Jets Season Tickets

JetNation

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Thanks for the recap.  Some questions if you don't mind:

Any discussion on the UBER's double-parking by the pedestrian bridge causing major congestion from Lots C, D, and E?

Anyone mention that the non-stop noise on all TV timeouts burns out the crowd who have no choice but to have a conversation during live game action because they can't hear themselves over the PA noise during breaks?

Did the Jets ask about Fireman Ed and the chant or did some dumb fan in the audience raise the issue?

SAR I

They didn't talk about the Uber double parking.  They had an hour for discussions and the group spent a lot of time on a handful of topics.  At the end of the meeting the Jets said they welcome comments by email or phone on anything that you weren't able to discuss or that wasn't discussed at the meeting.  
The Jets got the message on the noise during the timeouts and said they need to dial it down.  They also mentioned that the Knicks tried no noise during timeouts earlier this year and their fans pushed back on them so I would expect the Jets would have something playing but much quieter. 
A fan did bring up Fireman Ed but it was more of a complaint on how the Jets were trying to turn him into a movie star and how he got away with things that others couldn't do (bringing fans from other sections to his section, line for autographs, etc).  The Jets blamed the national media and sports shows for building up Ed and it sounded like he wasn't on the Jets' payroll. One fan brought up bringing back the end zone to end zone chant from the old stadium.  The Jets said that if anyone wants to lead the chant they can get up and do it and the camera will find them.  It is all about creating noise and home field advantage and I get the feeling that they think the chant is important to the identity of the Jets.  They brought up the energy & noise at games in Pittsburgh and feel it's a real home field advantage.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Billyg said:

They didn't talk about the Uber double parking.  They had an hour for discussions and the group spent a lot of time on a handful of topics.  At the end of the meeting the Jets said they welcome comments by email or phone on anything that you weren't able to discuss or that wasn't discussed at the meeting.  
The Jets got the message on the noise during the timeouts and said they need to dial it down.  They also mentioned that the Knicks tried no noise during timeouts earlier this year and their fans pushed back on them so I would expect the Jets would have something playing but much quieter. 
A fan did bring up Fireman Ed but it was more of a complaint on how the Jets were trying to turn him into a movie star and how he got away with things that others couldn't do (bringing fans from other sections to his section, line for autographs, etc).  The Jets blamed the national media and sports shows for building up Ed and it sounded like he wasn't on the Jets' payroll. One fan brought up bringing back the end zone to end zone chant from the old stadium.  The Jets said that if anyone wants to lead the chant they can get up and do it and the camera will find them.  It is all about creating noise and home field advantage and I get the feeling that they think the chant is important to the identity of the Jets.  They brought up the energy & noise at games in Pittsburgh and feel it's a real home field advantage.

Great summary, thank you very much.

Glad to see there is more than one Fireman Ed detractor, LOL.

SAR I

33 minutes ago, Billyg said:

They brought up the energy & noise at games in Pittsburgh and feel it's a real home field advantage.

hmmm.....I wonder if a history of being a winning organization has anything to do with that.....

1 hour ago, peebag said:

hmmm.....I wonder if a history of being a winning organization has anything to do with that.....

....and Pittsburgh had a ton of empty seats for their playoff game against the Dolphins.  I have screencaps off the TV that day and it was embarrassing, a sea of yellow plastic among the teal Miami jackets.

This myth that the Jets have an undesirable fanbase is ridiculous, same as the myth that the Steelers have such a good one.

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

....and Pittsburgh had a ton of empty seats for their playoff game against the Dolphins.  I have screencaps off the TV that day and it was embarrassing, a sea of yellow plastic among the teal Miami jackets.

This myth that the Jets have an undesirable fanbase is ridiculous, same as the myth that the Steelers have such a good one.

SAR I

Post the screen caps please.

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

Great summary, thank you very much.

Glad to see there is more than one Fireman Ed detractor, LOL.

SAR I

No problem. It's worth going next year for the meet and greets/lobbying of the GM and coach, the tour of the facility and for the one-on-one discussions with some of the staff.   The group session is more of a hit-or-miss and depends on which fans they call on.

5 hours ago, Billyg said:

You made the right decision. Family comes first. Before you know it your son will be off to college.  

I got there in the middle of the dinner hour where coach Bowles and Mike Mccagnan we're walking around. They were both very nice guys as were the the admin staff. Got a chance to lobby Mccagnan on draft picks, direction of team, etc. After the dinner they brought everybody into the media room/ auditorium for an hour of q and a followed by a tour of the facility. Discussions included some complaints about all the noise at the stadium and trying to tone it down. My view is whatever the players need to get pumped up works for me. They also had a discussion on fireman Ed and the chant which I'm sure would have have gotten you fired up. 

