Linebacker pipeline

Patriot Killa

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

When was the last time the Jets had a dominate in your face bad ass LB type, its been awhile. 

The last one in my opinion was Bryan Cox. 

I wanted Vontaz Burfict,Clay Matthews,Luke Kiechly,Brian Urlacher,Ray Lewis,Donte Hightower,Jarod Mayo,Khahlil Mack instead we went other directions. 

Half those guys were gone before we picked.  Didn't have much choice with guys like Khalil Mack and Luke Kuechly

1 hour ago, whodeawhodat said:

Mac stated when he came on board that he was going to build a pipeline of LBs and even cited the steelers org.  Only question in this draft is when we are taking him/them.

We need better results in the draft and in free agency. 

8 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Jenkins seemed to give up the outside a ton.  I never specifically watched him, but I specifically remember he and Mauldin giving up the edge a ton in at least one game late. (the 2nd Dolphin game?)  Speed is nice, but if you don't maintain your lane it doesn't much matter. Hopefully that is mostly an experience thing. 

I think Lee should play OLB and Jenkins ILB instead of the opposite. OLB's need more speed and Lee is fast while Jenkins is more stout against the run. Lee gets swallowed up by guards and centers at ILB, but I guess Bowles knows best (laughing so hard)

Lee deserves more credit than he is being given.  At least he showed up to play every down.  He showed good speed ,played sideline to sideline, and was around the ball almost all of the time.  Can't say that about too many of this teams "players"  With capable coaching, being put in the correct position, and with added game experience, we will see much better results in the years to come.  It's hard to soar with eagles when you hang out with turkeys.

10 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Jenkins seemed to give up the outside a ton.  I never specifically watched him, but I specifically remember he and Mauldin giving up the edge a ton in at least one game late. (the 2nd Dolphin game?)  Speed is nice, but if you don't maintain your lane it doesn't much matter. Hopefully that is mostly an experience thing. 

just about all of the lb's coudn't stop things to the outside.  they needed better coaching.

18 hours ago, Tinstar said:

I won't comment on him until I see what he weighs at the combines . I'm not drafting any 235 edge rusher in the 1st round . 

Well thats silly. 

Vic Beasley is 236. And that is just the first guy that popped into my head, without doing research or looking anything up, I'm sure there are more great Pass Rushers that weigh around the same. 

Archived