, December 17, NJ TRANSIT will offer rail shuttle service to the Meadowlands Sports Complex for the New York Jets vs Miami Dolphins football game.
Customers should note that there is NO direct service between Hoboken and Secaucus.  
  • Service to MetLife Stadium will begin at 5:11 p.m. from Secaucus.
  • The final Meadowlands-bound train will depart from Secaucus at 8:51 p.m.
  • The last train from the Meadowlands Sports Complex will not depart Meadowlands Station any earlier than 1:00 a.m.
Please view schedule HERE.
Customers travelling on NJ TRANSIT trains to the Meadowlands Sports Complexshould purchase their round trip tickets fromtheiroriginating station TO THE MEADOWLANDS SPORTS COMPLEX to avoid delays boarding trains. Tickets purchased on the train will include a $5 surcharge for each ticket.

NJTRANSIT offers Meadowlands online ticketing option where customers can purchase round-trip adult tickets from their originating station to the Meadowlands Sport Complex.  Up to eight tickets may be purchased in one transaction.  

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are also buses from the city but I have no idea about them.
Tailgating is going to be tough for this game as there is an almost certainty of snow early, then a cold rain. Normally, folks set tables and chairs on the ground but I doubt we can do that this time. Looks like an inside the car event this time. we're just thankful are seats are covered.

Where does it say anything about those possible train service issues you raised?

Go to the website www.stubhub.com to buy tickets.   Tickets are extremely inexpensive. .You can buy tickets for $ 30 plus $ 5-$ 10 in fees for tickets that usually cost $ 125.00 and above. The reason for this is that the New York Jets are a disappointing team and the weather is expected to be cold and rainy.  Remember dress warm with rain repelling clothing since you can not bring umbrellas into the stadium.

Go to tailgate joes located in the parking lot for a feast including alcohol . It is easy and not expensive. ( I grill ;myself but these footballers do not need the hassle of accumulating the bbq grill utensils food and beverages  etc )

Get there by 5pm or 3 hours early to enjoy the experience.

1 hour ago, BRONX DUDE said:

Go to the website www.stubhub.com to buy tickets.   Tickets are extremely inexpensive. .You can buy tickets for $ 30 plus $ 5-$ 10 in fees for tickets that usually cost $ 125.00 and above. The reason for this is that the New York Jets are a disappointing team and the weather is expected to be cold and rainy.  Remember dress warm with rain repelling clothing since you can not bring umbrellas into the stadium.

Go to tailgate joes located in the parking lot for a feast including alcohol . It is easy and not expensive. ( I grill ;myself but these footballers do not need the hassle of accumulating the bbq grill utensils food and beverages  etc )

Get there by 5pm or 3 hours early to enjoy the experience.

And , if you are a Jet fan , drink heavily .

Archived