I was pleasantly suprised that they monitor fan noise and responses to video and audio on a play-by-play basis to determine what generates the most noise to help create a home-field advantage.

The fans and the admin staff all seemed to be in agreement that this should not be a make-or-break year for Todd and Mike and they should be given time. They implied that it was Woody's view as well. 

This sounds like a carefully choreographed event... unless the fans didn't want to get a Jim Dolan-like ban if they mouthed off.

6 hours ago, Billyg said:

Thank you for the recaps!

6 hours ago, Billyg said:

No problem. It's worth going next year for the meet and greets/lobbying of the GM and coach, the tour of the facility and for the one-on-one discussions with some of the staff.   The group session is more of a hit-or-miss and depends on which fans they call on.

So they called people to speak into a microphone based on questions they had supplied to the exec's in advance?

SAR I

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

So they called people to speak into a microphone based on questions they had supplied to the exec's in advance?

SAR I

no microphones needed for the smaller breakout sessions.  These are held in the smaller positional meeting rooms.  I forgot if there were pre- selected Q & A.  I remember them being spontaneous last year.  It was good. 

12 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

No microphones or questions in advance.  They had everybody together in the large media room/Auditorium and after a brief introduction of the staff, the fans would raise their hands and get called on to ask their questions.

They did not have the smaller breakout sessions that Dcat mentioned above.  I was at a session a few years back and they did have the smaller breakout groups that were more effective than this larger group session.  The staff did hang around after the event so you could talk to them one-on-one with concerns or questions.  

On 4/28/2017 at 1:24 PM, De-Jet-Erate/Duane said:

It is official! I am back in.  My wife actually talked me INTO doing this!

Excellent. Congrats. 

Going to be a "started at da bottom now we here" kinda moment in a few years. 

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Excellent. Congrats. 

SAR I

SAR I

I love your optimism. What makes you think we will be OK in a few years? I hope you are right but there is no sign that gives me hope. 

On 4/28/2017 at 1:24 PM, De-Jet-Erate/Duane said:

It is official! I am back in.  2 seats. My wife actually talked me INTO doing this!

Hope to see you at a  couple of games this year. Someone has to keep Max in line

15 hours ago, SAR I said:

Excellent. Congrats. 

SAR I

Thank you! I hope I don't disappoint you but I drive a Lincoln not a BMW. Coming down from the 300 level I hope I don't miss the burpers and the farters to much. I should be ok though sitting directly behind Max I'm sure I won't miss the farters!

On 3/8/2017 at 10:18 PM, JetNation said:

metlife.jpg

When you go 5 and 11 in the NFL two things usually happen next.

1. You start the process of finding a new QB
  2. You tell your season ticket holders that there will be no price increase the following season

Free agency starts on Thursday, so we will soon find out what the Jets are thinking about # 1. On Tuesday though the Jets did announce that there won’t be a price increase for tickets this year.

Neil Glat sums it up this way:

“Looking at the secondary ticket prices and comparable tickets for other New York sporting events and other NFL teams, the decision was made to keep it flat,” said Jets President Neil Glat. “They are still lower than 2010 when MetLife Stadium opened.”

I looked at my tickets online and the Jets are offering a four payment plan for season ticket renewals. The total cost of your tickets and parking are divided into four equal payments; due on 4/17, 5/17, 6/17 and 7/17.

From the Jets site:

Your 2017 ticket pricing will be unchanged. More information on variable pricing will be communicated once the schedule is released in April.

One new feature this year is a signing bonus. Which looks like a Jets Reward credit. For my lower level end zone seats it looks like we qualify for a $40 per seat credit if we renew in time.

If they renew their season tickets by one of two deadlines, they can receive a credit of anywhere from $20 per seat to $100 per seat, depending on the location in the building.

signingbonus.png

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs

T5w1a3RxeeE

Click here to read the full story...

In short, "pay us thousands of dollars and we'll give you $40 worth of stuff"

I just paid my $3500 for 2 tix for the year. Love the Jets and can't wait to be back!  Couple notes.

Ticketmaster charges a $4 fee on top of a $3500+ ticket and parking purchase. WTF is up with that? Should be zero, of course, but if they will charge, why $4? Make it $100 if you want something meaningful. $4 for handling what, exactly? Make it zero or $100.

Looked at Jets rewards. With my points I think the only things I can get are a soft cooler or a water bottle. All auctions exceed my points. Can't even afford bobbleheads which I don't want. Can I donate my points to someone else so that they may combine them and get something good?

So today is May 1 and season ticket payments are due.

