Gailey to be fired Bowles stays

kevinc855

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, thadude said:

Because, barring a great offseason by Mac, there will be a ton of empty seats at MetLife next year after we start out 0-8.

Speaking of that, I was surprised at the turnout yesterday. There were more people there then I thought.

Why do you think we will be 0-8. I actually think we might be in a better spot than the Bills are

5 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Speaking of that, I was surprised at the turnout yesterday. There were more people there then I thought.

Why do you think we will be 0-8. I actually think we might be in a better spot than the Bills are

I think Mac goes hard after Tony Romo.  Romo gets injured in preseason and we're stuck with Petty/Hack and another tough schedule.  We go 1-15 so get me next year's draft one of these two:

hi-res-fb3e59d78f170b4b75e261bc85a791bd_

maxresdefault.jpg

15 hours ago, Be_a_Jet said:

Chan being fired grinds my gears. I thought his offense was phenomenal in 2015. This year things didn't go our way and the whole team played without confidence the whole year. Think we fire a great OC just to blame this sh*tty season on someone - damn shame. 

Gailey was our best OC in a long time.  This franchise is lost.

10 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

His playcalling annoys me because he leaned on Fitz too much which led to Fitz picks because Fitz had to throw more times. 

He doesn't run the ball enough

I agree Gailey was way too agressive at times.  That cost us week 17 last year when Fitz threw that deadly pick in the endzone instead of us playing for the fg.

But Gailey got an absolute scrub like Fitz to have a 30+ TD season.  I love the spread offense with our Receivers we just don't have a qb that's the main issue with everything.  I think Glennon or Taylor with our receivers in the spread could be very good.

Just now, thadude said:

I agree Gailey was way too agressive at times.  That cost us week 17 last year when Fitz threw that deadly pick in the endzone instead of us playing for the fg.

But Gailey got an absolute scrub like Fitz to have a 30+ TD season.  I love the spread offense with our Receivers we just don't have a qb that's the main issue with everything.  I think Glennon or Taylor with our receivers in the spread could be very good.

That's why I would look for a guy who runs a similar offense, but utilizes personnel better

It would be really cool to not have to wade through so many baseless speculation threads.

If you don't have a news link, you really shouldn't be starting "X to be Fired, Y to Stay" threads ffs.  

We already have a bunch of Coaching Speculation Threads.

P.S. Why do so many people think Norv is an option?

2 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

His playcalling annoys me because he leaned on Fitz too much which led to Fitz picks because Fitz had to throw more times. 

He doesn't run the ball enough

Listen good....

TEAM WERE STACKING THE BOX!!! :) 

You can't run effectively when teams do that.  Teams were daring the Jets to throw and Fitz played poorly when he had to execute.

That is not the OC fault.... 

Just now, Charlie Brown said:

Listen good....

TEAM WERE STACKING THE BOX!!! :) 

You can't run effectively when teams do that.  Teams were daring the Jets to throw and Fitz played poorly when he had to execute.

That is not the OC fault.... 

I disagree. Teams were stacking the box against Jay Ajayi and he ran right through them

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I disagree. Teams were stacking the box against Jay Ajayi and he ran right through them

Injuries on the offensive line hurt the Jets passing game badly. Fitz is not the niftiest scrambler in the world and when Decker went down that hurt his short passing game. No one stepped up in the slot all season, and Gailey neglected the TE position badly. A lot of things went into 5-11, but it started with bad defense in the secondary that gave up big plays in each of the first six games when the team started 1-5.

First, our OC will be an internal hire.  There is just too much risk for any legitimate OC to come here with no QB help.  Look at what Shanahan did with Ryan this year.  That is the situation these guys are going to want to take.  Not Petty, Hackenberg, vet off the trash heap.  Too many years ignoring the offense.  Too many misses on defensive draft picks.  It's time to pay the piper.

Second, if we bring in Romo, we deserve to go 0-16.  Romo couldn't win behind the best OL in the NFL.  He had a top WR and could only win when Murray was the best RB in the league.

He comes here and he won't make it through a single game.  And we would be on the hook for his salary.  And by getting Romo means we ignored the long term solution at the position another season.  

I still have a little faith in Bowles and Macc but if they fail to address to make huge upgrades at the OL with premium draft picks and not 30+injured has beens, while shortcutting the QB position again, I won't give them the benefit of the doubt anymore.

Archived