Jets Season Tickets

JetNation

1 hour ago, OH THE PAIN said:

I go to every game bonehead . The morons who sell their seats let in enemy fans . Is this hard for you to understand ?

You have no PSL's and you attend no games.

Troll harder than this if you want to play in the big leagues, son.

SAR I

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Gas2No99 said:

Anyone who thinks that a shared 80K+ capacity stadium where EVERY seat is potentially available will create a home crowd advantage for the Jets is a dolt. Especially in the Tri-State area where most of the top talent of the world, let alone the nation, live & work and have WAAAY more entertainment options than watching a live NFL game in NJ. If you're in Green Bay, not much else to do, but here?!?

"enemy fans," as well as NFL fans, can all afford to go to a Jets game b/c it's CHEAP and NEVER sold out. Wake the Fuçk the up! If Jets lack a Home Crowd advantage it's because the SOJ fan - partially the NFL RedZone's fault - prefers to sit on his a$$ at home then go and CHEER the Jets LIVE in their OWN HOME Stadium. :rolleyes:

Bingo.

Every NFL stadium has about 10-15% of every game attended by enemy fans.  Go look at how many Jets fans show up at Patriots games, look at all the Eagles fans at Giants games, there were a ton of Dolphins fans in frigid Pittsburgh for a wildcard game, it's common sense.  Stubhub and cheap airfare have made road games a part of the annual season ticket ritual, you know this full-well of course.

Outside of PSL owners and season ticket holders who have stuck with us through the MetLife transition and into a 2-14 year like this, Jets fans are cheap.  Notoriously cheap.  Free ticket?  They're all over it.  A $150 ticket for $25?  Forget it, not interested.  I could tell you stories from the old GS days, tell you about the guy I bought Day 1 PSL seniority from, it would make your head spin trying to save a nickel while looking a gift horse in the mouth.

SAR I

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Bingo.

Every NFL stadium has about 10-15% of every game attended by enemy fans.  Go look at how many Jets fans show up at Patriots games, look at all the Eagles fans at Giants games, there were a ton of Dolphins fans in frigid Pittsburgh for a wildcard game, it's common sense.  Stubhub and cheap airfare have made road games a part of the annual season ticket ritual, you know this full-well of course.

Outside of PSL owners and season ticket holders who have stuck with us through the MetLife transition and into a 2-14 year like this, Jets fans are cheap.  Notoriously cheap.  Free ticket?  They're all over it.  A $150 ticket for $25?  Forget it, not interested.  I could tell you stories from the old GS days, tell you about the guy I bought Day 1 PSL seniority from, it would make your head spin trying to save a nickel while looking a gift horse in the mouth.

SAR I

when we sucked in the old place there were way too many opposing fans and in the new Stadium even when we are good there are too many opposing fans.

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Bingo.

SAR I

So are you like my paler anglo-germanic bald doppelgänger in some weird parallel universe? The similarities, on certain issues, is rather astonishing, yet also disturbing. :P

44 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

when we sucked in the old place there were way too many opposing fans and in the new Stadium even when we are good there are too many opposing fans.

That's just truly a sign of the times.  Remember, there was no Stubhub in the old place, that really took off just as we moved into the new stadium.  The first time I used Stubhub was for the 2009 AFC Championship Game at Indy played in January 2010. 

From what I see at enemy stadiums, there are no more or less enemy fans at MetLife than there are when I go to New England, Miami, Philadelphia, etc. it's just easier to do now.

One thing we do know is that the PSL process got rid of those Giants fans who had Jets tickets from grandpa, no more of those types around (and there were plenty).

SAR I

16 hours ago, Cornfed said:

I have many thoughts on this thread, but for now I'd just like to know how can I get in on this casual unprotected sex on game days? That sounds quite lovely, especially if the Jets don't field a competitive team this year.

download (5).jpg

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

That's just truly a sign of the times.  Remember, there was no Stubhub in the old place, that really took off just as we moved into the new stadium. 

SAR is right, resale to seat fillers, friend or foe is going on all over the country and it's not just for  football. Google the AZ Cardinals and you'll see  that their enemy actually outnumbers them sometimes. Their coaching staff has even reached out publicly asking STH not to sell. One could argue that the birds have a lot more to look forward to than Jets fans this season yet their GIDDY ABOUT THE RESALE VALUE because the cowboys and Seahawks are coming to town. They don't have PSLs,  just the old time STH in the new era of internet. 

