Donta Hightower - Future Jet?

Integrity28

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, C Mart said:

Based on Silver's tweet it could mean the Jets weren't interested once he left Florham Park. 

I hope that's the case, that would mean the past two days Hightower's agent was driving the "misinformation"

^^^ So yea, sign it or GTFO.

Stupid contract offer IMO, but whatever... it wouldn't have been the worst signing ever. I'd rather go after Minter for $6-8, and then sign Zach Line with the rest of the cash that would have gone to Donta.

Just now, dbatesman said:

And now, the pivot to "the $12 million figure is fake news, BIGG MACC was clearly offering the league minimum, the visit was just due diligence, actually the whole thing was kind of a genious move"

Settle down, toots.

10 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

No. Harris is terrible.

Blasphemy.  Sure fire Ring of Honor guy.  Up there with Chrebet as one 9f my favorite all time Jets.

Doesn't change the fact he's getting older, but good chance he'll lead the team in tackles again this year.  Lunch pail guy just keeps doing his job quietly.

5 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

I agree with you on Hightower but you have to admit that Mac blinked when it came to Fitz last year...

Absolutely he blinked. I would even wager he blinked with Mo but that was a more complicated situation with more moving parts. Leo only having 1 year of experience, Sheldon suspended and 1 puff away from a year ban. Do you invest in a guy who has come to work with no "reported" issues in the locker room and produced at high levels. He really screwed the pooch not taking the cowboys second round pick for Sheldon when he had the chance. Its just compounded even wrose by Mo's poor showing which it will remain to be seen if it was caused due to his broken leg the previous offseason.

The whole Fitz situation was the perfect example of being between a rock and a hard place. If he doesn't resign Fitz and the Jets suck then bam, why wouldn't you resign the guy that got you 10 wins last season that was so freaking close to the playoffs.We all saw the schedule was ridiculously weak, we all knew Fitz was garbage and Marshall and Decker were having a ridiculous season.  As rational  normal fans we knew the success would not be repeated. Unfortunately the more vocal crowd is the rumbling village idiots that do not pay attention to anything besides major headlines spewed by talking heads. There would have been banners flying over One Jet Drive demanding Mac's release and a whole bunch of whining on twitter. So he blinked and gave into Fitz demands with a horrible return on invest. Hopefully he has learned a lesson and not fall into pressure from the fanbase and the media.

16 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Based on Silver's tweet it could mean the Jets weren't interested once he left Florham Park. 

Certainly possible.  This is one of those situations where, unless they made the mistake and it was successful, we'll never know what the intention was.

I'm glad we didn't pay that kind of money for an ILB today.  Lets move forward.

1 minute ago, dbatesman said:

Good time to remind everyone that literally every good thing that's happened under this regime has been the product of blind luck.

the greatest dynasty of the SB era was launched b/c of blind luck.

now that it's all said and done mac played the game just about right.  he gave hightower an offer about 5% above what he eventually settled at. and it was shorter duration than what he ultimately got.  maybe hightower was able to squeeze some more out of kraft.

Archived