Just FYI: March 27 Roster Update

Sarge4Tide

i tend to agree but a top flight running back will make it possible to play ball control and help keep the defense off the field.  on the other hand a good defense will help the offense play on short fields.  there's a balance in here somewhere. but the biggest issue is that for this team to succeed the way it's structured means the coaches will have their work cut out. they will need to get this team to play good smart football for the full 60 minutes and not let up.

That's where I think we'll see addition by subtraction. Guys that are not well-established are going to play hard regardless. I don't believe in 5 year rebuilds in today's NFL, but we needed this turnover.

6 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

The Jets have 4 picks within the first 3 rounds thus far. There is only one Fournette. The O needs weapons. Teams will have to game plan for him. With the speedy WR Corps they just will not be able to stack the box.

Excellent point. 

You want Fournette UP the gut or Robbie Anderson OVER the Top of opposing defenses? Defense can only commit so many players in the box. 

1 minute ago, isired said:

That's where I think we'll see addition by subtraction. Guys that are not well-established are going to play hard regardless. I don't believe in 5 year rebuilds in today's NFL, but we needed this turnover.

i hope so.  this could be a pretty exciting year.  new players and the evolution of the new coaches.  here's to hoping bowles is much better than last season's record indicates.

10 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

The Jets have 4 picks within the first 3 rounds thus far. There is only one Fournette. The O needs weapons. Teams will have to game plan for him. With the speedy WR Corps they just will not be able to stack the box.

Personally, I would like to see the Jets add a CB, a  FS and an edge rusher before we even get to the 3rd round . To accomplish this, I have decided to see if the Saints are interested in a trade for the 6th over all pick where I get their 11 and 32nd pick .  Saints can take who ever interest them, the QB, The RB or who ever and we can get the players we need or trade down further from 11 and see what we can add . 

i hope so.  this could be a pretty exciting year.  new players and the evolution of the new coaches.  here's to hoping bowles is much better than last season's record indicates.
As far as I'm concerned, that's the deciding factor for Bowles' job security - not W-L, but having the team improve as the year goes on, and play hard from the first week to the last.

1 hour ago, Tinstar said:

Agreed, but not with this roster.  The Jets have to start somewhere, and IMO, we have a nice roster to start . We have a star at DE. We have a young player with potential at Linebacker and we could use a play maker in the secondary .  I wonder, with this current roster and the depth in this draft, what side of the ball could the Jets improve more quickly .

The jets need to build a team, and that means sticking to a coach, a GM and a plan .  

I think the defense is closer to being really good so they can go defense early to solidify it. Example being they can go with Lattimore at 6 and then Budda Baker with the pick at the top of the 2nd round and the secondary is instantly much better barring Lattimore stays healthy of course.  And while I'm not thrilled with picking Lattimore at 6 adding those two could improve the defense vastly.  

If they choose to give the offense an identity they can go O.J Howard at 6 and then go with J. Mixon or whoever happens to slip of McCaffrey or Cook (slim chance).  On offense they would then have somewhat of an identity and someone for the defense to gameplan against.

I think the defense is closer to being really good so they can go defense early to solidify it. Example being they can go with Lattimore at 6 and then Budda Baker with the pick at the top of the 2nd round and the secondary is instantly much better barring Lattimore stays healthy of course.  And while I'm not thrilled with picking Lattimore at 6 adding those two could improve the defense vastly.  
If they choose to give the offense an identity they can go O.J Howard at 6 and then go with J. Mixon or whoever happens to slip of McCaffrey or Cook (slim chance).  On offense they would then have somewhat of an identity and someone for the defense to gameplan against.
I think BAP may deliver us one 8f not 2 defenders in the first 2 rounds, but I'd be happy with any of the players you mentioned (otherbthan Mixon, I don't think he should come to NY, and I'm pretty sure he'll have .ore troubles).

1 hour ago, JetFanatic said:

The way the top 5 picks go down will decide everything.  If 1 or 2 QBs get selected in the top 5 I think that's a very good thing for us.

WE LITERALLY get to select a Bluechip Defender that drops or have the 1st choice of an Offensive  "GameBreaker."

DO you take the guy who can "score points" or see what teams offer for the chance to select that guy?

2 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

WE LITERALLY get to select a Bluechip Defender that drops or have the 1st choice of an Offensive  "GameBreaker."

DO you take the guy who can "score points" or see what teams offer for the chance to select that guy?

In a draft this deep I definitely see what other teams offer.  A chance to acquire more picks has to be the main priority here.  If not it would depend on what their vision is in regards to repairing the offense and defense.  Or they can just go BPA.  Lots of options which is good.  

Archived