Re-setting the Jets' needs after the first wave of free agency

Gas2No99

6 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

When was the last time this gaylord team used a 1st round pick on a qb?

was it Kenny O?

since then it's been suck suck suck with brief moments of respectability

this team needs to find a qb and use the first to grab one. Enough with dt and cb nonsense. Time to break the cycle. You don't always get to pick 6th. Use it on the most valuable position, which we are in dire need of. Mahones......Watson...please for christs sake

Hint ....rhymes with sark manchez

Just now, Kleckineau said:

Hint ....rhymes with sark manchez

That's right. And what did we get from both mark and Kenny? Pretty decent performers.....at least for a time.

bottom line:   If Nassau county if offering free houses, pick the waterfront colonial in sands point because you don't have that and may never be in a position to get it anytime after. Jet fans want to instead grab the cape along the tracks in mineola. 

39 minutes ago, rangerous said:

okay they won five games.  you can't dispute that.  it's in the books.  but at the same time it was pretty clear that they could've easily won 8 with the right bounce of the ball and possibly even 10 with some really good luck.  and this in spite of fitz being qb or petty or even geno.

i think people need to lighten up and see this team as one that hasn't really addressed player needs through the draft since 2006.  so when people start getting on mac for addressing the needs through the draft you just gotta wonder if they find anything right with anything.  imo this will be a make/break draft and season for mac and bowles. i hope the same people who are being so critical are also honest enough to take back their negativity if hack starts and lights it up.

Okay then you have to admit the also could have won 3 games with "the right bounce of the ball". I completely disagree they could have won 8 or 10 games but that is a matter of your opinion against mine so neither of us will never acknowledge it. I am not arguing who is better or not. I am arguing that 5 wins or 3 wins or 2 wins do not make a difference. They had a terrible season and that's it.

I would love to see Hack light it up but I am realistic. They haven't drafted well as you have pointed out. I have not gotten on Mac as much as anyone but he has made mistakes and I am not as optimistic as I would like to be. I hope he does prove me wrong and does well but I have reservations. Time will tell.

1 hour ago, UnitedWhofans said:

OMG. How is saying "5 wins is not an accomplishment" crowing.

"You are what your record says you are" That's the difference. So instead of being bottom of the barrel crap, we're just crap. And the reaction should match accordingly.

It's lame. You're not getting it. Last place and 3rd from last is the same thing.

no reason to have to point out the difference it indeed makes you look like your rationalizing our low status.

we suck. For now

1 hour ago, HighPitch said:

It's lame. You're not getting it. Last place and 3rd from last is the same thing.

no reason to have to point out the difference it indeed makes you look like your rationalizing our low status.

we suck. For now

but so is second place. if you're not first you're last. that's why it's okay to look at the next season.  all teams start at 0-0 and with the exception of 3-5 teams anything can happen. given the poor drafting record of idzik and tanny this record and playoff drought was to be expected.  of course at some point it has to start turning and this should be mac's make break year.

Archived