On 5/3/2017 at 11:05 AM, SAR I said:

Show me the evidence of this please.  Show me where Jets PSL owners aren't even trying to sell their PSL's to another fan to get out of the legal commitment they made to the Jets LLC and are just walking away and defaulting on their payments.  I go to games.  I don't see it.  I see the same 1000 people in my section and those around me.  I haven't seen a single seat open up where they swapped hands.

In a city of 20 million people it doesn't take much to get 17,000 with deep enough pockets to afford season tickets and PSL's even in down years.  They're the same diehard types that were in Giants Stadium, they just have more money.  The passion and the dedication is the same.

SAR I

people have posted on this very website for starters they walked away -there is a thread on it too

I personally know of 8 people that have done it-I thought about it for one of my sets after trying to sell with  zero interest-I have a few sets including best in house. The people are never the same. My family has had season tickets since early on at shea. I have spent a few hundred K on the jets and I would argue I have been in attendance and owned tickets more than 99.5% of the people that are current fans. My father prob one of the oldest living jet fans that has only missed a handful of games in 45 years

20 hours ago, Jiminy Cricket said:

SAR is right, resale to seat fillers, friend or foe is going on all over the country and it's not just for  football. Google the AZ Cardinals and you'll see  that their enemy actually outnumbers them sometimes. Their coaching staff has even reached out publicly asking STH not to sell. One could argue that the birds have a lot more to look forward to than Jets fans this season yet their GIDDY ABOUT THE RESALE VALUE because the cowboys and Seahawks are coming to town. They don't have PSLs,  just the old time STH in the new era of internet. 

Plus, if you're planning an away game, AZ is awesome.  My wife and I were at a Rangers game a couple years ago at the Garden, and they put up the upcoming schedule on screen, and the Rangers were in AZ on Valentine's Day.  We didn't have any solid plans, so we booked flights, hotel, and got tickets within a couple of hours the following day, and had an awesome weekend.  70 degrees the night we left, and returned to 7 degrees.

I go to one Jets away game a year, and always find good seats easily.  And there are always a lot of Jets fans wherever I go.  It's 2017 - "enemy" fans are here to stay, PSLs or not.

1 hour ago, gEYno said:

I go to one Jets away game a year, and always find good seats easily.  And there are always a lot of Jets fans wherever I go.  It's 2017 - "enemy" fans are here to stay, PSLs or not.

Yes.  And I'm not sure why it's a bad thing, exactly.

I find a mixed crowd fun, bunch of Dolphin fans in their tattered Marino jerseys two sizes too small, we say rude things when they cheer, mock them when we score, it's part of the atmosphere we actually appreciate as attending fans.

Was there anything better than being a Jets fan in December 2015 watching the Giants have their way for 3 quarters as the home team at MetLife, getting verbal abuse from Giants fans, my son and I hanging our heads in shame?  Then realizing it's the 4th quarter, the Giants always collapse, and watching it occur live, right into overtime and watching them miss the FG?  Twas one of the best games I've ever attended, really spirited crowd both ways, heightened the experience.

If you're going to have unprotected casual sex, make it spicy.

SAR I

19 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Yes.  And I'm not sure why it's a bad thing, exactly.

I find a mixed crowd fun, bunch of Dolphin fans in their tattered Marino jerseys two sizes too small, we say rude things when they cheer, mock them when we score, it's part of the atmosphere we actually appreciate as attending fans.

Was there anything better than being a Jets fan in December 2015 watching the Giants have their way for 3 quarters as the home team at MetLife, getting verbal abuse from Giants fans, my son and I hanging our heads in shame?  Then realizing it's the 4th quarter, the Giants always collapse, and watching it occur live, right into overtime and watching them miss the FG?  Twas one of the best games I've ever attended, really spirited crowd both ways, heightened the experience.

If you're going to have unprotected casual sex, make it spicy.

SAR I

That was one of the best games I've ever been too. The Jet fan next to me and I received a ton of crap all game but got to dish it out to those same people when we won. Amazing experience. 

6 hours ago, Jet Life said:

That was one of the best games I've ever been too. The Jet fan next to me and I received a ton of crap all game but got to dish it out to those same people when we won. Amazing experience. 

It was great, right?

The row in front of us, this 60 year old woman, very arrogant, rolling her eyes every time the Jets made a play, acting like we were bothering her tea time when we cheered.

Start of the fourth quarter, it was time to give her something right back.  During the TV timeout, I tap her on the shoulder.  I say "hey, just reminding you it's the fourth quarter, you ready?"  She gave me a look.  About 5 minutes later the wheels were coming off, she didn't turn around to glare at me again.  End of the game, she turns to me as if to congratulate me, I look the other way, never see her baggy face again.

SAR I

Archived