As I went to the checkout I realized that there is an option to spread the payments out over 4 months which I normally would not do.  But I did this year.  So it's not costing me $5,500.  It's only costing me $1,375.  I feel a whole lot better now.

SAR I

18 minutes ago, SAR I said:

So today is May 1 and season ticket payments are due.

As I went to the checkout I realized that there is an option to spread the payments out over 4 months which I normally would not do.  But I did this year.  So it's not costing me $5,500.  It's only costing me $1,375.  I feel a whole lot better now.

SAR I

I have always done the 4 payment plan. I think they wanted the first payment on 4/15 but they are really flexible when you don't register for it until 5/1.

Renewed today for year #38. I have to say, pretty much every year I have a decent idea of what to expect from the team going into a season. This year, I honestly have no clue. I am excited to see Hackenberg play.Think he is going to be a very good QB. I like all the young guys that are being stockpiled. They will be easy to root for. The rest of it, your guess is as good as mine.

I mailed it in on Saturday. I plan on selling all 3 tix for every game and will upgrade to the CHEAPER 50 yard line Club mezzanine seats via StubHub on game-days. If none available, I'll occupy one of the unsold broker seats that always remain empty in my section.

2 hours ago, section314 said:

Renewed today for year #38. I have to say, pretty much every year I have a decent idea of what to expect from the team going into a season. This year, I honestly have no clue. I am excited to see Hackenberg play.Think he is going to be a very good QB. I like all the young guys that are being stockpiled. They will be easy to root for. The rest of it, your guess is as good as mine.

The thing that keeps me going is that if Hackenberg turns out to be a franchise quarteback it would be oh-so Jets for it to turn out this way.

Guy who never should have been drafted, player with a terrible college outlook, GM under immense pressure makes boneheaded decision, can't see the field in his rookie year despite multiple QB benchings.  Turns out to be the second-coming of Joe Namath.  Perfect, at least from a Jets perspective.  I mean, it would never happen the traditional way for us, right?  Sure-thing QB sitting there, we get the next Manning or Luck, right?  No, we have to get it wrong to get it right.

SAR I

3 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

I mailed it in on Saturday. I plan on selling all 3 tix for every game and will upgrade to the CHEAPER 50 yard line Club mezzanine seats via StubHub on game-days. If none available, I'll occupy one of the unsold broker seats that always remain empty in my section.

good luck selling anything

I renewed all mine -my psls paid off day one but I am a very disgruntled fan-too much time invested to jump ship but at the same time no hope

Jet tickets already going for 50% less than retail

jets psls were not investment gold but giants were -easy to sell above retail and if you need to drop psls u wont take a bloodbath-only hope is jets get good and regain some future value (I bought for fun not investment though)

3 minutes ago, kmnj said:

good luck selling anything

I renewed all mine -my psls paid off day one but I am a very disgruntled fan-too much time invested to jump ship but at the same time no hope

Jet tickets already going for 50% less than retail

jets psls were not investment gold but giants were -easy to sell above retail and if you need to drop psls u wont take a bloodbath-only hope is jets get good and regain some future value (I bought for fun not investment though)

I got close to face value or more for every game I sold my 3 seats.  Remember 3 seats pays a premium.  Much harder find than a pair or a 4-some.  For games when one of my sons coouldn't attend, we sold the trio of seats and bought a pair, usually in the same section or Mezz Clubs.  Never had a problem selling three.  

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

The thing that keeps me going is that if Hackenberg turns out to be a franchise quarteback it would be oh-so Jets for it to turn out this way.

Guy who never should have been drafted, player with a terrible college outlook, GM under immense pressure makes boneheaded decision, can't see the field in his rookie year despite multiple QB benchings.  Turns out to be the second-coming of Joe Namath.  Perfect, at least from a Jets perspective.  I mean, it would never happen the traditional way for us, right?  Sure-thing QB sitting there, we get the next Manning or Luck, right?  No, we have to get it wrong to get it right.

SAR I

I'm with ya. It is the way it will happen. We draft Andrew Luck and he's Joey Harrington.

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Your mouth to God's ear.

53 minutes ago, OH THE PAIN said:

When it comes to the Jets , God is deaf .

I remember back almost 20 years ago when Vinny did the quarterback sneak against Seattle when only his helmet went over the goal line.

Refs gave the Jets the TD.

Parcells in the post-game said to the press, "God was with us today fellas".

Next day on the back page of the New York Post it said "God is a Jet fan".

I'm actually pretty excited for this season because the expectations are either very low or non-existent.

Last year my expectations were rather high after we went 10 and 6 and should have went 11 and 5.

This year's different.

Should be a fun team to root for.

I hope SAR is right and Hackenberg is the second coming of Joe Willie.

Archived