17 FA QB's

kevinc855

38 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

Probably a good thing for the Falcons that they did not use dropped interceptions to make any decisions about Matt Ryan last year to this year.

Defenses dropped 5 interceptions Ryan threw last year. He's got a career of above average play behind that, and completed 2/3 of his passes in a down year. Defenses dropped 9 of Fitzpatrick's, despite throwing a good number fewer attempts, in what was the best season of his career. Had he thrown the same number of attempts as Ryan, his rate suggests he'd have thrown one more, or double the rate of Matt Ryan's bad season.

Or I could have tried this approach I often see used:

"Holy crap, so now you think Ryan Fitzpatrick is just as good as Matt Ryan? Wow."

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Defenses dropped 5 interceptions Ryan threw last year. He's got a career of above average play behind that, and completed 2/3 of his passes in a down year. Defenses dropped 9 of Fitzpatrick's, despite throwing a good number fewer attempts, in what was the best season of his career. Had he thrown the same number of attempts as Ryan, his rate suggests he'd have thrown one more, or double the rate of Matt Ryan's bad season.

Or I could have tried this approach I often see used:

"Holy crap, so now you think Ryan Fitzpatrick is just as good as Matt Ryan? Wow."

I think dropped int's is a worthless stat

Archived